Thread: Microlut - Keep taking or Stop?

Default Microlut - Keep taking or Stop?

I started taking MIcrolut after my first natural period after DD which was late March then 22 days later I had another period and now 12 days later another period, not spotting. What is going on? I am taking it around the same time every day.

DD is nearly 10 months old and I plan to BF until at least 12 months so maybe I could stop taking it and wait until she is weaned to go on the proper pill.

What do you think?

I would stick at it :-)

My DD is nearly 9months and I still havent had one yet! (Taking Microlut and BF) But everyone is different. I would say it is just your body adjusting..

Try keep the time you take it within an hour every day (i set an alarm) But in saying that i havent had mine in 2 weeks, hmmm *thanks off to go take a pill*

That same thing happened to me Tinsel. I couldn't bear it and stopped. My ob said it happened to some people - then she suggested the depo injection - should have done more research myself because it's basically the same - only I was stuck with the result.

Thanks for your replies. I might stick with it for the next month or so and if I have my period every 2 weeks again I might consider stopping for a while and then see what happens. I didn't like seeing AF after not having it for 18 months let alone having AF 3 times in the last month!

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh, that's it! I'm going off it after getting AF again today when the last one ended 2 weeks ago. It makes me cranky, crampy and I'm over it. Vent over.

Thats why i didnt get the depo - i thought, once its in there, you're stuck with it for three months. I had the implanon a few years ago and was a nut bar for almost two years.

Question about microlut - my doctor said if you miss one, you're not covered for the next two weeks, the pharmacist said not covered for three days and the pamplet in the pack says 7 days .... which is it ?

I started taking Microlut after having DD, I didn't really get AF back till DD was 12 months, but then started getting it very frequently and spotting too so stopped taking it right before my last AF, and now seem to be back on a 28-30 day cycle. Before having DD I was on a pill in UK for years and years which was really happy with, but seems you can't get it here so am not sure what will do when finish BF.

My GP put me on it when Sam was 6 weeks old.
    At 8 weeks I got AF back, then would get it every 2 weeks for 2 months - sometimes heavy, sometimes just spotting.
    It stopped then & I haven't had AF since & Sam's 13 months now.