Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rh Negitive

Default Rh Negitive

My blood group is 'O Rh Negitive'. Just wondering if anyone else is Rh Negitive and if they've had to have that special needle in the first pregnancy incase the baby is Rh positive? If so, how many times did you have to have it, if at all? and if anyone knows the name of it as i've forgotten.

Do you mean the anti D injection Tegan ??

Love :smt049

Tegan if you do mean the anti D my answer is yes. I had it with each of my pregancies and m/c's and I'm sure I'll get it again. Usually you get it after you have given birth or after any spotting during pregnancy.

Orkids Guest

I'm O negative too - an although the procedures seem to vary, its generally accepted that you have the injections at 28 & 34 weeks (I think thats right) as well as after the baby is born. We actually talked about this last night in antinatal classes, and I was the only one in the class of 8 or so pregnant woman who was rhesus negative.

Yes i did mean the anti D. So do you have it just as a precaution or what? Coz i am not sure whether my DP is Rh Negitive or positive. I don't want to end up getting it if i don't actually have to coz im terrified of needles!

Orkids Guest

It doesnt matter what your partner is, apparantly they can never be sure that your partner is the Dad. Its a precautionary thing. If you were to develop the antibodies it can endanger babies you carry in further pregnancies, so its just something you have to have. Stock up on choccy and other comfort foods!

I am Rh positive so I didn't need the injection but my SIL is negative and she had to have it every pregnancy. It's just one of those things you will have to have, but believe me, after giving birth having the needle will seem minor, and you will be too distracted with your beautiful bub to worry about it!

Bon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast