Thread: Mini pill or 'normal' pill "Jazmin" - whilst breastfeeding

Default Mini pill or 'normal' pill "Jazmin" - whilst breastfeeding

Background - I have PCOS, am breastfeeding, want to be on the pill for period regularity, not entirely unhappy if I do fall pregnant

My doctor today told me that the mini pill is a waste as it has increased my weight, thrown my period cycle outta wack, and is really quite ineffective. He has prescribed me Jasmin which turns out to be pretty exxy but will help with weight issue and breakouts on face. Thing is I'm breastfeeding and want to continue but always thought that the 'normal' pill wasn't good for breastfed babies. Dr says its fine but this is the same doctor that told me last week that bfing a 12month+ baby is a waste as there is no benefit except comfort. I'm not convinced that hes not just saying it's safe so that DD will wean herself. I mean surely doctors can't fib like that though.

So anyway, my question is should I go on this jasmin one or stay on the mini pill? I'd like to go on the jasmin for weight, acne, regular periods but not if it's not good for bubs. I'm going to read the insert but it's a freakin mini book not a little scrap of paper like other medications.

Also would you want to make sure that you are definately NOT pregnant before going on Jasmin (even though am currently on mini pill anyway). I haven't had a period since Aug but apparently this is normal with the mini pill as well.

HELP!!!???
    Thanks

The normal pill can cause your milk to dry up, thats why its not prescribed while bfing.
    The mini pill, or depo needle are the only 2 contrceptives for bfing as far as i now.

Ah ha...so it seems like the doctor is really not for me breastfeeding at all! [email protected] . I've told him that I want to continue and my reasons for it.

If I was you I'd find a new doctor!

i'm not sure kate, but my ob told me i should only take the mini pill while bf