thread: Scared to be a mum

Jan 2016

Scared to be a mum

Hello, I'm 8 Wk and I'm so scared that I am doing the wrong thing. I suffer from anxiety as it is ( currently switching from Lovan to Zoloft with my GP says if bit better) and I'm also nauseous. Apart from these worries I fear losing all time to my self when looking after a baby and feeling resentful and annoyed at the kid for this. I am so scared that having all this responsibility will make me more depressed and anxious.
    Does anyone else feel like this?
    A big part of me wanted to fall pregnant and so partner and I never took precautions. He is happy and seems supportive and reckons ill be a great mum but honestly I'm so scared of all the life changes I will go thru.

Can anyone else relate?

Thank you for your thoughts

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2013
    Netherlands

Re: Scared to be a mum

Hugs!
    I think everyone gets scared when pregnant, even when they really wanted it and even if they weren't already dealing with anxiety beforehand. It is a big change and a massive commitment and you really can have no idea how any of it will go. So I think we can all relate.
    I imagine it would be harder for you worrying about how it will go with the health issues you are already facing. It was quite different for me but I have another health problem that is known to interact with pregnancy and breastfeeding but some people improve and some people get much worse and there was no way of knowing which way I would go. So I was also pretty worried about that. Fortunately I turned out to be one of the people whose symptoms improve during pregnancy and breastfeeding so I was very lucky.

It sounds like this is something you want to do. And your partner sounds very supportive.

I reckon (as with many things) you just need to take this one step at a time. Just keep going and doing what you can and seeing how each bit unfolds.

Good luck! You can do it.

Jan 2016

Thank you so much for your reply and support. I will do just that abd take it one day at a time. I saw my psychologist today and she gave me some advice and thinks I should have more chats with my partner to alleviate my concerns about how we will parent and how we can support each other during moments when either one of us feels overwhelmed. I had a small chat with him tonight and we agreed to keep chatting.

Thanks and all the best to you also. Glad your symptoms improved.
    Hugs

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2013
    Netherlands

Sounds good. Good luck!