Thread: Inserts versus boosters - what's the difference?

Default Inserts versus boosters - what's the difference?

Hi all,

DD is finally ready to move from her fitted and prefolds into pocket nappy territory. I've bought several different pockets to see which I like best and intend to use my bamboo prefolds to stuff them but looking to get some extra "stuffing" but am confused as to what to buy, ie insert or booster? As I have no idea what the difference is I'm a little stuck I would appreciate any explanations.

Also if someone could clear up for me which is more absorbant hemp, bamboo or microfibre I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Vo

An insert is what would be the majority of the stuffing. A booster, is just that, an absorption booster for overnights or sleeps etc.
    I never used prefolds so i dont know how absorbant they are. You could buy inserts and then use your prefolds as boosters or you could buy boosters and use your prefolds as 'inserts'!!!

Hopefully someone more concise can help you

gah just lost my reply.
    Did your nappies not come with inserts?
    Depends which site you buy from. Sometimes they are used interchangeablely, other sites the insert is larger and the booster is just that only used for boosting the inserts.
    Bamboo is the best.
    Have you tried them with your prefolds to see how they go? They should be fine.
    Otherwise it goes bamboo, hemp them microfibre. Microfibre is the cheapest and lightest but is prone to compression leaks so not great for long hauls.
    HTH.

Thanks for that, my prefolds fit so I will use them. My pocket did come with inserts but I think they are microfibre and they feel horrible so will probably stick with the bamboo.

yep they do feel a bit yuck. I find them good when placed on top of the prefolds though. Absorbs a bit more.