View Poll Results: On which IVF/FET/IUI cycle did you get your BFP?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • On my first cycle

16 24.24%
  • 2nd cycle

12 18.18%
  • 3rd cycle

8 12.12%
  • 4th cycle

11 16.67%
  • 5th cycle

6 9.09%
  • 6th cycle

3 4.55%
  • 7th cycle

4 6.06%
  • 8th cycle

2 3.03%
  • 9th cycle

1 1.52%
  • 10th or more cycle

3 4.55%

Thread: On which IVF/FET/IUI cycle did you get your BFP?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default On which IVF/FET/IUI cycle did you get your BFP?

This question comes up often and I wondered if we could poll our members to see the variations in answers to this question: how many AC cycles did you undergo before you fell pregnant?

Please vote for the cycle when you got your first BFP, not necessarily the cycle where you had your child.

Went with first cycle... although I sometimes think it should be second. Does the stim cycle where I got OHSS and couldn't transfer count?

If I could have also gone for second, third, and fifth transfers I would have, as that's how long it took for us to actually get a baby.

BW

We were very lucky to get a BFP on our first cycle (stim) and now have our beautiful son.

i went with fourth as it was our fourth IUI that got us our first BFP (however short lived)

we also got BFP's on 8th, 9th and 10th before we got a sticky gremlin

I voted 5th as it was our 5th embie transfer but I guess technically it was from our 4th stimulated cycle.

It was also our first cycle back from a 7year break of ivf.

barney Guest

ours was the 3rd cycle but 2nd fet with embies from the 3rd cycle
    (hope that makes sence lol )

I got pg with our DS on my fourth IUI cycle.
    Last edited by Honeybee; March 6th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.

OK, so I went with 5th, as we had 5 transfers to get our bubs. We actually had 6 trys, but one try no embryos surviced the thaw & we had 3 actual cycles of collecting the eggs.

I cant actually vote, mine doesnt fit anywhere . We got our BFP naturally (sorry I hate that word) after giving up fertility treatment. We spent 5 years TTC and it was after 3 IUI, 3 IVF and 5 FETs that we got that natural 1st BFP and 3 months later we got our little miracle who is now 9 months old

We were so very lucky to have had an amazing response to our first IVF cycle - our beautiful baby girl and we have 7 embryos in the freezer.

Sue xxx

We had 2 unsuccessful IUIs using an unknown donor in 2006. Then we had another unsuccessful IUI with our known donor as well as an unsuccessful IVF cycle. Finally the FS tried an antagonist IVF cycle, and we got our much waited for IVF donor baby son in our 5th cycle of AC.

However, when counting how long it took, we sometimes count from when I first went off the Pill at 27 or more usually when I first saw a FS in 1998 and discovered I had PCOS. So in total, 12 years to finally have our baby boy.

I had 3 full cycles and 1 frozen transfer. Got pregnant on the third full cycle. First cycle resulted in only 1 embryo and BFN, 2nd cycle got 4 embryos - had two transfered fresh BFN and then 2 transfered from frozen a couple of months later - another BFN. Third cycle resulted in 2 embryos. Had both transfered fresh and finally got my BFP.
    I had also done 3 cycles of donor insemination prior to this - all BFN's. And had spent 2 years trying to find a spern donor so all up 4 years from the start of my donor search to my first BFP.

Now 13 weeks pregnant.

Lori