Thread: Long lasting car seat for a 3 year old?

Default Long lasting car seat for a 3 year old?

I've just realised, when/if I go back to work, DD will need a new car seat so DH can pick up both kids from daycare.

Currently in my car she's in a SnS Maxi Rider, in DHs car she's in a SnS Convertible AHR. When I go back to work we'll turn around that seat for DS and she'll get a new one. So I'm wondering what you recommend? We really like the Maxi Rider, but will that last her until she doesn't need a car seat anymore? I'm not sure it will but I can't find the booklet because our office looks like a tornado ripped through it.

She'll be three in June, is 90-92cm tall and just over 14kgs. Is there anything that is safe enough for her at this size that will last til she's bigger?

Default Re: Long lasting car seat for a 3 year old?

Must be the day for contemplating car seats!

We currently have a babylove ezy combo. When I was giggling earlier, it said it was good to a certain height and 26kg. Most others that I looked at didn't have a weight range though. DD is tallish and solid built and I'm now wondering if the car seat is going to last or whether we need to update. Again. I'm not one to want her out of a car seat before necessary even if she is bigger than average kids her age. She is still too little!

Haha yes I keep seeing threads that remind me of what I want to post!

When the time comes we'll be taking her to a store to sit in the seats to make sure they're not too big for her, but I'm hoping to find one that will last a long time so we don't have to keep upgrading.

I thought the maxi rider went to age 7?

We bought the kids maxi riders because they will take them all the way through. They convert to a booster seat. We have three maxi riders and one AHR that will be swapped with a maxi rider down the track.

Ah thanks Jaycee and Miss.September! I couldn't for the life of me remember how long it would last, but I guess we bought it because it'll last as long as we need. Might get another of them then