Thread: Green kids

Default Green kids

Hey there,

Has anyone tried Green Kids nappies? There are on sale at Nurture Nappies. How are they in terms of leak, trimness & do they have snaps to adjust the rise?

Thanks

GK formed the bulk of my stash I loved them! They can be a bit bulky between the legs but that didn't worry me, no snaps they fold down and we never had leaks. DS is a pretty big night wetter and we would use a bamboo insert with a microfiber booster with no hassles. Worth getting some to trial IMO. I never used fitteds and covers though and loved the convenience of pockets.

GK also form bulk of my stash - I like them, bulky on little ones but good performers in my opinion - and two years on still going strong. Personally I don't like the hemp inserts (they go too stiff and crinkly after washing) and prefer the bamboo.

I Started with GK and love them must agree with the bamboo inserts

i've got 3 and they are my spares. I got mine second hand so not sure if they are an old design. Not trim and they are too big for littlies (but i don't really like any osfm on little kids). But for $12 they are worth getting a few to try out. i still use mine, they are just not my favs.

I am currently waiting for my new stash of GK's to arrive from Nurture Nappies. I use them as night nappies and I love them. By day I am a itti bitti fan, alot trimmer.
    I found GK's to leak in the earlier days (around the inner leg) but now the girls are a bit bigger they are great.

I have a few I got 2nd hand and they were great with my DS. Didn't start using them till he was over 12 months though. The wider-crotch pockets suited him as he's relatively slim. My DD needs trimmer ones like IBs

I had heaps when I first started out (3 years ago) and I sold them all because they are sooo wide in the crotch that even DS got camel toe

Plus they are lined with suedecloth and my kids have issues with that

I'm a huge fan, they've just always proved really reliable for us. They're not trim on the younger ones though - you can fold the front down, but the crotch is rather wide. Not wider than a terry flat maybe though? Dunno.

Why not get one and try it, and you can get more if you like them? From memory, NN aren't too sluggish with shipping? Plus - they seem really decently priced even when not on sale (compared to other pockets anyway!).

I love them. They're a brilliant travel nappy - we took a couple on our 16 day camping epic and they were the best! You can stuff them with anything - prefolds, folded terry flat (great if you go on holiday and forget your snappis ) hand towel, daddy's undies (oh yes, it happened. We were desperate) They are velcro, so dad proof, and the fit works on our little love.

I wouldn't have a whole stash full, but I definitely like having them.

mmm...I think I will give them a miss for the moment. I really like the snaps on the rise of nappies as I find it hard to fold tops down, particularly with my wriggle pot. When he is a bit bigger I might look into the GK as they seem to have a good reputation by your posts.

I used GK most of the time for DS1 and loved them. They did leak in the early days, but were fine once he was bigger (maybe 4 months+). But, I have actually been pretty disappointed with how they have worn. I had to replace all the leg elastics to use them for DS1 & the PUL faded along the top of the nappies. The past few weeks, I have noticed that the waistband elastic is wearing out too - so they are not staying up very well anymore!