Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - December 2008

Default Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - December 2008

Welcome to the Pregnancy after Long Term TTC forum. Finally you have gotten over one big hurdle - pregnancy after long term trying to conceive! Pregnancy that follows can often be very nerve-racking or may involve more monitoring than other pregnancies. Discuss your experiences and thoughts here.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    gargy Moderator
    dusty Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.
    Your last thread can be found HERE.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Hi girls, thank you for the warm welcomes!

Bel - I'm so sorry to hear of the bleeding you have been having. I really hope that everything is ok for your 2 precious bubs, and you get some reassurance soon.

tiggerlinda - Isn't it nice when DH's share their germs like that, especially when we can't take anything to give us a bit of relief. I'm still coughing and sniffing from a cold/flu that started last Tuesday, it's been hanging around too long. I hope your feeling better soon.

Nic - Sounds like your calmbirth classes will be very helpful when it comes to giving birth!!

Janie - you aren't in line for pre-eclampsia. A friend of a friend just had their bub at 25 weeks, and it's heartbreaking to hear their story. Good to hear your sister is going well now!

LNB - Hopefully your MS doesn't stick around for too long

mummy2chloe - for your Monday bt!!

Nicole S - I hope your Friday goes quickly at work, and you have a nice relaxing weekend away from your a***hole boss.

Briggsys Girl - Have a good rest, I hope your days get a little less hectic soon.

On_Trak - that everything is ok with you

to miss c, hippy mum and anyone else I've missed

afm, I'm just waiting patiently for our 7 week scan to find out if we're having 1 or 2 bubbas. Still feeling ok, just getting pretty tired early now, which is ok with me, I usually stay up too late anyway so I'm making myself go to bed by about 8:30/9pm. Have my work Christmas do on Saturday night, it's going to be interesting being one of the only ones not drinking, I'll probably get annoyed with everyone and want to leave early.

Ohhh I make it 2nd to the thread

Hopefully I can do a full day at work today the house hunting is full on try to move before Christmas

M2C: to the thread on the :BFP:

Just wanted to get in on the new thread! Hi to all.

Janie xxx

Ok I'm really sorry for gate crashing - But Congratulations M2C... I just found your news in here and am thrilled for you. What a great piece of news. that bubs sticks tight for you hun.

And congrats to the hundreds of women in here that I know. I love popping in to read up and see how you are all progressing.

Hi girls,

Sorry to have been MIA. Nowadays I am just too tired by the time I come home from work I don't even have the energy to do anything. I nap as soon as I get home at 6 pm, then have dinner and by the time I clean up it is bed time.

Welcome M2C and Alloy. It is very exciting and scary in the first few weeks but it is all worth it when you see that heart beat.

Bel - what a scary experience. I that the bubs are well and that the bleeding stops soon. Good thing the Ob could find the source of the problem (and it is external to the sacs as well).

LNB - Belly buddy... I think I am in the same boat as you. MS is bearable but just... and as soon as I thought I had it worked out.... it gives me a new twist... this morning it sent me into a spin

Janie - I don't know what pre-eclampsia mean but it sounds scary... well as one wise woman in here warned me that just because my sister and mother didn't have MS, I might not be safe... and she was very right.... I hope in your case that is so too.

On Trak - I hope your bub is well... hang in there hun....

To everyone else, I hope you are all cruising along.

AFM, had my 8 week scan and the bub is beautiful (sorry a little biase), measuring spot on at 8 weeks and having heart beat at 128 bpm. I had the scan 1 day before our 9th anniversary so it was a wonderful present for both DH and I. Our family are already making guesses as to whether we are having a boy or girl. My MIL's theory is if I am craving sweet stuff (which I am not really but in comparison to never wanting to eat sweets in the past to eating it just fine now), then I must be carrying a boy. I asked DH to place a bet on the issue and he said "o.k. if you say its a boy then I will say it's a girl. If I win you give me a boy next time and if you win we will have a girl next time." What sort of a bet is that! Anyway, DH is over the moon but is very clueless. I was very sick the other day and in his worried state said to me "should I take you to hospital?" Now who has ever been hospitalised for MS???

Anyway, hope you are all well. Have a nice weekend.

Kahlan

Kahlan - your DH isn't completely off the ball - severe MS, where you can't keep anything down, DOES hospitalise ladies regularly! it's called hyperesmesis gravidarium (or similar - i don't have it so going on memory) - extreme sickness can lead to dehdration so they put you on the drip. DH is just looking out for you (and you look out for you too - no point getting to a point where you are really dehydrated - very bad for you and for bubs!)

Just jumping aboard the new thread....no time to catch up with an *** hole boss!!
    Have a great day ladies

Thank you so much to everyone who's done the "shout out" to me in the last couple of days. Your thoughts mean so much to me because you're almost the only ones who know!!

BG - you beat me to it, I was going to say I had a friend who was hospitalised for severe MS but you said it much more eloquently!
    Kahlan - sorry that you're feeling lousy, although obviously not serious enough to be looking for a hospital bed so that's very good news . Thanks for your sticky thoughts ... I just hope bub hangs in there :-)
    Alloy - welcome to the thread ... tough gig being in early pg around Chrissy and doing the "not drinking" thing ... hope you manage to survive your work do! Do your colleagues know you're pg or will you be having to disguise the fact you're not drinking?
    M2C - a quiet congratulations and I hope all is well for you today ... welcome to the thread and you are here to stay.
    LNB - thanks for your thoughts and I hope your MS doesn't give you too much trouble.
    Janie - thanks for your
    Nic - thanks for thinking of me, no news 'til scan but for now *boring* is good!
    Bel - thinking of you, hope the last few days have been *boring* for you too ... no more stress and excitement
    Possums - nice of you to drop in
    Miss_c - thanks for the vote of confidence xx, hope you're doing well and I LOVE your huge posts so no need to feel guilty
    Sonya - hi there, nice to see you popping in; my thoughts are with you xoxo
    NicoleS, HM, TL - hi

AFM - still no MS or other symptoms but looking for all the positives ... no bleeding and only 4 more sleeps until next BT & scan. I have been researching low HCG levels and am feeling more confident that things might still be OK. Others who've had low HCG then blighted ovum or MC have generally been WAY lower levels than mine and out of three tables of week by week HCG levels that I found I am *just* within the lower limit of two out of three. I've decided that I am "borderline" rather than a lost cause!! Another positive from last week's scan - not ectopic! Hoping to see a stronger HB next Tues .

OnTrack hello Hun I was thinking of you postives are postives My Ms did not really hit in till 8 weeks

to everyone else in here

AFM: feeling better today too But that may only last a few moments

Rachel - I didn't have any preggo symptoms at all early on - like NONE so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

As soon as I got my BFP - my boobs stopped hurting and I never got morning sickness - just tired, but I was being treated for underactive thyroid at the time I found out so that could have been part of the tiredness.

Good luck and take it easy over the weekend - will be waiting to hear some good news next week. It is Chritsmas time and lots of good things happen.

X

Hi Rachel, much like Nic I never have had any MS I think only a bit of nausea and that was this week only.. and only sore BB during the IVF cycle.
    It can be a scary time, but not having symptoms is not necessary a bad thing.

Take care

AFM, the lower back/hip pain is back this arvo..had a tight stitch in my owner belly and it seems to have moved to my back...I shouldn't complain as it left weeks ago I guess all part of being preggers.

Just a quick hello from me, ladies...

Work is still really full-on, and I'm just exhausted. Only 8 more days of teaching to go and then I can rest, and they can't go quickly enough for me! I'm seriously thinking of making it 7 - there's one day where I'm out in the morning for an appointment and I'd get back for only one lesson - I'm tempted to make it a whole day out to just rest rather than running myself completely into the ground...

Also feeling a little out of place - there's so many of you in early pregnancy that it seems somehow strange complaining about my son's nasty habit of sticking his feet in my rib cage (grrrr! mention it and he does it!) and stopping me from moving when everyone else is dealing with the presence or absence of morning sickness!

I think I've also realised just how close to crunch time we are... it's Miss C then me, then a few in late January... unless there's someone hiding more than me that is due earlier. It's so close, yet so far away... I'd happily have this baby tomorrow, if I could! Not just to get his feet out of my ribs, but because I so desperately want to meet him. Still got a lot of issues to work through surrounding birth, so I think I may need every moment of the 7 weeks left to mentally prepare myself for it!

BW

hey ladies

just want to say thank you for you warm welcomes, the bleeding hasnt gotten any worse BUT i am still bleeding (tmi alert) yesterday the brown blood was coming out on to the panty liner, but today its not coming out as much so hopefully things will start to slow down. i have also had a really bad case of diahorria (sp?) today, and so i rang the clinic and asked if there was any chance i could have a bt tomorrow to check on things, so i will be going for that first thing tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow afternoon i will know what is going on, if this bubba/'s have decided to stick around.

i really hope that i dont miscarry, its taken me soooooo long to get this bfp i really dont want to lose them/it now. please god help this miracle stick please,please,please

M2C best of luck for your blood test tomorrow and for some great news for you.

Hi Everyone

Popped in for a quick hello, sorry I haven't been on much lateley, but b/w work, lead up to xmas and just being very tired, I have bareley logged in lateley.

Cant do personals as I havent read all the posts properly, but big congratulations to the new pregnant ladies. Alloy and M2C wishing you all the best in your pregnancy.

Sorry if I have missed any other newbies, but have barely read the posts lateley.

AFM all is well, my clothes are all tight and am struggling to wear my normal clothes. I seem to have gotten bigger earlier this time around, which I beleive is normal after your 1st pregnancy.

Anyway big hello to everyone and hope you enjoy your weekend.

to all!

i cant believe it BUT my levels are still rising

Ivf nurse just rang and said that my levels are now 237hcg and my progesterone is 60 she said that the other day my progesterone was really low it was 15 and 48hrs later there 60

the nures said she is REALLY REALLY happy with these results and i have to have another bt on tuesday ( my god thats so far away)

i am still bleeding and i am so confused, i have had 2 miscarriages before and this is nothing like them, i dont have any cramps or pains and the bleeding isnt heavy, well actually its strange cos one minute i will do a wee and there will be no blood, but then the next time i go and do a wee there is a fair bit of blood??????? and thats how its sort of been, one minute theres blood next minute there's not, its all so confusing.

i asked the nurse is there any chance that i could be pregnant with twins and that i am just losing one of them and she said that could be very well possible and she also said i might be one of those women that bleed throughout there pregnancy and she also said that this bleeding might not even be pregnancy related, so we just have to sit tight until tuesday to see what my levels are doing and then if all is rising i will be getting an early scan done to see why i am bleeding.

thank you so much for you support and kind words, i dont know what i would do without your help

Mummy 2 Chloe - That is great news sweetie it sounds like you are spotting like I did sometime there was nothing and sometimes a bit. My FS and OB said the blood would mix with the CM so the levels would change.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast