Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Treat a Vaginal Infection with a Clove of Garlic

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
    However, probiotics also warrant a mention here - as their primary role is to defend the body against infectious agents (ie Group B Strep) and a course of high potency probiotics from your health food store can wipe out or prevent GBS or thrush infections quite easily.
    can i just ask, what sort of probiotics...do you mean something like 'inner health plus' or similar?

Also, it sounds like a good way to prepare for birth...how far in advance of giving birth would be a good time to start on a course of probiotics?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Just wondering - would garlic also be helpful for use in a solution for fungal nappy rash do you think??
    Hmm, this one interests me too. Actually I wonder if it would help with all types of skin fungal infections? Maybe try making a paste of fresh crushed garlic mixed with a little olive oil and apply topically and see what happens?

Can someone re post this in about 2 years when I'm ready to have bubs #3 I've had GBS twice now, and it will be hard enough having a bubs over 30 and being treated like a lepper for that, let alone having strep as well.

Ah the uncertainty of when you will be allowed out of hospital because of it, and peads being too interested in that to notice your bub has displaced hips!!!!

Is this safe todo during pregnancy? I'm assuming it is, but just want to make sure. This is my 2nd bout of thrush in 2 mths i dont wanna suffer right through my pregnancy

Just to update: for itchiness on the outside of your vag, try using a clove of garlic cut in half. Ive had instant relief! Sure beats spending a fortune on creams too!

From SE Xperia x10a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12