Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

That is excellent news Fee, so happy for you, hope all continues to travel well for you.

I had bleeding at 12 weeks with my first baby after a car accident and he is now 17. 2nd baby no bleeding at all! 3rd i had major bleed at 35 weeks and after 1 week in hosp they couldn't work out the cause but healthy baby 4 weeks later... 4th time i had major cramps and bleeding, felt like labour at 12w 3d and passed clots, unfortunately my baby didn't make it. 5th baby same bleeding at 14 weeks, i was freaking out but on the ultra sound he was waving at me! and is now 11mths old. now at 6 weeks with next baby i am getting brown discharge when i go to the toilet. hopefully things will settle. [-o<

Michelle, see not all bleeding is bad, I guess that gives you some hope. Hppe this pregnancy goes well for you also.

Michelle - Good Luck I hope the brown CM doesn`t develop into more. If your at all worried go and see your Dr.

I'm not sure whats going on with me. I had gastro 2 weeks ago, quite severely and ended up dehydrated iin emergency with a ocuple of bags of saline.
    I wasn't worried about bubs at the time, but since then I have had next to no symptoms at all.
    Then last night I started some brown spotting - really light, but there was a bit of cramping with it. Now if I had juts had the cramping I would be fine - but the bleeding has got worse, and now every time I wipe I'm getting red/brown blood.
    I've called my dr - there is nothing she can do at the moment, so I have a referral for a scan tomorrow. I've done a pg test, and thats still positive (like straight away so...). If the bleeding gets worse and bright red I have to go to the emergency dept at hossy, but I've been told I'm not high priority.
    I know there are happy stories from bleeding in pregnancy, but I dont feel like I am going to be one of them

Fi

I hope your baby is ok. Try to take it easy - there are lots of pregancies with bleeding that work out just fine.

Fiona, I know you are worried and rightly so, but are you 11 weeks ish? If so when I had my bleeding my doc told me that at that stage of nearly 12 weeks I had a 95% chance of keeping the baby and 98% chance at 16 weeks. So there is hope, chin up honey. If I can help please let me know. GL at the scan tomorrow.

Default Bleeding this week.

Hi, this is my first post.

My LMP was 29 November 2005, My period was due on 26th December. I found out I was pregant by a home pregnancy test on 30 December. On Friday 6th January I woke up to lots of dark red blood when I wiped myself, then used a panty liner on Sat and Sunday, some small clots came out too. This morning I woke up and was bleeding heavily again, with large clots coming out. I haven't had any pain.

I went to the docs and had blood test and ultrasound , internal ultrasound also.

This afternoon the results were that my hormone levels were 3,300 and ultrasound as follows:

• Single intrauterine sac which appears to be elongated and rather low position in the region of the cervix
    • There appears to be small foetal pole in an apparent small yok sac. No foetal pole activity is detected. The sac diameter is approx 6.7mm about 5 weeks and 5 days. No foetal heart activity is detected. The decidual reaction appears to be a little thin, the liquor volume appears normal.

• Opinion:
      There is low lying intrauterine gestational sac probably in the region of the cervix. No foetal heart activity is detected. The present appearance is suggestive of a possible impending abortion and clinical corrlation and further follow up would be of interest.

I really don't know what all the above means, I was in a bit of shock when I saw the doctor and nothing sunk in. I had put myself at about 6 weeks the ultrasound shows 5w and 5 days.

I have to go in for another blood test on Thursday to see what is happening to the hormone levels.

What happens if the bleeding stops, does that mean everything will be ok? Does a heartbeat usually show at 5w 5days?

I am ok with the prospect of losing it, I figure it if happens it was meant to be and we will keep trying, (I have 2 healthy children 13 and 11 years old, no pregnancy problems with them).

I am just not sure whether the above means that it is already lost or if there is some chance that it is ok.

I think that amongst the mumbo jumbo the letter is saying that it looks like you might be having a miscarriage but at this stage its hard to tell and you might not so they need to follow it up. AFAIK the heart starts beating during the 6th week and at this stage the baby is so tiny that it can be difficult to see alot on an ultrasound.
    I hope that it all works out OK for you.

Mary, I was told that a foetal hr cannot be detected until 6 weeks but having said that they picked up a slow heart rate with my last pregnancy at 5 weeks 4 days (which I m/c).

Like dachlostar said it is probably too early and they want to monitor. You may or may not m/c but like you I just wanted answers of which they could not give! Understandably so now I look back on it, but you can't understand at the time.

With them monitoring your HCG levels that is going to help and give you some indication what is happening.

It will be such a waiting game I am afraid, but I am hoping you have a good outcome.

TAke care.

Sheree

Default Not Good News

Not good news.
    On Tuesday (day after ultrasound) I had very heavy bleeding (1 super pad every 2 hours) and huge amounts of large clots. Thursdays blood test showed drop in hormone to 400, so looks like i miscarried on Tuesday.

Oh well.. back to the fun of trying again :-)

~Sarah~ Guest

Oh Mary Hon I'm so sorry....good luck for next time! Just think of all the bedroom fun you get to have now trying again

i am so sorry i know exactly how you feel, isnt it a shock to be pregnant and then not be, even if you can rationalise it! all i can think of is why? my levels were 800 and 950 last week and i had another test today cause he wanted to be sure as they were still rising but i know thats not enough... so i am still waiting... i have no bleeding though that would be good i think then i would be sure and not still be trying to work out what is going on! hope you have fun tryng again i hope i wont be far behind you.

I am sooo relieved to have found this thread! I can't believe how many women go through this!!??

Although I am regularly getting BFNs, I "know" I am pg (as I did with my first two). I was six weeks before I had a BFP with my DD (I am 5 weeks now), so I'm pretty sure next week I will get a BFP (let's hope so anyway!).

Yesterday I had really slight pinkish CM and this morning I had really watery pinkish spotting on the TP followed by a charming brown discharge (like old blood). I didn't spot with my last pregnancies, so of course I've been worried.

My mother called this morning to see how I was and told me that she had really heavy bleeding at around 11weeks with my brother and the doc told her she had lost the baby. She "knew" she hadn't lost the baby, and he's now aged 28!

She made me feel better, and hopefully her story will make someone else better!

Not sure whether the fact that this morning on Oprah they had a "Baby Shower Special" is a sign, or someone up there is being really nasty.....??!! :-k

Oh Mary I am so sorry and hope you are recovering well. Take care.

Hi Impatient, hopefully your brown discharge is exactly that old blood and this resolves soon for you so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, take care and thinking of you.

I have read all of these posts trying to grasp on to something positive.
    I am 7wks and 4 days pregnant. I have four healthy happy children but last year I experienced a missed miscarriage at almost 15 weeks and in November I experienced a miscarriage at 5 wks 2 days.
    With the missed miscarriage the baby's death was discovered when a routine doctors visit could not find a heart beat. My baby had died at around 13 weeks.
    The miscarriage in November I had pink tinged mucous when I wiped and overnight mild cramping that felt uncomfortable and by morning the bleeding was brighter and as the day wore on the cramps became stronger.

Last evening when I wiped I had some brown streaks in my cm. There was the tiniest bit of dark red blood. This happened twice. (the dark blood only happened once) morning again I have some very scant streaking in my cm. (all brown) I feel full and bloated like you do when you are getting af, but I have had this on and off throughout this (and my other pregnancies). I have some uncomfortable feelings in my lower back but when I pass wind the feeling goes so I am thinking it is possibly wind (I hope). I had an ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon and the baby was going strong and there was no cause for any alarm. But of course with this happening last night I am afraid and lost. My ob said to come in for another ultrasound at 2pm. I am so afraid of feeling the grief of miscarriage again. If this much loved and wanted baby dies it will be my 3rd consecutive miscarriage after 4 uneventful prgnancies. I am 38 but surely there are so many women having babies at my age that this alone couldn't be causing my losses?
    Thanks for listening.
    I hope I have good news later in the day but I am not feeling hopeful...
    Love Deb

Oh Deb, I hope everything is OK.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had intermittant spotting (both brown and red) for about a week and a half at about week 6. The good news is, after that stopped I have had nothing since and everything with bubs is still fine. I am almost up to weeks 16 now! Speaking to my mum recently I found out that she continued to bleed for her whole pregnancy with my brother (who was fine).

So it does not always mean the worst. Take care and let us know how you go

Oh Deb - to you, this baby`s got to be a sticker after all you`ve been through, I really wouldn`t think your age would have anything to do with it at all, there are plenty pregnant MUm`s out there in their 40`s.

You know all about my story so hang on to that hope that it is possible to still have a sticky baby in there even with bleeding.

Take Care and I`ll be thinking about you at 2pm and please come and let us know how you got on.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast