Thread: Please help! Who goes in what room?

Default Please help! Who goes in what room?

Okay, so this may seem like an easy solution......

We have a 4 bedroom house and 3 kids, soon to be 4. DH & I in 1, DS in another. The other two rooms are for DSS & DSD (we have them every second weekend and half school holidays). DSD's bedroom is larger so I'm turning that into my nursery - it has the cot, a comfy feeding chair, change table and single bed. DS's room is also quite large, but as he's going into yr 10 next year, we are buying him a desk for his room and I want him to have his own space. DSS also has his own room, but not as large.

Any ideas on where to put the kids? I didn't particularly want DSD sleeping in the nursery, aside from night-time feeds, I don't want the baby woken up unnecessarily or, for that matter, DSD complaining to her mum that she doesn't get any sleep.

The kids are: DS 14, DSS 14, DSD 11

I would put the two boys together. By your signature they seem to be the same age...
    I think girls need a separate room from boys as does the baby.

If you buy a set of bunk beds, let your DS have choice of which he prefers as he sleeps in it all the time and your DSS only has to sleep on the other occassionally....
    Or two singles and one desk, i'm presuming your DSS won't really have too much study to do at your house, and if so there is no reason why they cannot share if the desk is big enough.
    Last edited by Kirley64; September 21st, 2009 at 01:13 PM.

Maybe have both boys in the bigger room with bunks or a trundle bed, DSD in smallest room and Bub in the other.

Or DSD and DSS share a room - that is what we do here - all three share the biggest room.

Im with the other ladies, id have the two boys share goodluck

I would also put the 2 older boys together..

Or can the brother and sister share for the time they are with you? Do the 2 boys get along well enough to be able to share the same space?

I was thinking of having both big boys in a room together in single beds, I think they might be a bit old for bunks. Then I would put DSD in a seperate room, but put the desk in there, that way there is enough space in all the rooms, I don't think two beds & a desk would be comfortable for the boys.

If your DS doesn't mind, I would have DSS bunking in his room too. Otherwise DSS and DSD can share a room. I hope they all get along...I guess that's the big consideration!

Thanks for the advice ladies. I have a few more months to go, so hopefully can come up with a solution happy to all.

I'd also suggest just asking the kids, they are all old enough to have some good problem solving skills and will probably feel better if they feel that they've had a choice.

Good Luck