Thread: Your favourite Dips please .....

smiles4u Guest

Question Your favourite Dips please .....

Hi all,

I don't know many people that don't like dips which has lead me to ask you all what's some of your favourite dips whether they be bought from the supermarket or continental deli's or even homemade (please feel free to give recipes )

After my first taste of a humous dip with chopped contintental parsley & drizzle of oil dipped into warm turkish bread from a Turkish cafe i use to work near in Windsor back in 1987, it's been one dip i still love the taste of but the texture has to be right too IYKWIM

My very first taste of dip would have been probably the only brand of dip you could buy in the supermarket back in the early 80's which was Paul's brand from memory ... then there were powder satchets hanging in the supermarket aisles where you mixed it with cream cheese ... i still remember the seafood one was yum at the time but reckon i would be sick now eating it, LOL Oh my how our tastes buds change over time !!

I had a friends Greek Mum make me beetroot dip which was out of this world

Also i don't mind the dips with Pumpkin & pinenuts or cashews in them ... YUMMO

TIA for ' Dip Lover ' replies !!!

cheesy bacon cob loaf dip. mmm my favourite.

and the Kraft french onion
    Last edited by lisaandshaun; May 12th, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: to add kraft french onion

I love the chunky green dip with cashews in it that you can get from the supermarket. I can't remember what it's called atm. There's also a Copperpot warm dip range which is beautiful with warm crusty bread. I think I need some of that now!

I make a dip which is pretty yummy. It's just a tub of Philly cheese, put it on a plate and smoosh it down a little bit then put a small tin of red salmon over it and top with some thousand island dressing (the one in the jar) and sprinkle spring onions over. It's delicious and I don't even like salmon usually.

Corn relish dip- jar of corn relish (the Masterfoods one is the best) and a carton of sour cream (some use Philly cheese) and just mix them together. It's usually better the next day, once all the flavours have had time to 'soak' into the sour cream.

I love avocado dip and 'chicken in a biscuit' biscuits!

I love a dip you can buy from the supermarkets that is Pumpkin & Cashews.

I love a dip I call suprise dip, it is cream cheese and sour cream mixed together, then there is salsa over the tope, then grated cheese and chopped spring onions.........mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love spinach and pine nut dip (local deli) they also do a really nice capsicum pine nut dip too.
    Tzaitki (sp?), salmon, caviar (absolute fav). These one's you can get from the supermarket.
    Eggplant is another nice one, I don't make my own, only buy them from the Deli or markets.
    I also use them as a spread on sandwhich or wrap give extra flavour.
    A dip you can make yourself and is one I have had since I was a young girl is smoked mussel.
    You buy those tinned smoked mussells from the supermarket, add them to philly cheese and mix.

I love the Chilli and Cashew dip, and also Willow Farm French Onion. DH has also just started making his own Guacamole with avocado, sweet chilli, sour cream and salt....yummo!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Spring onion
    Sweet chilli with philli cheese
    Spicy capsicum
    Thazitzki

Yummmmmm I love dips!!

Quote Originally Posted by ss_storm View Post
    Corn relish dip- jar of corn relish (the Masterfoods one is the best) and a carton of sour cream (some use Philly cheese) and just mix them together.
    Had a mad craving for this today! Didn't even mix them very well, I was so desperate for it! Had it on rice cakes for me dinner - heavenly!

My beetroot dip:

1 drained can, beetroot
    large handful nuts (I alternate between macadamias, pistachios, cashews, whatever's in the cupboard)
    a good dollop of mayonnaise
    1-2 tbsp cumin seeds
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 block silken tofu (dairy hounds can use sour cream)

I have loads of dip recipes. Could never post them all!