Thread: Diane - BCT

Question Diane - BCT

Tell me your thoughts. Anyone had any bad experiences?

I'm over the hair loss and nanna hairs on my chin and neck so I'm going back on BCT. My PCOS is going haywire, weightloss has stalled (my fault TBH) and the metformin is doing diddly squat. I've been taking the Diane for about 14 days now, and scarily I'm already noticing more regrowth with my hair. I'm hoping its here to stay...

I just feel less and less womanly on a daily basis and I'm hoping this will help, and stop my PCOS from getting any worse!

One thing I have noticed, my boobs are getting (if at all possible) even MORE huge... argh!

I was on it for a while. It did help with facial hair growth & pimples. I was on it for a couple of years before having my son. After having him my GP prescribed it again but I decided not to take it when I realised that it poses a higher risk of blood clot than other OCP's.

Have you read the leaflet that comes with it? I read it thoroughly then did a bit of internet research before dumping it & going on the minipill which has minimal blood clot risk. You may not be worried about this but seeing I'd had a bub at 42 I had a huge risk of it for 6 months after giving birth & my GP should never have prescribed it to me due to the increased risks with this particular brand.

I've been on it since shortly after Sam was born. My rheumy insisted I be on it with starting the scary arthritis drugs and my OB chose it after hearing about the bleeding issues I developed with my old pre-TTC OCP during IVF.

I'm not sure I can help much as I never really had much of a hair problem with my PCOS. I think my current hair loss is down to post-baby and methotrexate. That said, the dark hairs I would have growing around my nipples have all but vanished. It might be the pill, it might be my other meds, but my pubic hair has also thinned quite remarkably.

I'll be interested to hear how others have gone with it in terms of PCOS and weight issues. I was down to my pre-baby weight by 7 weeks, but then ballooned ridiculously due to the amount of prednisone I had to start taking to keep my arthritis under control... I'm slowly getting that back down to reasonable levels and have my arthritis controlled to the point where weightloss and exercise can actually become a possibility again. I'm not on metformin, though. None of my doctors have suggested anything about going back on it after Sam.

BW

I ended up on it after trying different ones to see if it helped with migranes. My skin was amazing!

How long were you on it Sam?

Thanks girls for your input. I'm back to kickin' carbs, so I think I'll stay on it till I've lost all my weight then get rid of it. I just have to remember its important to stay active to prevent the clots, so I'll be making sure I go for a walk each night.