Thread: Eye question

Default Eye question

There's something weird about dd3's eyes. There's always been a shadow around the colour on her eyes. I've always noticed it, but never thought much of it.

Today I looked a bit closer & thought the shape was odd. Dd1 has astigmatisms, I've never looked that close at hers though I don't think. I can't make out dd's iris's because her eyes are so dark & I can't get away from a reflection anywhere.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I should be worried? I have no issues with her sight so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Eye question

TBH i have no idea...helpful not i know!

i know it's the big bad, but have you googled it at all?

I have astigmatism but dont have this so i doubt that it is necessarily related.

I have, but nothing is coming up about it being on the outside of her eye colour.

I dunno, maybe it's normal. DD2's look similar, but not as noticeable. I might just be a hypochondriac The only reason I wondered is because it seems to be kind of oval shaped around her eye colour... It's odd. You can't see it very well in the pic. I just wanted to make sure it's nothing to worry about.

I have that too and no physical eye problems. Just checked out Liebling and he doesn't. Weird, his irises are one colour only.

I only wondered because I've heard astigmatisms mean your pupil? Cornea? Something is oval shaped (I know so much considering I have a child with the issue, huh), & the shape around her iris is kinda oval shaped.
    Just something odd about it. Then googled & couldn't see anything at all similar. I don't have dd1 here to compare, so was curious.

It's pretty interesting reading though. There are things seen in the eyes that are linked to different parts of the body. I kinda knew that, but didn't know just how many things can be seen in the eyes.

There is a name for a colour variation on the iris. My partner has blue grey eyes, but has this weird brown blob on one side of his iris near his pupil. I can't remember the name for it. I saw a few posts on the internet the other day of people sharing their cool ones. I'll see if I can find it.
    My kids have something similar, but it's closer to how my eye colouring is. DD has green hazel eyes, with amber/brown colouring surrounding her pupil, and DS has blue grey with brown colouring surrounding his pupil.

I found this: Heterochromia iridum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not sure if it's the same thing, as it's hard to tell from the photo.

I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about... What part of her eye do you see the shadow? Is it the scelra (white part)? If it is pink can indicate infection, yellow indicates liver problems, blue/grey is fine, you are just seeing the vascular structure underneath (blood supply), which is really common in Children.
    A dark ring around your pupil, I was under the impression it was due to caffeine, but I can't find any proof of this atm, I'm still looking (don't know where I got the idea it was from caffeine from either)
    Astigmatism is related to the cornea, aka the lens, which is on top of your pupil...if you look from the side it is the clean dome bit that sicks out the front (itms) the bit you put a contact lens onto. And just an extra tidbit, your cornea is the only part of the human body that does not have a blood supply. It gets oxygen directly from the air

Addit: pmsl, ok I found out the dark rings are called limbal rings, and I got the caffeine idea from my folks. I have really dark rings and apparently asked my parents about them one night, I must have sounded worried about them cause they told me it was from drinking too much caffeine, they only said that cause they were hoping I would then stop drinking coffee cause they were worried I was drinking too much...haha didn't work =p

lol, TT40, it's the blue grey around the outside, in the white, that you mentioned. I was just curious because I've not ever noticed it in any of my other kids, but it's been noticeable in DD for a long time. The lines around most people's iris's are quite sharp, DD's looks kinda blurred.

My kids all have very clear brown eyes. The younger 3 are really dark, like mine, but DD1's are lighter & brighter. All born with blue/grey eyes though. I was reading about indigenous people's brown eyes being related to toxins or something.

TT40, I have the dark ring round my pupil and have been caffeine free for 9 years now, save the odd bite of chocolate! An iridologoist said it was cos my eyes are really orange and green, just the brown is stronger at the edge.

As I don't have orange eyes either (I'm not the Gruffalo!), is there a third idea?

Also, the cornea is dead skin cells, so no blood supply. Just as the skin has living cells a few layers down that replenish your skin constantly, so does the eye. It's called the limbal ring and it prevents the vasularisation of the cornea too (where blood vessels grow over the cornea). The cells in the centre of the cornea take about 2 years to be replaced from the limbal ring. Btw, the sleep in your eyes is the dead cells that slough (pron. sluff) off when you blink and is needed to stop your corneas getting too large! I love eyes, they are fascinating. I was lucky enough to work in eye research for a while (limbal transplants).

Irdologists say its either skin health, or digestive tract. But im not convince that is real science.
    Mine are hazel with a black ring.
    Psychologists also say the darker they are the more attractive people think you are. Gave me an ego boost if nothing else =p

I'm going with option 3 too. Thanks TT40!