Thread: What laundry detergent is best?

Default What laundry detergent is best?

Hi ladies!

I have pocket nappies with the PUL outer and bamboo inserts (I have made some terry ones myself as well) and microfleece lined.

What is the best laundry detergent to use for a regular wash?

I have used the dishwash detergent for a strip wash, can I use this all the time?

How do you wash with carb soda and vinegar and can I do this on the PUL or just on the inserts?

thanks!

I don't think you strip wash all the time. At least I've never heard of it. I think you only need to do that if you use too much normal detergent and your nappies start to become waterproof.

I think Rockin' Green is the best laundry powder for nappies. It's great stuff. Google should bring it up and there are SAHM who sell it in Aus if you are out here.

No idea bout the carb soda and vinegar sorry!

Don't use vinegar everywash! Nor should you strip wash every wash.

The best washing powder you can use is none. Try using bi-carb and tea tree oil instead, or if you must use something, EcoStore.
    Rocking Green is good, but they refuse to list the ACTUAL ingredients to their product where they come from and how they are derived, which always makes me wary.

thanks Ladies!

Limespice - how much bicarb do you put in? and do you use the tea tree WITH the bicarb or after in the rinse?
    thanks!

I usually use 1-2 heaped tablespoons, I put 6 drops of oil in the wash and then in the rinse cycle, add 6 drops of oil to your fabric softener dispenser and top it up with water.