Thread: Rice recipes needed ~ Wheat & dairy free

Question Rice recipes needed ~ Wheat & dairy free

Am chasing a range of different rice recipes for the kids, needs to be wheat and dairy free. I also don't want to be buying too many things, so needs to be things I'd keep in my pantry fridge regularly.

Any ideas?

You can google GFDF receipes - there is a lot out there. Any old risotto will do!

I regularly do a sort of San Choy Bow stir fry with rice with mince around here, sounds weird but it works! You could do it with the lettuce but basically I use either pork, veal or chicken mince with fresh garlic, onion/springonion, ginger, then I add whatever vegies I have = tonight it was carrot, snow peas, a can of corn kernals and brocolli, and then add kecap manis (sweet soy) normal soy, a dash of fish sauce, then a bit of sugar. I just keep adding until I get a sauce and a good mix of salty and sweet. Noice. Can't think of anything else right now but Lu is right, risottos are easy and there are loads around that are wheat free.

I only have sausages and some chops No onions or ginger. Have some garlic, cucumber, capsicum and carrots. Have some frozen peas and corn.

And that's about it apart from basic stuff in the pantry....

not very helpful am I

I make a really easy and tasty oven-baked risotto (i.e. it's not a *real* risotto!).
    All you need is:
    2 cups basmati
    big chunk butternut pumpkin chopped in cubes,
    60g butter (you could use marge)
    2 1/4 cups chicken stock
    nutmeg, salt, pepper
    and froz peas or chopped snow peas or beans.

throw in a casserole dish which has a lid in that order - BUT not the peas.
    bake in 175 degree oven for about 40 mins, then add the peas and throw back in for another 5 mins.

I serve this with freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley or coriander, but you can leave that bit out! Goes nicely with just about anything.