Thread: Help! Massive "oops" last night - morning after pill??

Exclamation Help! Massive "oops" last night - morning after pill??

I ****ed up last night!!! (in more ways than one IYKWIM) This is so embarrassing that i could be so stupid! Please dont judge me...

DTD with DP and am stupidly not on the minipill and we got carried away and you can probably guess what happened.

I really dont want to be pregnant again so soon after having DD 8 wks ago so am thinking i need to get the morning after pill.

I havent had AF yet since she was born and am regularly BF her but i am pretty sure i read somewhere today that if you can pregnant if you are just BF.

What do I do? Also if i take it does that mean that i cant BF DD today? Also do I need to go to the doctors or just ask for it at the chemist?

I am **** scared at the moment!

Peach Guest

Hi Alibaby, honestly if you are breastfeeding exclusively, then it is highly unlikley you are UTD. It's possible but, highly unlikely. Maybe make an appointment with the Dr and discuss it with him. I do know that the morning after pill plays havoc with your body and makes you really sick, not sure if you could breastfeed and take it.

Thanks serrenity, I am thinking that the morning after pill would have some serious stuff in it that could mess me around and DD as well. I want to continue to exclusively bf her so that could be an issue. Its ironic that I didnt want to go on the mini pill because of the stuff getting through to DD and now I am in this situation. silly me!

The morning after pill is just a heavy dose of the regular pill from what I have been told you take 2 on the first day and two the secon day. It needs to be taken a certain time after DTD to be efective.

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to take it and BF. I think you should be fairly safe given that you haven't had AF, and are reg BF. All the best. BTW don't eel stupid, happens to us all :-)

Oh dear, Ali.

I am not 100% sure, but I have seen some information that says you can keep breastfeeding - the amount of the hormones that passes through the milk is minimal, although it may have a transient effect on your milk supply. Ring the Mothersafe Drugs in Pregnancy Hotline to be sure, they have the most up to date information.

It should be available over the counter at most pharmacies.

okay so i go to the doctor and she actually advised me not to take it. She said that it is unlikely that i have ovulated yet as no changes in CM that i have noticed (in fact i hardly have any), i am exclusively BF, havent had AF and DD is only 8wks old.

Apparently if i were to take moning after pill, i wouldnt be able to bf for a few days as the dose is quite strong and even with expressing and dumping the milk, I would have probs with supply and getting it back.

It was up to me in the end but i figured seeming the pill isnt 100% effective anyway and its unlikely that i am ovulating that i wouldnt take it.

I guess we will soon find out the result!!

Thanks for all your support and advice

Double post

I was in this position a couple of weeks ago, I feel for you. I considered getting the morning after pill, but ended up not getting it, I freaked for a couple of weeks. I eventually did a pregnancy test which was negative, still haven't got AF though.....my baby is 3 though and Im not bfing, so i think you should be right hun x

Morning after pill is not really that bad. I took it once about 6 years ago, condom blowout. (TMI? giggles)
    There's two kinds yo can get - one is horrible (I was told) and the other more expensive, but it's the one I took and I didn't even notice.

I DTD with DH for 8 months while b-feeding, its ment to be 80% effective?? i think those are the odd my nurse in canada gave me.

I am sure you are totally fine!

Thanks everyone. I am feeling okay now after seeing the doctor and hearing others experiences with doing the same thing.

When I exclusively BF I didn't get AF back until a month after I stopped BF (even when it was after 13 months) so hopefully you are the same!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I took the morning after pill a few years ago. I don't remember feeling sick but I did get spotting. Wasn't breastfeeding or anything though