Thread: Nervous about third child

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default Nervous about third child

A few days ago I found out im pregnant with our third baby. My other two are 6 1/2 and 4. This wasnt planned and im still in shock. I know im lucky etc. But so many things are freaking me out. Some completely selfish. I am studying and was hoping to work next year. How will I cope with 3. Ive just got fit after two, feeling confident in my body. Affording three of everything as they get older. The list goes on. And my husband is so excited. I'm feeling a bit guilty for feeling like this.
    Anyone relate?

Default Re: Nervous about third child

I've taken a little while to come around to being excited with most of my pregnancies. Just my nature, I think. Not that the baby is unwanted at all - just a big mental adjustment to being pregnant again, and going through the whole process again, etc.
    It will be OK. It is a big adjustment, and it does take a little while for your brain to switch tracks and think about a different future, but it will come. Give yourself a little time. Soon you will be thinking about the joy that the new little one will bring, and the fun of picking out baby things again, and watching him/her take their first steps, and learning words and so on.
    As for the fitness - KEEP EXERCISING! There are some great prenatal DVD's available, and there's stuff you can find online too. No need to give that up. You'll have a better pregnancy, easier delivery, and a faster recovery.
    All the best!

Thanks. Need to get my mind and body back on track. So distracted and unmotivated. Focus!

You are still in shock, it was a surprise after all. Don't be too hard on yourself. Everything you are feeling is totally justified! You can do this, it just takes a little while to get your head around it all. As for affording things as they get older, well, you just do what you can! Keep doing what you can to keep yourself healthy and fit, it will make you feel happier! Your older children will love having a younger sibling to dote over and will probably want to help you heaps too. We are always here to chat to anytime!! You are not the only person to feel like this, heaps of us have felt like this! Huge hugs to you

Thanks so much. Its been 6 years since ive really used belly belly so its great to feel like I can still come here for some support. Although I dont know anyone now. :-)