thread: Our Fur Boy Is Missing

Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC

Bugger....

Update your microchip records with central animal records tomorrow.
    Be persistent with the pounds, keep phoning them.

Hope he comes back soon

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

We went out again this arvo and it's raining now, normally if he wanders he comes home as soon as its cold.

PRMG - I don't think so, he normally wouldn't go far without Cassie

Will do Emma, only other issue is I don't know his chip number

Sent from my iPhone, more than likely while I should be doing something else!

Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC

Ok- that's bad

Nobody will know he belongs to you!
    Didn't you mention his m/c was registered at your old address?
    Give CAR that information- they should be able to tell you his chip number based on your name and past address.
    Do you have any documentation from the last visit to the vet?
    They might have the chip number on record?
    Last edited by Emma09; July 3rd, 2012 at 10:33 PM. : poor spelling

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Yeah our old address, will give our names & those details.
    Actually the council guy scanned them & write it on our reg paperwork so they will have it.
    He is registered with the council.
    Jack hasn't been to a vet in years, actually I don't think ever outside of vac's when he was little.

Apr 2008

Ok- that's bad

Nobody will know he belongs to you!
    Didn't you mention his m/c was registered at your old address?
    Give CAR that information- they should be able to tell you his chip number based on your name and past address.
    Do you have any documentation from the last visit to the vet?
    They might have the chip number on record?
    Yes..this!

Tell them your old details from where you used to live and see if they can track the chip number from that info and put an updated contact number next to it.
    I really hope he turns up. I can tell how much he means to you just from what you have written

Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC

Yeah our old address, will give our names & those details.
    Actually the council guy scanned them & write it on our reg paperwork so they will have it.
    He is registered with the council.
    Jack hasn't been to a vet in years, actually I don't think ever outside of vac's when he was little.

Glad to hear he is registered with the council- hopefully if they pick him up, they can contact you...
    Its not easy

and a for 2 little girls missing Jack tonight.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Address details updated with NPR, they are re-sending our chip certificates & chip tags

Still no sign of him though, called the council for the 4th time, having lunch then ringing the vets again

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Nothing at the vets either
    DD1 is quite upset asking when he can come home and why isn't he finding us.. she said "we should have given him a map"
    Cassie (our girl dog) is not herself, she's been in her kennel all morning, am thinking about packing up the laundry mat in the lounge and putting a rug down for her to come in and have cuddles
    Just realised Jack would be about 6 now which means Cassie is about 7

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

Sorry to hear that he's still missing. Our two dogs went missing in Melb, years ago. They were gone for days and we thought they'd been hit on a road somewhere (crap neighbours let them out the gate when the rotten fence was falling apart, then told me that b/c they weren't pedigree dogs, they weren't worth anything).
    Anyway, they did turn up about 3 days later, still together and totally stuffed. God knows how far they'd gone and it was a miracle they didn't get hit.
    Another time, just one dog went missing and we'd called the lost dog's home a few times (no, no dog here of that description). Somebody had told me to visit the dog's home and check for myself. So we rock up and there's our silly dog, barking her head off. Turns out she had 2 microchips, one from her previous owner and our one after we adopted her from the RSPCA. The previous chip number wasn't connecting and when we called and described her over the phone they just kept saying that they didn't have a dog there which matched our description. So I would definately recommend checking out the council pound etc and putting up pictures at the local vet and supermarket etc.
    Can you get somebody over to mind the kids while you drive about looking for him? We used to cut laps, driving slowly and calling out to them.
    I hope you're reunited soon, it's just heartbreaking when you lose a pet.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

ZF do you want me to do a FB shout out? Have a few friends in your area....

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

put a note on the fb buy & sell group

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

Huge hugs
    I hope he comes homes soon.

Apr 2008

I feel for all of you. Must be so hard for your DD's to understand. That is so cute what she sadi about a map. Hoping he turns up soon

Add Footsteps on Facebook

Mar 2008
    Waterloo, Merseyside, UK

Praying he comes home very soon huni xxx

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

The ranger called, they still haven't seen him either.
    Was nice of him to call & check up but it did get my hopes up a little

He said to check out any rabbit burrows etc but we've been out in the paddocks, i might go check the big wombat holes

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

May 2012
    Perth, Western Australia

Sorry I missed this - you poor thing you must be worried sick. I'd be a mess if it were me.

I second what Three Graces said about going to the pounds/rescues in your area and physically checking what they have. i have heard this many a time where people ring up describing their dog or even giving them a breed and the people say they do not have that breed/matching description only for them to physically check and find their dog there.

Shout outs on Facebook are a very good idea... particularly if you know a few people on FB in the area where your dog went missing. perhaps it's different as I am friends with a great deal of "doggy people" and it's a very tight community but if there is a shout out for a missing dog, the poster is shared and spreads like wild fire and many a dog has been found this way. There are also various groups that have set themselves up on Facebook that you should perhaps search - if you know the names of rescue organisations around your area try them on Facebook. Also check with the ranger if there are any set up in the area you can check with. Try neighbouring councils also. DEFINITELY update your microchip details. Sometimes microchip registers also have a link to a missing dog service so try that too. Depending on where your microchip was done, some chips don't read on the national database so check the paperwork and describe the type of chip your dog has if you can.

Your dog is beautiful - I hope you find him soon.

Jan 2009
    brisbane

oh i really hope you find your boy soon coz he is adorable...