Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: levlen ed

Default levlen ed

I've just started levlen ed, and wanted to know if anyone has experienced any side effects on it? Is it a good pill to take?

I am on Levlen ED and have never had any problems with it at all.

Love

I got morning sickness-like symptoms on it.

I get sick on the pill too, no probs with the levlen until they upped it to a higher dose and that made me nasty, crazy, upset, depressed and anxious. Since stopping that i've slowly been returning to my old self again

I was on this for years and it was great, no side effects at all.

~Belinda~ Guest

I was on it for many years and had no side effects at all. Then I went off it in March this year (after being on it for about 7 years!), didn't TTC in March but did in April and fell pregnant straight away! I would go back on it again in the future for sure.

yeah i take that one and no probs here!!

I have taken it, it is a fairly low dose pill, so it should have minimal side effect. It is monophasic, so a continious dose should stableize and PMT symptoms. Where as triphasic pills will mimic normal hormonal fluctuations. I changed from Levlen ED to nordette (I think that was it's name) as it was an even lower dose pill. When AF came it was it was really light.

I gained 4 kg in 3 months on levlen ED. fell pg immediately after going off it tho

I was on that for about 4 or 5 years... no side effects.... came off it and was pregnant within 3 weeks!!

Good luck with it...

i stopped taking it 2 montsh ago to try a new one to see if a different pill would help my depression, anxiety and acne. So far so good the new pill is Brenda. hasn't helped the acne as muh as i hoped but the depressiona nd anxiety is SO much better. GL, I hope Levlen agrees with you

I have just started levelen ed 2 weeks ago and im just sticking it out for my pre ivf to bring my period dates in line with my clinic.
    I hate it....I FEEL LIKE IM PREGNANT....it makes me eat non stop,headaches,tired,bloated,nausea,zits,cranky,mo od swings,feel fat,and my boobs have doubled in size and i can't wait to finish it!!!
    But hey thats my body... the pill doesn't really agree with me.
    I wish you luck with it and i hope it doesn't give you any side effects.
    Mel

Hi there mysti,
    I took levlen ed quiet a few years ago, I didnt have any side effects on it such as weight gain, sickness, headaches, but I had problems when i was coming of it...
    I was probably on it for 3 or more years, it actually thinned out my period to nothing at all and was causing an easly menopause at the age of 17. Be carefull not to be on it to long, or switch from pill to pill...

I took Level ED for 9-10 years and have just come off this cycle. I found it agreed with me (no headaches, no weight gain I could blame it for!, tolerable PMS etc). I was pleased to read of all the girls who found they could get pg straight away after coming off. I would have to agree with Sammy though that after a long time on it, my periods became much lighter and, more recently in the past 6months they had started to come later and go for shorter periods of time. My last few cycles were starting a full 24-36 hours after they should have and were finishing at the same time as normal and before the sugar pills were finished (which was concerning me a little bit). I should also mention that I have occasionally taken a 'break' from it for one or two cycles only every 2-3 years. Not sure if the lighter/later AF is an effect of Level ED or simply being on any BCP for a long period?

I was on this one, and found I put on weight as well as lost libido, which was very sad for DH!

It has put me right off any kind of oral contraceptive actually :-(

I had weight-gain, worsened PMS/T (which is it these days?!), headaches, worsened period pain...

I also fell pg on the pill - but that would be a side effect of my body eventually rejecting it / me not taking enough care - so i wouldn't necessarily factor that in.
    There is a discussion about Yasmin at the moment as well - but i don't think it's covered by PBS (or whatever it is)

I was on Levlen ED for 4 years. I had no side effects what so ever, none of the lightening of periods, and conceived pretty much straight after coming off it.
    I wouldn't hesitate to go back onto it.

I was on Levlen ED for 7 years with no side effects. It helped with pimples, I had lighter periods and it stopped alot of the ugly symptoms I had each month (headaches, the runs etc).

I am wary of oral contraceptives now as when I was sick on the pill I feel pregnant.

Hope it works out for you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast