Thread: What is this and will it stop? Warning TMI

Cool What is this and will it stop? Warning TMI

I started my new pack of pills about two weeks ago and then about a week ago I got browny discharge which is now so thick I have to wear a tampon and have been for about 5 days It's brown and yucky and this morning soaked through the tampon ughhh

I did miss two days in the first week of the pill, totally forgot and then remembered so took two do you think this could be why?

I'm going to my friends pool party on Friday and I really dont' want it to still be there.

Any ideas??

Cheers me'dears

Alot of my periods were that, just brown ick. I have no idea what it is but i remember i had it for about 3 weeks. Maybe its your body getting used to the hormones..

Hope someone else has a better answer for you.

I've got no idea - maybe go talk to a chemist about it. It could be because you've overdosed yourself with the two pills at once (but don't quote me on this).

Doesnt it say if you miss one to take two? Im pretty sure it does say that so i dont think that would be the cause but who knows the human body is a strange thing.

your period comes from a drop in progesterone - if you took two pills at once, your p4 would have gone higher, and when you returned to the lower level, it would think it was a drop and is trying to have a bleed (but isn't fully bleeding because you still have P4 from the pill that you're on -just at the lower level than you had when you doubled up)

geez, i know what i'm trying to say - just not sure i'm saying it well - does that make sense hun?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeMumma88 View Post
    Doesnt it say if you miss one to take two? Im pretty sure it does say that so i dont think that would be the cause but who knows the human body is a strange thing.
    NO!! Absolutely not! If you miss one, you missed it, you resume the next day at the regular time.

I would suggest that the new pill is either not as strong or due to you missing two days worth you have breakthrough bleeding. Which is quite normal and can be quite gross.

Should clear up if you continue to take the pill regularly as normal. However, if it continues go back to your doctor. They will most likely take you off the pill and allow your cycle to regulate for a month and either put you on a higher dose or restart teh same pill making sure you take it every day.

Thanks guys, should say its not a new pill, i've been taking it for about 4/5 months.

I really thought if you missed you should take two...oops!

Bit of an update...i'm still bleeding So I guess it's been about two weeks now. I took my last pill of the month yesterday so I suppose i'm going to start bleeding properly in the next couple of days. Hoping that it'll run it's course and then when I start the new pill packet i'll go back to normal (fingers crossed).

The thing is i've been exhausted the last few days, as in sleeping in the afternoon for a couple of hours i'm that shattered. Barely dragging myself out of bed in the morning...and i'm having to drink energy drinks before I teach and i'm still flat. Do you think it could be because i've been bleeding for so long? Do you think I need a big juicy steak lol!

TIA