Thread: Mid cycle bleeding on Pill??

Question Mid cycle bleeding on Pill??

I have just started back on the Pill (Levlen ED) and I am halfway through the cycle and I have been having a heap of EWCM and it has been blood stained and I have been having cramps as well..

Would this just be my body getting back in the swing of the pill or should I see my GP??

TIA

Kate

Kafer Girl, I had a fair bit of mid-cycle bleeding when I first started the pill as well. My OB chose this one (Dianne) as I had a bad history of bleeding during active pills every time we used the pill for down regulation as part of my IVF treatment. I would bleed constantly then. She did suggest that it may happen again as my body gets used to things after having given birth and then starting a new pill. She said I'd more than likely have to give it a few cycles to see if things settle but was pretty confident this pill would be fine. If it's any help, levlen was one of the ones we tried during IVF but was just as bad as brevinor and microgynon.

On another note... I had the vague thought that being on the pill would make the first AF after baby not quite so bad as the horror stories I'd heard. Nope. Not a chance. Stock up on the heavy-duty pads and tampons and keep lots of period pain tablets on hand!

BW

Yep, my chemist when I picked up the pill pointed out that mid cycle bleeding can be really normal for the first few cycles in some women...
    And thank you because I have been on the pill for 4 days now, and tonight I noticed clear CM already... feels pretty strange but it seems to be "normal" too.
    Hope it settles soon though, it can be quite a challenge to figure out the changes with a new set of drugs in the system.

Thanks ladies!! Glad im not the only one!!