Thread: Planetbox for preschool?

Default Planetbox for preschool?

Does anyone have a Planetbox for their preschooler and what do you think of it?

Default Re: Planetbox for preschool?

Some friends do and we get them a bit more cheaply through a co-op. I don't love them, to be honest, they seem a bit leaky and not that versatile.

I had no idea what one was until I saw this thread the other day and looked them up. I was looking for ideas for a first year at school child. Interesting about the leak thing as that is what I thought when I saw them on the website was I couldn't see how they wouldn't be leaky.

I wanted to see how a more divided container might encourage DD to eat more, as at school she isn't eating much. I ended up with a Sistema Lunch Cube, to see how that went - and I do like the flexibility because is deep enough to put other containers inside so can further divide it.

Planetbox comes with 2(?) leak proof containers, the actual box isn't leak proof.

We have a yumbox & it's great, makes my life so much easier & my girls love it

I had looked at the yumbox but they are out of stock everywhere until March (new design coming out or something).

Yes I saw about the planetbox having leak proof containers but it just seemed like I couldn't work out how it would go with slightly moist stuff in the normal box bit - I couldn't see there was any seal at all.

Yea i'm not really sure either but so many people love them, I might order one for DD1 next year & then she can hand her yumbox down to DD3.

Another one is go green, really nice and deep, quite big & comes with water bottle(small) iceblock & cooler bag.

We've been using the Sistema Lunch Cube too, actually I've bought the whole Sistema range it seems, and so far so good. I also got a smash lunch bag and the cube fits in that perfectly.
    I like that the compartments are deep enough to fit plenty of food and additional containers. My DS's a big eater so we need lots of space.

Thanks everyone... I'm still contemplating this (in true Libra style) LOL does anyone know if a PlanetBox Rover fits inside a Medium Fridge-to-Go? I love the Fridge-to-go as they keep food cold and seeing I already have one of them I'd like to keep using that and put the Rover inside it, or I could use the Medium Fridge to Go ice pack inside the PlanetBox Rover carry Case instead of their ice pack. I'm pretty sure the YumBox would fit inside the Medium Fridge to go but I think it's a little bit small? It looks like it wouldn't fit as much as the Rover PlanetBox?

We have the yumbox & use so young bags.
    We fit a sandwhich cut up, jelly, fruit, dip, biscuits & a special snack.
    We sometimes use a reusable sandwhich bag & use the other compartment for yoghurt etc..

my 6yr sometimes comes home with leftovers but my 7yo doesn't.
    So I'll probably be getting a go green or planet box for her next year.