Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High blood pressure in cord

Default High blood pressure in cord

Thanks purplepixie I asked the dr about SCN and he said that baby should be ok and not need to go there, but to be prepared for that just in case. I feel much more positive about that knowing that it isn't really any more likely to need to go there than other babies born at this stage, and we have been shown the SCN so that we are familiar with it. I can sleep in there with baby if I want to as well once I have recovered a bit (unless it is in high dependency or intensive care). I have also been expressing colostrum unde the midwives instruction and have a nice stockpile, so baby won't need any supp feeds.

I'm just excited now, which is helping to reassure my partner too, when I worry he worries too so I'm glad to see that he feels better about it all. Funny to think that this weekend will be our last weekend as 2 instead of 3!

Default Re: High blood pressure in cord

Oh that's a good thing that SCN probably won't be needed.

Best of luck. Xx

Good luck. 6 December is the best birthdate And it's almost full term. You've done really well to get this far.

Hope all went well, Frog.

Let us know how you went.

I hope your enjoying newborn.snuggles xx

Thanks PP, all went very well, Ava Susan was born at 11:09am by c section. She weighed 6lb 4oz, 48cm long and 34cm head circumference. Apgars were 8 & 10, so we could hold her straight away and she came with me to recovery and fed like a little star! We have had lots of mucousy spit ups during the night (which is why I'm awake now!) and she hasn't really been hungry, but after seeing the amount of mucous that is coming up, I'm not surprised!

She has been so spoilt by her nannas already, and her daddy is just enthralled by her. I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for your well wishes and for checking up on us, we couldn't have possibly hoped for a better outcome, and we feel so truly blessed that she arrived so healthy (and gorgeous, if I do say so myself!)

Congratulations of the safe and happy arrival of your DD :-)

Congratulations on miss Ava Susan ... Well done, Mummy :-) xx

Congratulations and I am glad everything went well, enjoy your little Ava xo

Congratulations!! Been thinking of you!

Congratulations frog, I'm in hospital at the moment with threatened pre term labour and my baby shower is meant to be the 9th as well. There must be a no baby shower rule on that day haha!

Enjoy your newborn cuddles!!! Xxx

Thanks ladies!

Amy, that sucks about your baby shower! Hope they get you sorted so you can still go, and more importantly, so you can bake your bubba a bit longer! Maybe we jinxed ourselves by choosing that date! Will be thinking of you, hope your hospital stay is short

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12