Thread: Bleeding on the mini pill?

Default Bleeding on the mini pill?

I am 6 weeks PP, exclusively bfing on demand and started the mini pill on Tuesday. On thursday I noticed a little pink and brown tinged cm and now on friday ive started bleeding lightly as though im getting a period? Has this happened to anyone else? Is the mini pill causing it? I was looking forward to not having af for a while...

I had constant breakthrough bleeding in the mini pill. In the end I stopped taking it as it was so frustrating and I was worried it wasn't working effectively.

Thats not good to hear. How frustrating! I didnt have any bleeding after my pp bleed until I started this pill. Any chance the pill started it? And am I able to use tampons yet or still just pads?

I also had some light bleeding when I first started on the mini pill. I found it settled after about a month.

After some googling i noticed its really common to get some bleeding when you start it. I decided to toss it. I had only taken a few tablets so hopefully its out of my system quickly and my body can do what ever it wants to naturally. Barrier method will do!

I had bleeding on the mini pill that kept increasing (coming more often and bleeding for more days) until i was bleeding more days than i was not. AF had started before i started minipill, i was expecting AF to continue but not to increase.

It seems it is quite a common effect of the minipill.

From googling, and searching here, some people found a different brand suited them better. Others had to change to an alternative form of contraception.

I also became pregnant while taking the minipill appropriately. I still haven't been able to find out whether the excess bleeding reduced the efficiency of it, or whether i was just lucky.

Is there a reason you began minipill so soon after baby, while exclusively breastfeeding? Have you heard of the LAM method of contraception https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfi...-contraception, although i'm not sure if you would qualify now that you have had bleeding, even if it is artificially induced.

I have no idea what i am going to use after this bub.

I'm on noriday - I'm seriously contemplating stopping though.

In 6 weeks I've had 3 full blown long periods. One was 2 weeks, another 4 days but very heavy and this one was around 9 days! So not worth it.

I was wondering the same thing HotI. If the bleeding meant the pill may not be entirely effective anyway. I guess I asked for it because I wanted to be extra careful and would have preferred not to have to use condoms. I'd rather just use them though rather than deal with the periods. Im still hopeful I wont get another period after this. I thought not getting a period was one of the upsides of exclusively bfing!

Maybe it's worth you trying another contraceptive too MD - sounds like the minipill isn't working for you either.

I've been on the minipill for 18 months now and this last month is the first time I have had bleeding, 14 days after AF and for 4 days. It was light on Day 1, then heavy and thick/clotty for 2 days and then light again for one. Now I've got AF again 15 days after that when I would normally get it. Could the minipill have caused this, even though it didn't happen for the first 17 months? I got AF back when DD was 13 months btw.