Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after LT TTC #8

lise and RRH we are at the "helping'' mummy stage. which i think is worse cos the hlep really isn't help lol ie mummy folds the washign into the basket, ashton takes all the washing out, carries it around like a trophy and then puts it all back... obviously unfolded!!! We get the mail together, he won't give me the letters without a tantrum tho and i have to resort to the barter system.... But he really likes to help daddy do anything by standing about 20cm from DHs face or project and watching, pointing, chatting and touching

Oh grub we're at the same stage. I'm quite surprised how well he likes to "help" by holding the vacuum and the dish brush etc. Just working on getting his forward & backward motion going

See:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=676751461 - Vacuuming

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=676751461 - Folding washing
    Last edited by BOC; February 16th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

Oh the irony! DS is asleep, the house is spick and span, and DH dropped my laptop this morning and broke it so I still can't do a long post!!

Grub and BOC, very much looking forward to the time when Finn can push the vacuum cleaner around When I worked in childcare the babies loved to help wash windows, vacuum etc. I'm all for child labour

Hope everyone is well. Kel, your belly is seriously impressive. Hope you're taking it as easy as you can!

lol oh lise completely. DH holds bub while using his coffee machine 'splaining how it's done. Ash has 6 months to get it perfect apparently lol.

he's at teh stage where he'll help you pick up his toys... and then pulls them out again when you turn your back DOH!

You girls are a scream. It must be that age as Tara loves being a huge help...NOT... Her favourites are the laundry basket although preferable with no washing in it so she can climb in and play with all the pegs. She also loves going to nanna & grandad's house where they have a long handles sweeper and scoop, yesterday she was walking around the house with both of them saying "shweep". We also do the pick up toys thing as well although I try to make it educational for her as well as being helpful for mummy, I will say "go and pick up the RED ball and put it away" and so on to try and teach her colours at the same time..

lise: Thanks for the kind words about my belly, but I think I've gone past the 'wow I'm big stage' to 'freak where are these boys going to fit' stage. At yesterdays Ob appt I'm measuring to 36 weeks and the boys are weighing in at 1lb 11oz & 1lb 10oz at the scan last Thursday...

OMG Kelly! Where on earth are all your organs going to end up?? I know you've got a date for your c-section already but does your OB think you'll make it that far?

Well kids the Traveling Wilberries are movin again, lets try the round window this time! We are moving to Orange at the end of March. there's no funding for DHs position here after June and we are just hanging around waiting to see if funding gets approved cos of the floods redirecting money and cutting government funded projects. The whole natural resource feral management project is under threat here so we will farewell our lovely home on Kangaroo Island and all the fantastic research opportunities and head to patures new. He's been offered a pretty tasty carrot in Orange. I won't talk too much about it til its official but for now that's where things are with us. Of course now we have to find all the resources for Jasmine's Cochlears and therapy but I have no doubt that we will find whatever we need and not be isolated like we are here. I've loved it here but DH really needs something a bit more secure and it was more like a holiday like living in the Daintree was.

As for that first word I told you about last week, well it quickly turned to MUM mum mumumumumumum by the next day...ohhhhhh it melts our hearts. I thought for a little while that it might be that kind of babble that babies do regardless of whether they can hear (not that Jazzy was ever a babbler), but I have been assured that this is the kind of babble (canonical babble) that your hearing babies do when they are saying their first word at 8 months or whenever it happens. All of which means that all of our therapists are super-excited and this is proof that she is hearing the words the way they sound to us!!!!!!!! Yep, that's super-exciting that her brain is wiring and neurons are firing the way they need to be to learn to speak. Her speech can now be put at a level to compare how far behind she is to her peer group and at 15 months she is like a 6 - 8 month old iykwim? It always makes me so much more excited when I actually put it into words. She is also recognising objects from the sounds I make to represent them, so Ahh for aeroplane, Ooh for train, Shh for fish and so on and she is starting to be able to distinguish when I make the sounds she will hand me the object. We use certain sounds called Ling sounds or learning to listen sounds that are easier to pick up and I've been doing this since she was three months old with no success at all....until now, where I say Mmm and she hands me an icecream, or Ssss and she purses her lips and tries to say it back. She is starting to recognise her name (or names) because more often than not, we call her Possum.

anyway, kindergym this morning, better get the sleeping possum out of bed. Fantastic night sleep and still sleeping, but just starting calling out Mumumumumum. Goosebumps anyone??

Love yas all.xoxo

murph! wondering where the heck you'd gotten to. stalking your child I see!! lol. that is so great about jazzy's speech coming along! she'll be talking better than Ash!!! he says mum-mum, da-da, nan-nan, beebee (for my belly) and something that soulds like monster for the dog (cookie monster). He can say 'allo and ga for ta but that's it! he's 14 months. He does babble a lot (he doesn't shut up!) but apart from those few words, i can't distinguish many words. He also uses mum-mum and ga for things other than mummy and ta and repeats a lot.

It's so cute, when he sings he sings 'da, da, da' in this really soft little voice and when he's concentrating he goes "ssshhhhhsssshhhssssss-zzzzzzhhhhhzz".

mind you this kid ain't no genius, he's currently sucking the window sill while he and the dog eyeball each other from either side of the dining room window.

Isn't it the best noise in the world, listening to them. HE often chats in the car, so we leave the radio off and just giggle amongst ourselves at the little self-chats he has. One thing is for sure tho, I know when i'm in trouble! lol

But he has started doing high fives

Murph - orange ain't that far from Sydney, so i'd imagine all you need is only a 3 hr car trip away!

well our little cyclone peed off with really very little impact on us. so all good, except DH thought he'd scammed the rest of the week off work... talk about having the grumps when the boss called this morning and said work's on! lol.

Ash finally got a clean bill of health from the doc!!! yiipppeee. it's been a long three or so weeks of him being sick So we finally get to go to our first swimming lesson tomorrow morning.... already missed the first 2.

I have been under a rock it seems and nearly missed even hearing about your little cyclone Grub, then as you were writing yesterday the news was showing the cyclone "bearing down" on Darwin and there's Grub banging on about baby antics and malingering husbands and not exactly battoning hatches and all those cliches Kidding.

Hey, that must be great all that babbling from Ash. Yep I'd be turning off the radio to listen to it too, and hearing Kelly's little Jabber Jaws talking in 3 word phrases, I can't imagine Jasmine ever getting to that stage but it's so funny to think of. Her phase at the moment is the everything goes up the leg of my trousers phase, so currently she is at my feet putting as many pens and pencils up the leg of her tracky dacks as possible. she hates me getting on the computer, so I do it so little these days unless I can sneak a peak at my phone or when she is asleep.

It's official, we are leaving in one month! DH got the job at DPI in Orange and now it's action stations getting started on the packing and removal quotes. the best thing about all this moving (as corny as it sounds) is taking all you mob with me. How did you al enjoy Kangaroo Island? Well I hope we're not too cold in Borange, one of DHs uni mates was saying she was freezing her proverbials off and not looking forward to winter. DH thought he was going to get in big trouble with me but damn I missed my chance to milk it, I'm just making sure we get a rental with excellent heating, insulation and cooling (unlike this place where we all froze all winter and couldn't afford firewood....and had to walk around on our hands so we wouldn't wear out the leather in our boots...you know the story Woe is me Yep I'm a dribbler, gotta go rescue my pen filled possum.xoxox

Hey Murph: So good to hear from yon and happy that things are on the up again for the family.. When I read you are moving to Orange my first thought was... you thought KI was cold in winter just wait until you get SNOWED in during a winter in Orange, had to have a little chuckle to myself. That is so mean isn't it and just you wait once Jazzy get used to all the new sounds she will turn into her own little chatterbox, but at the moment it is so funny with Tara as she still gabbles alot amongst those few words and phrases we can understand, and it is hard trying to keep a conversation going with her when one side is in English and the other her own language. I have to laugh at times as she will tell me a long details story and if I respond back with the incorrect response she gets cranky at me because I didn't understand what she was saying..

Anyway I am now down to double digits to me due date - 99 days (although my c/s is 89 days away) and today is my birthday as well. I was reflecting last night that at the age of 38 I never thought I would be carrying twins and have a 16 month old, what was even scarier to think of is that when I'm 40 I'll have an almost 3 1/2 year old and 2 21 month olds to chase after. There is something to be said for having your children young as this old body is getting very weary....

just think kelly, it'll keep you young!!! double digits! i so envy you!

i had to laugh kelly, when ash wakes up he'll tell me a very involved story about something and all I can respond with is "wacky-doo, ay!" or "really!" lol. fortunately he ignores me and just babbling away!

murfff - huge congrats on dh's job!!! LOL ash and i 'made' daddy a valentine's day card... it was his first foray into crayons and talk about love. he sat on my lap and "sschhcchhazzzzhccccssscchhh"-ed to himself for about 15 or 20 mins, drawing a bit but mainly trying to see how many crayons he could hold! too funny.

We had our first swimming lesson this morn. He loved it and has passed out now

I wonder how oour new mumma MadB is doing???

and Saph, you there? how are you ox

RRh teaching that child some cleaning tips yet? lol.

Hi to my other child slavers - lise and boc

Barney! Barney! Barney! where are you???

Hi Melbel - what's happening???

Miss K - you still reading?? what's your little one's name (you don't have to say if you don't wish). hope its all going well.

Janie - thinking bad thoughts of you cos you get a european adventure! lol. jokes, of course

Lenny - where you at lady?

well not much to report here. It's raining. I'm fat and i'm hungry... again. Pasta and milkshakes are my life!

Still here, very busy with work and everything. My MIL went home last night. It was nice having her here, helping out with the kids and the house work but it is still nice to have our house back to ourselves.

Will chat more when I am not running out the door.

OMG it does snow in Orange!!! You just have to google, "does it snow in Orange". DH is as excited as a kid at Christmas (a white winter Christmas he hopes), as he has never seen snow and had no idea until you told me that Kelly. I was a wee bit petrified but now I'm warming to the idea, with lots of very good heating We are leaving here in 3 weeks...gulp. Cant find rentals to save ourselves, so are thinking seriously about buying, even if it's just to add to the rental market when and if we have to move on.

P.S Kelly, Happy belated Birthday greetings!! Hope you were suitably spoilt.

happy birthday kelly!!! what did youdo for the day???

murph - how exciting to buy! good luck house hunting, whichever way you choose to go. It's probably on eof those places that's stinking hot in summer and freeezing in winter (like canberra)

saph - bye bye MIL lol she seemed to be there with you guys for ages! glad she was a good help tho!

we're off to one of our makeup swim lessons this morn! yayay. he loves em. But i've got to decide whether to go to playgroup after as well. we turned up to playgroup yesterday only to be told it wasn't on cos they still hadn't cleaned up the cyclone damage! ggrrrhhh Ash was out of the car and playing in a cubby house, it broke my heart to have to make him leave... i think it broke his too by the screaming and crying We haven't been anywhere or played with any kids since he got sick nealry a month ago! so he's busting his gut to play ... my poor darling.

oxoxox

Thanks for the birthday wishes girl, just had a normal day but DH did take me out for a Thai dinner (while the grandparents had Tara) do that was nice to have some time to sit and eat without chasing after a bored toddler - although we still had dinner at 6pm hehe, see what having kids does to us.

Murph - Glad I could be the bringer of good news on the snow front for your DH. Hope you can find something to move into soon or else you will be camping it for a while. Oh and 3 weeks to pack everything up, I don't envy you on that one, I have moved too many times in the past that I'm hoping to stay put for a while now..

Grub - You are one brave girl getting into bathers, I've already discussed with DH that when Tara starts swimming lessons again in the spring it will be his job to take her as I will be too busy with the babies (plus I don't think my body will be in any fit state to be seen in bathers). Hope you get to playgroup today, I tried to go to the mulitple birth playgroup yesterday but I must have got there too early as knowone was there, so Tara and I went and did some shopping and then had lunch with daddy instead.

I think Tara might be getting her left molars at the moment, she is off her food again and is sleeping so much as well. It could also be a combination of her running around everywhere tiring her out but now even during the day I ask her if she is sleepy and she gets her "blankie" and goes into her room for bed. Although for the past week she has been carrying "blankie" with her all over the house and when she sits down she makes sure it is over her legs and then in goes the thumb (she only sucks her thumb to go to sleep). I hope this is just because she is so tired at the moment and that she is not creating a dependancy for the blanket - although she will not go to sleep without having it (which I'm ok with, I just don't want it to be a permanent fixture IYKWIM ie: Linus from peanuts).

Speaking of which, I can hear someone awake so I better get her bottle before she screams the house down.

Hi all, still about just really busy with work. Wish I had a job where you could leave it at work. lol.

Campbell had day surgery today. He was so brave, but trying to keep him quiet this arvo was a nightmare. He keeps getting a blood nose from getting up and moving about. Have threatend him with bed so now he is quietly playing hospitals in his tent. lol He is very proud of his robot teeth.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh my poor lil bubba, he is getting another tooth and his gum is black where it is coming through. Gee he suffers so much with his teeth. This will be number 6. Funny how you compare your kids, Campbell had nearly all his teeth at this age. Hope everyone is doing well. I can see this is going to be a long day, have had both screaming since we got up, funny really because we were discussing a role reversal next year. DH is going to stay home one day a week and I am going to work an extra day. So convinced its a great idea. lol

Have a lovly day.

oh saph! my thought exactly this morning "wonder if dh will stay home, and i go to work" lol We had a bad night with Ash and he's feral today. How early can the terrible 2s kick in??? He's been a handful all week... in fact the more we go out and play with other children the more obvious it is to me how full on he is!

Saph, sounds like you've got your hands full with sick babies lately! how is campbell recovering???

glad you had a nice bday kelly

i'm so tired today as bub did that thing again where he wakes every hour and cries for a bit, resettles (or i help him resettle), goes to sleep and does it again... did this from 11.20pm to about 2am. He does this about once or twice a week lately and i'm just not sure why??? hhhmmm Anyway DH woke me while getting ready for work at 6.30am and then the builders turned up at the house next door with their radios blaring at 7am it was like a concert in our room ggrrrh

might go rest while Destructor aka Ash is asleep .... freaking finally!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast