Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after LT TTC #8

Thanks for asking about me grub, and i love your avvie.
    And to BOC, lise, Kelly, Murph, saph, barney etc etc Keep up the news, I love to hear how you're all going.

I'm around - reading a lot, but gee, getting 5 mins to post is nearly impossible. DS2 is 13.5 months and never crawls anymore. Just walking everywhere. It's awesome, but even easier for DS1 to knock him over. AArgh. They want all the same toys (wheels or rails) and they are happiest outside. So, that's ok with me, I get a bit of pottering around done while they throw sand at each other.

Actually, DS1 can be quite a handful, but also he surprises me in a good way too. Today he unloaded the entire grocery trolley into the belt for me. And then when we got home he unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher (the bottom rack). It's nerve wracking watching all the plates in his hands, but he's not dropped one yet, and he loves to be a big boy and help. I can't believe I've been a mum for nearly 3 years!

We are off for almost 3 weeks to NZ to visit all the family (yes, can't you hear my kiwi accent?!). It'll be good, but soooo much driving. All 4 of my DSs great grandmothers are still alive, so it's a honour really to be able to show them my little terrors...I mean darlings.

Oh Saph, sounds horrendous the black gum...yeeouch. You were brave facing Campbell's surgery, hope he is on the mend quickly. that was tooth related too wasnt it? Or was it his kidney? Sorry, I'm flat our getting on the comp[uter to catch up lately.

Grub, in answer to your question re the terrible twos...exactly 14 months is what I discovered too. I reckon Ash is pretty damn close to that and his behaviours all resemble what she went through too. On e bit of good news is, that as bad as it was to feel like the day time naps had gone and lovely sleep pattern was shot to pieces and I was really not prepared for that tired, cranky woman to take over for good, it came back for us, sleeps are again lovely and I am again very happy at least for most of the time. Maybe not two long sleeps a day or even a sleep every day and the behaviour is still frustrating, but welcome to the terrible twos!! Get him outside lots and exhaust him. Jazzy wants outside from the minute she wakes up, not sure how we'll be in Orange in Winter

thanks murph. yeah we do outside in the arovs... when it's not raining! thankfully he's still managing a day sleep had just over 2 hours... i got in just over an hour... but oh the pain of wretching my eyes open when he woke. talk about feel dopey. but i'm glad jazzy was the same, i was beginning to think there might be some issue ie brat disease! argh. doesn't help that mummy is very tired and generally in a pretty cranky mood, poor kid.

lenny those boys sound delightful, in a full-on boy sort of way lol. I hope none of the family were in the quake and yes, your kids are extremely lucky to now their GGs!! Ash gets three, still pretty good me thinks travel safe.

OMG it's onlly a small thing but we found the orange missing from the toy library "fruit basket" we hired a few weeks ago! they were going to charge me if i didn't find it in the next week or so... I happened to sit down in the right spot on the lounge to see the stupid thing under hte tv unit. little things eh!

ox

Hi there Lenny,
    I just saw that you posted at the same time as I was writing so I missed you. That's not actually weighing that heavily on my mind that I'm awake and typing at quarter to one I'm feeling a bit shaky on the thought of having no accommodation sorted out so while the wee one and her dad are sleeping and my tummy is churning, I have been googling up a storm looking at rentals. I wish we could just buy but we will have to wait and suss things out from the safety of a rental for a while (if we can get one).

Lenny, you sound like you've got the right attitude with your boys. Hope mister helpful (DS 1) makes life a bit easier for you and doesn't wear your nerves out "helping you" Very cute.

Nigh night all, I'm all real estated out

Oh Murph, I am with you with the churning stomach. We went and saw a finacial advisor this week and they have recomended we buy an investment property. we are going to see them again today and they will be recomending some places to buy. Will let you know if any are in orange. lol

Why is money the route of all evil. The thought of getting into more debt scares the hell out of me but they assure me we can afford it. Would love to know how. And they assure me it will make us rich in the long run, yeah right that or bankrupt.

Yes Murph it was Campbells teeth. He is so proud of his robot tooth and was such a brave boy. Xavier is next we are seeing the surgeon again next friday about his hernia and I think we have decided to get it fixed now whilst he is still very little.

Hope everyone is going well.

Just wanted to share Tara's new statement that she says... When we say to her "Love you" she now replies with "Wuff U" and then gives us a big kiss. I don't think she knows what it means at all but I know she loves the reaction that she gets from DH & I when she says it.

I also hear all day long, when she is looking for me..."mummy, mummy, mummy" over and over again...

Hi girls we are back! Had a great time in London and will catch you all up on it in the coming days. As you can see by the time I am still a little jet lagged! Jazzy was awesome on the flight, slept most of the way and when awake was quiet and easy to entertain. We had heaps of people coming up to us after the flights commenting on how good she was. My advise to anyone traveling with a toddler, invest in an IPad. Best thing we ever did. You can purchase movies and tv shows so she sat watching the Wiggles most of the time she was awake. We also invested in a good pair of child specific earphones so they would stay on her head and they are also noise restricted so they can't turn up the sound too loud. Jazzy knows how to operate the IPad on her own which is very cute and rather scary to watch!

Glad to be home in Melbourne. I am originally from christchurch and still have a lot of family and friends there including my mum, sister and nephews, dad, step mum and half brother and sister. I am happy to report that they are all well. Although my sister did give us a fright as she was working in the city and the building she was in had all the stair wells collapse in. So she was stuck on the 15th floor with no way out. Luckily she was rescued with no injuries, but we were unable to contact her for 4 hours so didn't know how she was during that time, it was just horrible. And I felt so useless being on the other side of the world. But we are some of the lucky ones. There are so many people who has suffered so much in this tragedy. Buildings can be replaced, but people can't.

Hope you are all well, I will try and get up to speed in the next few days.

Janie xxx

no way janie! are you sure you came back on the right date??? not too early??/ I can't believe how quick that time went!!! that's so good that she travelled well for you! OMG pretty scary about your sister, but i'm glad she's well. I hope she's not too traumatised by it all.

My aunt's MIL lives over there, in her 80s and apparently wasn't doing well after the last quake in sept. the poor old thing was so frightened she'd sleep in an arm chair. So i can't imagine the physiological trauma that so many people now have because of the quakes.

I saw your sig Janie and Jazzy is like an old woman! she's nearly 2 FFS! when did that happen!! lol.

kelly - i WUFF that lol we say it to ash but nuddin yet! he's stuck on saying "mon-ner" as in monster the dog (cookie monster) for everything. birds, planes, cars are all "mon-ner". OMG JUST TAKE THAT BACK HE JUST, like right now said car to a red car I was talking to him about.

saph- that's exciting about an investment place. i'm not sure orange is the best investment centre tho lol.

murph - find anything? is it cos of the cost/condition etc that there isn't anything for you or is it a tight market?? good luck love.

afu - not much to report. I think, *think*, we've successfully weaned ash of his night time feeds including his dreamfeed! We just dropped them all cold turkey and if he woke, gave him water. Last night we went down about 7pm and didn't hear him til 7.30am! But you know what they are like, it was probably a one off!! but i really hope he does this from now on, with the new baby due soon it would be great to only have to get up to one child iykwim!

Funny little thing, DH and I were in bed and bub was just wandering around being generally cheeky .. we heard a bit of a noise, he wheeled his toy box into our room and pulled it up next to DH's side of the bed so he could play lol. very cute, he was giggling as he was wheeling it!

Hi ladies,

As per usual I've been reading but not able to post - our laptop still isn't fixed so relying on my phone.

We're gong well - Finn started swimming lessons a few weeks ago, he just loves the water! He's even okay with going under the water now He has been teething again, he seems to have skipped the top middle teeth and going straight to the eye teeth. He hasn't been too bad but still so incredibly snotty - he cries at the sight of a tissue now!
    Sleeping is a bit all over the place and I'm not sure if it's related to teething or not. He's only been having one sleep lately which means he's awake from about 2ish to bed time, which is about 7:30. I cannot get him to have another nap nor can I get him to sleep before 7:30. And even then he wakes about 4-6 times in two hours before he's ready to settle properly. Is it a phase???

Anyway, better go settle him again. Sorry for the lack of persies, will try again later! Hope everyone is well xx

lise, Ash did the same thing with the teeth. no middle ones but a couple of fangs... looked so cute! And he went feral every couple of weeks and would do what you are mentioning and not settle at night for ages.

He's 14 months and only just gone to one sleep a day. He does 2pm to 7pm but is really ready for bed then. Mind you his one sleep has been pretty decent 2 to 3 hours. I think every baby is different and maybe finn is just ready but by the sounds of what he's doing at night, it does seem like he's getting a bit overtired re not being able to settle into a good kip. But i'm not sure i can offer any advice for you if he refuses to go down.

Are you giving him anything for his teeth? maybe they are what are keeping waking him iykwim. We used pandaol, sedegel and brauer's teething relief all together at bedtime and found that was the only ****tail that seemed to help DS. But we would give in reluctantly as i don't like dosing him up on drugs iykwim. But on bad nights, he's sleep much better if we did this... Oh and remember you can't use the teething gels (bonjela/sedegel etc) with nurofen - apparently same active ingredient or something.

sorry not sure if that helps or not. I just think they can be just little toads at that age and not much you do can change it. BUT like you said, everything at that age is a phase, so he will outgrow it... just feels like it takes forever!

Lise - probably is a phase. I am learning that nothing is permanent in this parenting lark. Even the good stuff! Just when you get used to a certain behaviour they go and change it on you! Sleep often changes aRound teething or a developmental leap as well. DS slept very little when he was learning to sit up, roll over, brawl and then walk! Which with teething periods in between added up to very weird sleep patterns for months on end. Some days we get big naps and on others nowt at all. Good luck!

Hi ladies. I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Grub suggested I stop by, but i have to admit I've been lurking here for a week or so now... Our beautiful daughter was born 5 weeks ago and she's keeping us on our toes. We're having some problems with slow weight gain (not yet back to birth weight ), but other than that she's doing great. I look forward to getting to know those of you I haven't met before.

Welcome Juniper and congratulations on the safe arrival of your little princess. Oh they know how to keep us on our toes right from the beginning don't they!

Looking forward to getting to hear more about you and your family.

Janie xxx

P.s. I don't know what has happened everyone, but I seem to have blinked and my baby is somehow about to turn 2! How on earth did that happen?

juniper- glad you came in! but warning KellyD and MadB are here too... lol couldn't keep them out! hahahaha. And if you come across a character called Murph run a mile okay, only joking, these ladies rock.

Red Riding hood! wow i saw your ticker... now that went fast... DS must be hanging out with Janie's Jazzy and eating spinach! lol.

well just a quick one, DS is handing me shoes which means "let's go mum". we have a tour of the birth centre].

oxoxo

Juniper! I think I remember you from some previous threads. :congratulations: on your precious little poppet!

Lise, sounds like teeth for sure and is he in a Wonder Week too? Don't worry too much, it will pass. If you get really desperate, I find a car trip does the trick. My DS is a bit the same, it's lucky dip as to whether he has a nap at all let alone two, but he refuses to go down til about 9:30-10 at night (or almost midnight in last night's case) but I guess that's what happens when you're created by two insomniacs! Every time I even think about complaining my mother quickly reminds me that I never slept a full night until I started school, and only ever slept an hour and a half at a time until then

with the tour Grub! Are you thinking of a water birth?

OMG Janie , how fast has that gone??? I think I joined the preggy thread just as you had her! Seems like yesterday!

Oh RRH... a woman after my own ! I love the term "nowt"! My dad is from Sheffield & both he & his sister have been in Oz since the early 60s but I love how their thick Yorkshire accents come back whenever they get together.

to Murph, Saph, KellyD, Lenny & anyone else I've missed.

And Barney? You've been pretty quiet of late! We miss you in here!

AFU, not much going on. Woken up to a very snotty, miserable boy who also has a nasty tooth (#7) coming through. Last couple of days he's been off his food and it's been a battle to get him to drink anything (which was really tough in the 38 degree heat yesterday) and not sleeping much at all. As I said it was almost midnight last night after resorting to driving laps around town for an hour (normally when we get in the car he's out before we've left the driveway) and he woke grizzling about every 15mins. Normally I would tuck him in with me but I have a bit of an asthma cough that I feared would constantly wake him up (fat difference it made ) Anyway poor DH, between fido & snot monster his eyeballs were pretty much hanging out of his head this morning!

Anyway enough of the "woe is me" talk... hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Hi ladies. Sorry, no time for posting
    Welcome Juniper! My goodness I remember when you got your BFP. How is your little one going? It must be stressful with the slow weight gain - hope things are getting easier for you.

Hey all!

I was in here this morning typing away my novel while Jazzy slept and then lost the whole lot...grrrrrrrrr. Dont you hate that!! Turns out DH has packed the keyboard from the laptop and I was merrily typing away on the laptop keypad without remembering all the whizz bang buttons that do who knows what at the most inconvenient moment. It's enough to drive me back to pen and paper.

Arrgghhh, gotta run, forgot to put the dog water up!

OMG it is 8.40am and both the boys are still asleep. What do I do with myself.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast