Thread: Restavit for morning sickness

Default Restavit for morning sickness

Has anyone had any experience taking restavit for bad morning sickness? I'm struggling with 24/7 nausea at the moment which I'm finding debilitating. I'm already on 3x 8 mg Zofran wafers per day and 3x maxalon tablets which are keeping the vomiting at bay but doing nothing for the nausea. I've been researching and a lot of people are recommending restavit for nausea. I'm willing to give it a go but I'm worried about how drowsy it's going to make me. I'm at home with DS (14 months) for 12 hours a day whilst DH works and whilst I can't currently do a lot at least I'm still relatively alert for him. We also co-sleep most nights so I'm worried about that aspect as well. But at the same time the thought of being like this for weeks on end is incredibly depressing. If you took restavit did you find it helped and did it make you incredibly drowsy?

Default Re: Restavit for morning sickness

to you. I had extremely bad nausea 24/7 and it was awful so I can sympathize with you there. I asked the pharmacist about Restavit and he said not to take it while pregnant. However I did post something on here at the time and a few ladies said they got the ok to use it and that it was fine.
    Maybe talk to your GP about it. And if all is good try some during the day with someone else around to test it out. Hope it doesn't hang around for long x

I've taken it but knocks me out, so only a night time thing. Try low dose phernergan

All antiemetics / antihistamines / didn't help and/or made me unbearably drowsy.

It was at a point that I was setting an alarm for 4.30am to eat something and doze while sitting up for 30 mins, so I could take the pill and sleep off the worst of the drowsiness from 5.00 to 6.30am, then catch the train from 6.30-7am, but by the time the drowsiness was wearing off (around 9ish) I was feeling nauseous and chucky again. So they weren't actually assisting, ITMS. And every day, the "relief" period reduced, so after a week or so, I was actually being roused out of the drowsy period by the nausea and vomiting returning. Awesome.

But even Maxalon makes me drowsy, so maybe I'm just particularly susceptible ...

One thing that helped when I was pg with DS1 (but not DS2) was Pariet - because apparently a lot of the nausea was due to reflux. Worth looking into?

Either way, I really hope you find something that helps. Having had m/s for 32 weeks with DS1 and 37 weeks (yes, conception to c/s morning) with DS2, I wouldn't wish m/s on anyone.

Thanks for the advice ladies

Peanutter that sounds horrible I really feel for you having to go through all of that it must have been incredibly hard. The thought of being sick till 37 weeks makes me want to cry. I bet you are glad it's well behind you now

I'm seeing my OB on Monday so I'll have a chat with him about what else I can try before I take anything else. I would just kill for even half an hrs break from the nausea at the moment. I thought I had it bad with DS but this is a new kind of hell