12345 ...

thread: Townsville Mums #4

Dec 2008

Hi Sara,

I was actually running with our line of coincidences. We are also trying to find a new place around Sandgate/Brighton as the owners of our rental want to occupy. You mentioned that you were flying down to have a look at a place in Sandgate and that next day I went along to a open house to have a look at a rental on Wakefield street - and as we seem to have so much in common I thought it would be really funny if we were actually at the same place at the same time. But our coincidences didn't run that far I have checked out nearly every rental around this area so if you want to know about any of them let me know.

Jul 2008
    Tvll

Guess who's back??

Its me finally ha ha how is everyone going?
    Im not too bad. Firstly i want to thank everyone for the well wishers and thanks Ali and Shauna for updating the others..it was a pretty horrible experience I got sick on boxing day thought it was just a cold...ignored it then a few days later i started getting really bad head aches were i could not walk/ drive went to the gp a few times first time they put it down as a stress head ache, then new years eve i went to the emergency department were they gave me some pain killers and fluid i improved until the next morning when the head aches returned. The following sunday went back to gp because i had a rash he said it was mossie bite and to stop taking pain killers i was on asperdren(sp) and panadol every 4 hrs head aches got worse went back to emergency were they did blood cultured, ct scan, and the a lumbar puncture(which really hurt) then they discovered it was meningitis and shingels i was admitted into a isolated ward for 14 days off treatment. The first week was pretty horrible as every time a nurse entered the room they had to gown up etc and i couldnt see Indy, as i could have been infectious. But i seem to have recovered quiet well and hope thats the sickness for me over for this weekend.
    Ok..
    Welcome to the newbies Im Tanya LoL im a single mummy to Xavier 2.5yrs and Indyanna 10 months i look forward to chatting to you all!
    Its sad that we have to say good bye to Ruby and Sarah but it seems they are both off to better things..so good luck girls with your future travells! Sarah i envy you going off to do midwifery something id love to do, but like you im not interested in doing the nursing!
    Everyone else im glad use are all keeping well and kids too. To those i havent seen in ages hope to catch up again soon. Ok i better shut up now ive told my life story..
    Bye xoxox

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Welcome Home Tanya!!!!!!!!! I bet you are glad to have your Indy cuddles back!!!

Dec 2005

I need a rec for a bulk billing GP for kids - Rip is a month late for his 1yo needles and I have something else I want to get him seen on but the GP we usually go to doesnt BB kids and its starting to give me the irrits.

Ta!

Jan 2009
    Adelaide Hills

I see Dr Sally Ennis at UniHealth at the Medilink Building on the Hospital campus. She only works certain days, but the whole surgery BB's children.

Cheers

Kellie

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Morning girls!

Anna - Hyde Park Medical Centre on Bayswater Rd BB children under 16. There number is 47726222. They are pretty good. I always take my girl there.

Tanya - Glad to see your back and healthy hun. Must have been a terrible time. Yeh I am not into the Nursing either thats why I went for the Mid. Its a shame I have to move to Brisbane to do it but I'm not going to put my dreams on hold any longer. I have heard through the grapevine that JCU might be bringing in Direct Entry Mid in a couple of years time...but it could be just gossip. You'll get there one day hun if its really what you want.

Kahlea - Its funny how we keep almost "running" into each other isn't it! The place we looked was on Ninth Ave which is on the otherside of the rd. But it was on the same day! So we nearly ran into each other!!! I called about a house over at Margate thismorning and the real estate is going to let us apply for it without viewing it! So happy about that. Its $355pw but we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it on the net. I would have liked to have viewed it first to make sure the pics on the net match what it looks like now but I am desperate to have something to move into when we get down there that I am not really bothered. I'll try and keep in touch with you on here and we'll have to arrange a meet up when we get down there.

Well girls we are leaving on the 9th or 10th of Feb. I want to get down there asap to get settled in before I start uni on the 16th. The girls start FDC on the 13th aswell.

I am so excited about starting the course.

So are there any meets coming up? I really want to catch up with you girls before we go!

Jan 2009
    Adelaide Hills

I have heard through the grapevine that JCU might be bringing in Direct Entry Mid in a couple of years time...but it could be just gossip
    I'm pretty sure they're working on a Nursing/Mid double degree. They were hoping to have it endorsed for 2010, but not sure if they will make that deadline. I thought about waiting too, but couldn't bear the thought of continuing with nursing when all I want to be is a Mid.

Sara - Who did you complete your Doula certification through? I completed mine through Optimum Birth and found them to be great.

Cheers

Kellie

Jul 2008
    Tvll

Hiya Ladies how are we all going..
    Yes im very happy to be home and healthy again and missed my kids terribly plus hospitals are quiet depressing places.
    I also heard JCU is trying to bring in direct entry into midwifery, but atm im going to concentrate on photography , and im so peved because last year i put my name down at Tafe for a short course in photography and they rang twice while i was in hospital to say they had a spot for me but we missed the calls, so now i have to wait till June ..

Also Russell went and sore a lawyer yesterday don't really want to go into details atm as Im a bit ****ed off about it, but now i have to wait and see what happens!

On a good note im now officialy on the market lmao and ready to start meeting people, i went out last night and meet a guy id been chatting too for ages, he was really nice (a lil older then me) but he currently lives in Mackay so not sure if or when ill see him again, altho id be quiet happy as friends!

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Kellie - I completed my studies through CBI. I did start with OB but when I started with Birth Buddies they prefered that I had a least done the Communication Mod through CBI. So I changed over to CBI and found that they were a lot more in depth. But that was my experience of it.

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Sara, if you are free this arvo come to lollipops. I am aiming for 1 but waiting for the mechanic to finish roadworthying my old car then I have to register it and have a customer popping in to pick up some nappies, so I might be a bit late.

Jan 2009
    Townsville

Post New, but not new...

Hi!

It's nice to meet you all.

I am a mum of two and have been living in townsville for almost a year and a half now... I have just found this forum and thought and hope it may be a nice please to meet some new people.

My children are almost 3 (girl : Dakota) and almost 5 (boy: Brayden) Neither go to school or daycare as they are both born in July.

Not exactly wuiet sure how all this works, but look forward to working it all out eventually.

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Hi Kirreia, Welcome to BB!! Have a quick look at the FAQ's and the forum rules and you should be fine

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Hi girls!

Sorry I missed you post Ali!

I have been flat out packing and stuff.

Has any plans been made for this week?

If not, how is Wednesday for everyone?

Oh and Welcome K!!! I'm not going to be a Townsville Mum for much longer but I will be back....

Dec 2005

Im free for wednesday somewhere provided we arent all flooded in

Jan 2009
    Adelaide Hills

I'd be happy to offer up my home (Annandale) for a get together....

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Wednesday is fine for me too.

Jan 2009
    Townsville

Thank you for being so warmand inviting. I think I will be just fine.

My DH and I are considering our third and well, i need to meet more people before that happens... Are you all stay at home mums?

How unreal is this weather. Reminds m of the Blue mountains where I was brought up, didn't think I would feel like that up here, that's for sure. The ground is so yukky though. My backyard is a sludge fest. The kids love it if they manage to get past me out there which has unfortunately happened once or twice... Little rascals. They don't like beig cooped up - outdoor kids. Very active

Dec 2005

So our big bad cyclone petered out lol Dh was disappointed he didnt get a day off work hehe

Kirreia, Im a SAHM atleast for another year or so then I'll hopefully be at Uni (heh I say that now but with 3 under 2.5, miiiiiiiiight not happen that soon). I live out at Bushland Beach.

Kellie, its nice of you to offer up your house for the meet. Are you brave enough to have a ton of toddlers destroying it though

12345 ...