Thread: Opinions on Yaz pill?

Default Opinions on Yaz pill?

so i went to a new doctor today (my other doctor was horrible, no sympathy or understanding) this new one was great, had the time for me, chatted about everything. after i told her i had been on Levlen before falling pregnant with J, and i sad i didnt like that cause it gave me serious mood swings, 24/7, she put me on a pill called Yaz. told me it would cost around $48 for 3 months, turns out it costs $68 for three months!! im seriously hoping it's going to be a miracle pill, but i doubt it

anyway....opinions? for those who loved it and those who liked it? any side effects? thanks

do you mean yazmin?

if so i found it aweful. i was severly depressed, and after awhile i would bleed for 21 days out of 28. It is also quite pricey.

plus side was that my skin was gorgeous and i never put on any weight (probably because of the constant bleeding!)
    Last edited by helle; April 1st, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

Is that the yasmin pill or different? My experiences with that one was severe migraines the entire time i was on plus really moody but was probably because my head was throbbing. And it was soo expensive i think i like paid $80 for it or something just as ridiculous!

no it's different to Yasmin, it's just called Yaz. i think it's kind of new? i've heard about those side effects from Yasmin, i think cause it's high dose? it's so hard finding a pill that suits you, cause every woman is different. my Doc reckons cause Yaz has more estrogen then progesterone, it won't make me as moody? cause i was pretty bad on Levlen....and depressed i think too....i guess i'll just have to trial it, but was hoping someone had some experience with it.....

i think yasmin was orginally meant to be a pill to improve skin problems. i thought it was a pretty mild dose?

hopefully someone will have some info for you then!

I'm on Yaz. Like you, I just about fell over at the shock of the price! My GP normally warns me when something isn't on the PBS - he didn't tell me, and I got two other scripts at the same time (pension concession, so $5.60 each) and was absolutely gobsmacked at being asked for $80+...

But... I have to say I am LOVING the 24/4 set up with it. I was previously on Dianne, and while it was ok, I would either have very painful periods if I didn't skip every second one, or very heavy periods if I did. So we switched to Yaz.

I've also found that with many other pills I get horrifically depressed. Less so with Yaz.

And best of all... with Yaz, I actually have a libido. Every single other pill I've ever been on has seriously squashed my libido to the point of it being non-existant (sometimes even making sex seem repulsive), so this is a fantastic change for me.

Shorter, lighter periods and feeling happier and more interested in sex. Worth the $70 for three months in my mind!

Next time I get it, I'm going to mu usual discount pharmacy rather than just the one that's most convenient at the time, and hoping that I won't have to spend as much.

BW