Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

Serena - was it dark or brown blood; or was it fresh red blood? It's not uncommon to bleed during pregnancy; even during the later stages. Most GPs or caregivers usually encourage you to contact them if the blood is 'new' or a pink/red colour.

I know this sounds weird, but when you had those cramps last night...were you constipated? It's possible you might have been straining, hence the small amount of blood. It's certainly happened to me before and so far, everything is fine here too.

Seriously though, if you're concerned and you do know best; contact your caregiver. The worst they can say is 'there's nothing to be concerned about'.

ssSuavi Guest

Hi all,

a question:

I had transplantation bleeding (light pink spotting for me) on day 11, and then it stopped that same day. on the 14th EARLY morning(after sex that night), I went to use the bathroom and there was nothing...but then hours later (but still in the a.m.) i went to use the bathroom and I noticed redness from the very beginning stream of urine(sorry if its TMI)..RIGHT after you're done urinating...there's a long stream of blood that comes out?
    (note: my first urine test was a couple of weeks ago at the doctors office but it came back negative..my doctor said she thinks i am pregnant though according to symptoms and my stomach and increased weight change...she told me to come back in like 2 weeks to see, since it was most likely too early to detect the hormones--i may need to take a blood test)
    My husband is convinced I'm pregnant..i don't want him to be so sure. lol
    But are you guys wild guesses as to the blood-stream? There were no clots..it was smoothe.

Thirdtime Guest

Default spotting

hi all,

I just had some spotting this moring, lite pink in mucas like fluid. Had a scan and all seems fine....could see the tiny heart beat...(I'm 6 1/2 weeks). I've been told to rest for a few days and then I should be ok.

Hope I am....

Thanks...this forum is great help!

sparkles Guest

Poor you Theresa. You must be so stressed. I've only had a tiny bit of spotting and some pink mucus and it's freaking me out. Hopefully everything will be okay for you as it was last time. Take it easy. This whole pregnancy thing is so worrying... and I guess it doesn't even stop once the bubba is out!

Well I had some brown sludge (Soory TMI) spotting about 6wks then it went away. About nine weeks had pink spotting & cramping, then it was red when I wiped. Went to Dr blood tests good, scan showed no heartbeat. Had a D&C the next day. The back of my mind I still wonder if just maybe Monty was having a snooze but there ws no heartbeat or movement for all of the scan so I know the outcome was the correct one.
    However, everyone is different and if in doubt go to the doctor!
    Nelly

THIS IS WORTH THE READ LADIES - HOPE I CAN HELP ANYONE WHO HAS/IS GOING THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILAR!

Any reassurance I can give through these trying times, as I know what you are going through, but there is hope, it doesn't always end in disaster!

I started discharging at 5 weeks just dark brown spotting till about 8.5 weeks with 2 days of bright red bleeding. I had a scan at 5 weeks and all seemed ok, and then another at 6.5weeks which then suggested I had a small subchorionic bleed. I went for a scan at 11 weeks and bubba was good, hb 167bpm and I was dated 2 days ahead of my dates which was a good sign bubba was growing. I started spotting dark brown again within a couple of hours of the scan on Thursday, bit concerning but it wasn't bad. I took Friday off work to monitor. We had always planned to go to away for the weekend - about 5 1/2 hrs away to visit DP's sister who is 19 weeks pregnant. It has eased on the Friday, so off we went at 6am on Saturday morning. DP's parents were there for the weekend also. At 3am Sunday morning I woke up feeling all wet down there, sometimes I sweat alot during night, and I was inclined to ignore and rollover and go back to sleep, then I felt a gush, I frantically woke DP, he turned on the light and there was red blood everywhere! I was crying, screaming and shaking. I woke the whole house. I went to the toilet and felt something fall out of me, I salvaged it from the bottom of the toilet. It was a clot about the size of my palm with no fetus in it! It was like a piece of liver. I was terrified, as I didn't know whether I had got it all from the toilet or not. Then I started cramping and had tail bone pain. DP's sisters' husband is an ambo, and he raced me to the hospital. He has connections which was great, but they couldn't do a scan until 9am (when the obsterician came in). That was the longest wait, they gave me a sleeping tablet and I still couldn't sleep. I had given up hope as everyone knows red blood (and lots of it - it was almost 10 times heavier than a period), clots and cramps are not a good sign. You could see on the doctor and nurses face they were not convinced all was ok. But sure enough there was bubba still alive and well. Bubba was active, but hb had declined somewhat from 167 on Thursday to 120 on Sunday, which I was worried about, but the doctor wasn't (he said it was still in the normal range). That afternoon he did another scan and hb had increased a little. They kept me over night for observation, the bleeding was subsiding, as was the cramps. Finally went to sleep at 10:30pm Sunday night and then woke at 4am (hard to sleep in those hospitals). I had made an appointment with the gyno for Monday about a month ago and was eager to get back for it. The doctor released me and we made it back for my appointment right on the dot of my apppointment time of 2:20pm after 5 1/2 hours drive. That was such a long drive, and it appeared that the bumpy ride, shook up my discharge again. Anyway the gyno was very happy, he said for me to make it this far with all my discharge throughout the pregnancy was such a good sign. He didn't blame me for being terrified and believed that if I was going to m/c it would have happened on Sunday morning as with all that blood, the baby would have come away with it (normally)! He said at 12 weeks I now have a 95% chance of keeping the baby, and not m/c'ing, and at 16 weeks it becomes 98%. He did a scan and there bubba was, very active, and the doctor said that was such a good sign. He could see nothing but good signs as the fetus and placenta looked healthy. But he ordered me to bed rest for the next couple of weeks as it is now so crucial. He truely believes if I do the right things there would be no reason for bubba to leave. He told me my baby is a little fighter. He did an internal on me and confirmed that my current discharge is old blood and is reasonably confident it was my placenta coming away from the uterus in a section and blood got caught up behind it and clotted. He said I would have done something that day to dislodge it and it needed to be dislodged in order for the placenta to heal. The doctor has given me so much hope, I just have to do the right things now. I am so relieved and can't believe the miracle that has just happened. Even the nurse told me that she didn't think bubbles was still alive as if you don't pass the baby, you normally would loose the fetal hb. DP and I are so exhausted and are glad we did not become a statistic.

Now I can give hope to anyone that has a bleed, as mine was so extreme and here we are! Hope this story gives some of you ladies some reassurance and peace of mind that bleeds are not always bad! I can't explain my happiness!!!!!!!

Oh and also the scan on Thursday dated me at 12 weeks 2 days today, and my dates are 11 weeks 6 days today, and the gyno's dates from scan on Monday is 12 weeks 5 days today. So bubba is really growing well. So that was also such a good indication that bubbles is growing really well!

it is nice to read something so positive! Thank you for sharing. At the moment it is hard to see that there is a flip side to the coin.

Good luck hope all goes well!

Nelly

I am so sorry you are going through this Nelly, and believe me I know where you are coming from, my last pregnancy ended badly, twins, bleeding, heart beat and then lost the heart beat. There is nothing I can say that will make you feel any better. Just believe me when I say if you ever experience bleeding again during your next pregnancy, it is not always for the worst! Positive thoughts go along way. But like I can talk, I really thought I had lost the baby this time too! It is hard and trying times but things do work out for a reason and I am just so lucky this little bubba wants to stick around.

GL with future pregnancies, hope you are healing well!

hi everyone,
    I started to get some brownish discharge a few days ago which has developed into brownish spotting over the past 28 hours. I am starting to get some mild cramps also but they are few and far between. I have not got a ob as i am going public and have my first appointment on the 28th nov and the gp just said to rest for a few days and see but i am starting to worry and wondered if anyone had any ideas on what i should do?

If your worried you can contact the hospital your going to give birth at. They may give you an ultrasound to see how bubby is. I hope it is nothing.

Hope things are better for you flash??? Keep us posted!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on what has been happening with bubbles and I.

Had my nuchal scan on Thursday, and haven't got my results yet, but am happy to advise that bubbles is really well. Couldn't believe it, I was starting to feel all negative again. Bubbles heart beat was 161 bpm and he/she was 7cm long. I am so happy and still can't beleive the miracle we are brewing inside there.

Hopefully the rest of this pregnancy is going to be breeze, I guess I have to be thankful of something, I have never really felt pregnant, other than that feint hpt with the double lines. Had on and off symptons but nothing to really rave about, guess I was lucky I did that hpt otherwise I really wouldn't know I was pregnant. I know understand why people don't know they are pregnant, but I reackon it has to be a giveaway when they get a big belly!!!!

Oh and I am still midly brown discharging, I must be one of those that bleed right throughout my pregnancy, which is a bummer as that was what I was looking forward to most, 9 months of no bleeding!!!!!!!

It's great to hear such positive stories

I have been spotting brown gunk for :evil: the past week or so. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday which should a normally growing little embryo with a rapidly beating heart. Thank goodness!

But then I saw the OB today who told me my results which involved the getsational sac having been pulled away from the uterus a bit which worried me. He said there's not much that can be done except wait and see if it gets worse. Hopefully it doesn't. He did say he has had this happen to quite a few women and it just reattaches or goes no further so I am crossing my fingers.

Kylie

How has it been going Kylie?

Hi Sheree,

Well the spotting stopped after 1.5 weeks of it. Everything seems OK now, but I think I will still worry until I see/hear that little heartbeat again

Kylie

yep know the feeling, but draw off my positive story - things aren't always bad, did realise this until I went through what I did.

Thinking of you.

Sheree

Fee Guest

I just had some spotting about 2 hours ago - light brownish sort of colour - sort of like coloured CM. There was a stain on my underwear and then a bit when I wiped.

I just wiped again now and there was a tiny string with colour in it.

I'm not sure what to think but will probably call my OB's office in the morning. [-o<

How is it going Fee? Hope things are better!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shereejoy
    How is it going Fee? Hope things are better!
    Things are great. Had my first scan last week and bubs is there - so cute!

I still wonder why I spotted. But it was just one bit of spotting and just like CM with some brownish guck in it. I also had a little bit like this after my internal examination which I would expect.

Just waiting for my next scan now - in 3 weeks.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast