Thread: Clexane and pregnancy- is an induction always neccessary?

Default Clexane and pregnancy- is an induction always neccessary?

Hoping that some LTTTCers can share their experience.

Obviously I will be discussing this with my Obs, but I know she doesn't have heaps of experience with people on clexane and the colleague she will confer with always induces his patients a few days after ceasing clexane around 38 wks.
    I REALLY want to avoid induction if possible ( although ask me again when I am big and fat in summer), firstly because I see IOLs every day at work and know the problems associated, and secondly, because 38wks for me is smack bang in the middle of christmas

Wondering if anyone who was on clexane managed to avoid induction or is it inevitable???
    (I'm on it for recurrent m/c and anticardiolipin antibodies, my FS was a bit vague when I asked him how long to stay on it and said until around 36wks)

(mods- didn't know quite where to put this but figured most clexane users are lttcers, so feel free to move to a more approriate place if neccessary)

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Subbing I need to know this too I have the same antibodies and also on clexane. My ob seems vague on this too.
    Saffy ahhh a little Christmas baby x

its inevitable that I will have my baby xmas or NYE- arrggghh, the poor kid! Should have planned this ivf thing a bit better lol.

Lol I would like to be born on NYE you could party every year! If only we were lucky enough to plan these things!!

Hi loverlies,
    I have been on clexane 20mg for both of my pregnancies, 1st twin pregnancy with scheduled CS at 37 weeks due to both twins being breech and I also had obstetric cholestasis. I was on clexane to 36 weeks. For my 2nd I had a VBAC at 41 weeks, stayed on clexane to 40 weeks, my OB was pretty happy with that, and given clexane has a shelf life of I think only 24 hours he was happy to manage that if I had to have an emergency CS again, which thank God I didn't, and I think they can give you something to reverse the effect of the clexane if you have to have a CS.

Maybe do some research before you see your FS again. Remember no one can dictate what type of birth you have to have, and depending on your circumstances just because you are on clexane or LTTTC doesn't have anything to do with induction. For me just having membranes broken doubled the intensity of the pain of the contractions and I would avoid again if I could.

Wishing you both the best xx

BD thank you for sharing! Good to know I am not sure what ob will want to do and at this stage we are just going along.
    As my tummy is getting tighter it's harder to grab a fat roll, I am worried I will stab bubs with the needle am I crazy?? Lol

Hi ladies

Have protein c deficiency which affects clotting with an increased chance of DVT and was on 40mg/day clexane the entire first preg from 2 months before cycle/transfer (fresh IVF transfer) up to 6 weeks after birth. Went into labour spontaneously at 36 weeks. Had jabbed that morning so was only going to effect what pain relief was available to me. If c-sec was on the cards though would probably affect the operation. This time around started clexane 40mg/day the day of transfer (FET) and expect to take it for the entire preg as well.

I started jabs in the belly but as the belly gets bigger and harder, I tend to jab on the back of my hip/top of bum area where there is a bit more "room" let's say!