Thread: Good quality pocket with snap closure

Default Good quality pocket with snap closure

Hi all,

Just wanted some feedback on your most durable pocket nappy. I am hoping there will be some long time cloth users around. I am looking for a workhouse pocket nappy with snap closure (always forget to do the washing tabs on aplix!).

Please reply ASAP, as I have been trying to make a decision for 6 weeks and DH has set a deadline for new nappies - this Friday!

ummmm oooh that's hard.

I really like my ecobubs pockets, but not everyone likes them. I also don't mind peapods but they have a terrible rep.
    I have used pocket change nappies and found them great, but not sure if they're still around. I have a Bonnibums night nappy and haven't tried the days ones but they're pUL with snaps and I LOVE the NN so I reckon the days would be great too.
    Really like the swaddlebees side snappers when they fit DS - but you have to buy a separate insert.
    Briggy's girl also put me onto a brand called Bum Cheeks which I can't wait to try once we move...but obviously you'll have to wait for that review.

Some I haven't tried but know of include
    Blueberry
    Baby Kangas
    BBH multifit magicalls (I only have a petite AI2 and I hate it)
    THirsty's duo

Have you thought about perhaps an AI2? They still dry quick and can be put together ready for clueless DHs.
    Ittibitti (I don't actually like them but many many do)
    Bundles of Buns
    Iishflys
    Berry Plush Minkys

I can vouch for ecobubs. I only have one, but I like them.
    I have a BBH magic-all & the only problem I have with it is the fit on DS. Its a good nappy otherwise & has sewn in microfibre which I think is a bonus.
    Umm...the only other snap pockets I have are cheapo chinese things I got off ebay. They were the first I got & the most used so far, & all the elastic etc is still perfect. I only paid about $10 each for them, but I won't recommend them simply coz even though they are ok for us, they have no reputation & might not be ok for anyone else at all.

Sugarshots! but they are hard to get hold of. Definitely my #1 choice though.

Ecobubs are good, I recommend them too. Bumgenius have a snap version out. Um, so do happy heiny from what I recall.

I'd be tempted to go for something like an A12 as well, cos the outers dry so quickly and inserts can be chucked in the dryer if need be.

Oh so much googling to do! ARGH!

Mel - any suggestions for an AI2 nappy? One with a PUL outer if possible?

Thanks to Kim I've checked out:
    Ittibitti - not a fan of minky, plus worried that they might be too low rise for my tall DS
    Bundles of Buns - on mat leave at present
    Iishflys - minky!
    Berry Plush Minkys - minky! (I need to get over my minky phobia)

Any thoughts on the Booroi system? It's basically a cover with a bit to put in a folded booster (thinking out loud here: I could get some bamboo terry and make my own tri folds - would be cheaper).

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm feeling like I'm making progress.

Swaddlebees are a pocket and I love the ones i have. Snaps too and no minky. Greenkids are a pocket but not sure on snaps? Issy Bear???

A PUL outer? Hmm,... I don't really do PUL to be honest, I'm more of a minky fan. My stash is mainly DM's and WW, which are minky - I do have a few cotton outer WW's though, so you could try them? They are very generous in their sizings.

Oh, and don't be put off by the IB's being low in the rise for tall kids - my kids have fit fine in them (until they hit the large size because then we hit a wing droop problem) but the rise was always fine for my kids, and you know they are all tall. They aren't the most super absorbent though, so thats why we don't use them anymore, but in terms of fit for tall kids -we never had a problem.

Swaddlebees are a good pocket - pul outer as well - but I HATED stuffing them, tbh, they were a PITA because they are so trim its hard to get my fat hand in there.. LOL

What about cushie tushies as a AIO/AI2. They are minkee, but are similar shape to IB's with a higher rise & more absorbant.
    They have one snap in & one lay in booster. Do they come with PUL outters? I can't remember.... I have to say they are my favourite nappies so far
    Its been a long time since I searched nappy sites, lol, might have to have a look around myself.

i have pea pods and bbh magic all multi fit and i have to say the bbh is the better pocket one here. both have snaps on them

as for aio - i have 2 cushie tushies and try and avoid using them as they are a poor fit for DS and i find that i have to use both the snap in insert and lay in booster all the time otherwise it leaks within an hour.

I hate my CTs, but Iishflys do do cord and cotton as well, not just minky.

l have BBH Magicalls (smooth PUL & minky)...& I LOVE them. I use them on my 10 month old and 2 year old, day & night ( I just add another insert/even a folded flannel too "boost" at night) and rarely if ever get leaks, no nappy rash, they wash up really well too. I also not a fan of CT. I have Iishfly and love the designs but wouldn't say they are as reliable as BBH, especially for nights, but fine for short-term during the day.

Little Britches do a PUL and Minky Version in a Pocket. I have some now for use with first bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolpigs View Post
    Little Britches do a PUL and Minky Version in a Pocket. I have some now for use with first bub.
    They are a quality pocket. I quite like them. I'd also have suggested the Bonnibuns pockets if I read this before your deadline. Boo.

What did you end up getting?

I got some cuddlebots at a great price! I use them with my homemade hemp and microfibre prefolds. The microfibre inserts they came with were pretty fluffy/bulky. I like them, I'm not sure they are going to last forever, but we'll see how we go. Fits will on DS2.

I ended up getting a full time stash of Little Britches Pockets, No other brand I got for bubs stood up to her massive wetting