Thread: Blood in my dogs wee :/

Default Blood in my dogs wee :/

My 6.5 year old cavoodle desexed girl , has started to want to wee a lot more and today she did a wee inside on the floor And I noticed it had blood in it with a mucus type stuff mixed in .

Anyone had this before ?

Default Re: Blood in my dogs wee :/

My dog had a kidney infection, and blood in the urine..

I would be going to the vet first thing tomorrow morning, or if dog seems out of sorts now, after hrs vets.

How did they determine your dog had that ?
    Thanks for the reply

TBH, I don't know, he was living with my parents at the time..

It was a vets visit though, and he wasn't sedated or put under. And he did actually recover from that. (he is now no longer with us, but that is due to cancer/old age).

I will try to get hold of my Dad and ask how they diagnosed it, but he is away at moment.

Default Blood in my dogs wee :/

Humans pee blood when they have kidney infections, so it sounds pretty likely. Also that she peed inside kidney infections cause urgency to pee. Take her to a vet ASAP, I've had a kidney infection and it's not pleasant!

Cinder, my cat had the occasional kidney/bladder infection. The vets are able to take urine samples & dipstick them, like drs do for humans. If the animal doesn't pee on cue, they can use a catheter to get a sample. I would go to the vet sooner than later as these infections can get nasty quickly.