Thread: Pregnancy pillow suggestions???

Default Pregnancy pillow suggestions???

I am already uncomfortable at night and sometimes I need one pillow between my knees and the other ford my torso to rest on (like cuddling a teddy!). I cuddle up to a pillow even when I am not pregnant, but the tossing and turning at night is disturbing my sleep even more.

So I'm looking for advice and suggestions for good pregnancy pillows - at this stage cost doesn't really matter - I just want a good one. I have used an expensive shaped pillow for my neck since I was a teenager, so it can't sleep with my head on anything to soft - but I obviously can't cuddle and mould myself to something firm.... So.... Hit me with your recommendations....

Default Re: Pregnancy pillow suggestions???

One of those long body pillows! They are the BEST! Lol
    I got mine the other day from big W

Yeah my SIL swore by her long body pillow.

Personally I didn't like having anything between my knees so I went for a kidney-shaped tummy pillow, I loved it. It was a wedge - thin on the edge that I shoved under the belly, getting wider around the curve of my tummy. If that makes sense.

I also bought a long body pillow from Big W too - loved it, it was perfect and easy to manipulate into the shape/position I fancied at any given time, in fact I still curl up with it (haven't been preggers for 18 months LOL)

I was in love with my long body pillow too! I used it for both pregnancies and we even kept it on our bed inbetween bubs as a bolster pillow lol.

Yep, just the long rectangular body pillow here too. Still using it now. I have one of the more expensive moulded pillows for my head too....took it to hospital with me as their pillows were less than comfy.

I used a long body pillow from Target but also a V pillow too. I found on the nights I was restless, the body pillow wasn't good because it just took so much effort to roll over with it and get comfortable again. The v pillow I could have between my knees and tucked under my belly and could move around with less fuss.

I was thinking the long body pillow - I knew you guys would give me good advice! Nice to know that target or big w versions are perfectly fine!!

I've got a belly bean from a friend. It's "technically" designed to have one round pillow on each side of your body so u don't have to roll with it, you roll in between the pillows if that makes sense?

I however don't use it that way, I have one of the pillows under my belly and the other between my knees. It is very easy to manouvre during the night tho compared to two individual pillows.

You can pick them up new online or second hand on eBay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorsMum View Post
    I've got a belly bean from a friend. It's "technically" designed to have one round pillow on each side of your body so u don't have to roll with it, you roll in between the pillows if that makes sense?

I however don't use it that way, I have one of the pillows under my belly and the other between my knees. It is very easy to manouvre during the night tho compared to two individual pillows.

You can pick them up new online or second hand on eBay etc.
    This is what I want next time round

So it's not necessary to get a specific pregnancy pillow? How much are the Big W body pillows?

I think the big w one was $30 or something when I bought it. But I can't seem to find the same one online. Mine is purple with a soft velour type pillow case. The White ones on the big w website are $89. Still much better than the others around.

I do have a "proper" pregnancy and breastfeeding pillow from target. Was crap for pregnancy but has been much better than I expected for brastfeeding.

I wouldn't bother with anything else but the big w one personally. It was perfect for me.

Target has 2 - 1 is half as long and not as wide as the other. I definitely found the longer one heaps better. Our baby is 1 and it's still in our bed. DH and I argue about who will sleep wrapped around the pillow each night!
    I believe it's usually $50, but they have manchester sales all the time so you can normally get it for less than that.

I loooove my body pillow. I have always been a quilt hugger and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore Pregnancy pillow suggestions??? I brought mine from pillow talk. They had s choice of soft and firm. I went for the firm one, which is soft on the outside and has a firm centre. I also got a cover for it and I think it cost $30-$40.
    The only thing is I do toss and turn a bit and it does get a little annoying manoeuvring it around as I'm a shorty