Thread: Is this a good deal??? Need your advice

Default Is this a good deal??? Need your advice

Hi ladies, i need your advice. I really want to use mcn's with this bub (boy number 3) as i really regretted not using them with his older brothers. I am due in 5 weeks so still have time to decide which nappied to use but i have been reading and researching like a mad woman and i think i have narrowed it down to OSFM pocket nappies. I think the pockets are best for the climate where i live as its coastal, humid and we get rain for days at a time and i've heard the pockets dry quicker than the AIO's. So anyway i have heard the OSFM bamboo baby beehinds are great and i have stumbled across a huge lot for sale (second hand) There are 35 nappies, plus 12 PUL covers and 8 wool covers AND inserts for $350 so it seems like an awesome deal! I am soooooo close to buying them but i know that the smart thing to do would be to wait until bub arrives, buy a few different sorts and try them out but its such a great deal i dont want to miss it either!!! What do you think??? Thanks in advance

The BBH are fitteds not pockets though... they are good workhorse nappies and yes thats a great deal but if drying is an issue for you they may not be the best buy. Bamboo is great but takes a long time to dry...

its a good deal...just freaks me buying 2nd hand nappies...

try bambootys (sp)

they are pockets....ny friend uses them, and she isin cairns and they dry quickly!

BBH bamboo are a great workhorse nappy for most bubs but as amber said - not pockets - but a similar theory as you can detach the inserts for washing and drying.
    It is a great deal but 35 is a large number to but untested - I suppose that you could sell them on - or sell half or something.
    We have 12 or maybe 15 bbh bamboos and they are great - dd has just grown out of them at 15kg but they were stupidly big for her when she was a newborn and she wasn't tiny.
    The other thing to check is the covers are sized so it would be good if there were a few if each size in the pack

Sorry ladies i just got around to reading your replies! Thanks for the great advice- i decided not to get the nappies, 35 was just too many considering i might find they are not suitable for my bub.
    Elmomumma i have heard Bambooty are good so i might give them a try, thanks
    I have 2 1/2 weeks till bubby gets here and man i'm so tired, the kids are at school/preschool today so i was able to get some me time in and have a nap yay!
    I think i'll buy some mcn's once bub actually gets here, i guess i wont know what suits him until i can actually try them out- I'm considering getting some china cheapies just to start with- so i can get the hang of it without spending too much money. I like the ones with the water proof outer- seems to make more sense than having to use a PUL cover as well but then i guess the drying issue is there- hmmm there are just so many to chose from!!! How did you all start your collection? Did you just buy a few of each different brand? I dont want to spend a lot of money (we're so broke atm ) but i know using mcn's will cost us less in the long run.

Keep an eye on your local gumtree, you might find people getting rid of ones that did not suit them or stashes being sold on, i sold some on gumtree not so long ago and had people ripping my arm off.