Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

Marcellus...just wondering how you are doing?

Hope you are able to put your feet up and just have some special mummy and jelly time!

Nothing, nada, zip
    but thanks for asking

traceylee Guest

Happy Easter Girls,

Lenny - Big Congrats on the birth of Liam Well done! Hoping all is well for you all and you are settling in nicely together.

Marcellus - hope you're hanging in there ok and being as patient as can be considering. Have been thinking of you.

Nic/Lismith - I have no BH but have had Jett give hiccups which was pretty cool. Im happy not to have BH cos I think I would panic thinking I was in labour.

Nic - Your comment on a nice glass of brown brothers dolcetto and syrrah - I was luving the brown brothers crouchen & reisling mmmmmmm until transfer when I stopped the odd glass. Could go a nice cold one though I refuse to ! Yummo to all the brown brothers !

Arielle - how sweet you have your decor for the nursery. I felt so good doing ours up, made it seem more real and more exciting !

Me - Have been to chiropractor cos left leg now not working very well. Sciatica from hip down to toes and painful. Chiro is helping though. I dreamt Jett looked like my mum last night. Was really weird. I remember kissing him all over his face and he was so soft and smelt like baby powder except he had wrinkles like my mum ewwwwww but he was so soft like grandma skin. He had her dark hair & her eyes. I cant wait to see him, I am so in love with him already.

Have a great weekend girls. Can you believe that March is nearly over?

Tracey

Default Hormone Levels

Hi Girls... I recently found out that I finally have a positive blood test from an IVF cycle. I was just wondering if any of you know what the hormone levels should be? Ie: what is a good level? I am 5 weeks pregnant, I had the bfp on Thursday 20th and went in on Tuesday 25th for another blood test just to make sure - the levels on 25/03 were about 2900... is that good?
    Hope you are all well. You are all much further along than me, I wonder if there is a different forum I should be in??

Congratulations Karena on your bfp. Your levels sound great so please try and relax and keep all the positive thoughts flooding in
    Oh yeh you are in a wonderful thread amongst a group of very supportive and caring women who are at various stages of pregnancy or motherhood who understand how you might be feeling and will offer you support. Once again Congratulations

Marcellus How are you doing hun? Any sign of Jelly? How long are you allowed to go past your due date? Maybe you could try going for a walk or you and dh could get busy to try and get the contractions started. Either way I'm getting very excited and can't wait to see you b.a for "Jelly"

Hi to everyone else here. I did a huge post and lost it all. GRRRR. So I'll try and get back on over the weekend and try again.
    Last edited by mako; March 28th, 2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks everyone for you lovely words.
    We are just home now, after a 5 day stay in hospital, as our little one was a bit jaundiced. He's looking lots better now and he hopefully feels a lot better too.

A due date baby...no one guessed that was going to happen! I kept timing my pains and thinking...is it really happening? The paediatrician says he is absolutely not small for his dates and maybe the low fluid levels were putting everyone wrong.

I can't believe how instant you fall in love with someone so tiny ...who has just put you through some serious pain! DH was wonderful during the birth, although they took the gas off me at one stage and i grabbed him a little too hard, and gave him some good fingernail marks! I wasn't against pain relief, but didn't end up having anything other than gas.

Marcellus - i am sorry I took your spot in the queue...I really hope that Jelly is nearly here now - keep telling him about the induction and see if that spurs him on.

Will catch up with everyone later - these little creatures seem to consume so much time!!

Jo

Hey Lenny - good to see you back. Hope little Liam is all better now and doing well.

I have been trying to scare Jelly with his eviction notice - but no effect so far.

Hi Karena - Congratulations and welcome. Please stick around, we just havn't had any new members for a while - it's always great when people join. Hope you're doing well.

Hi Lenny, how cool that you guys are now home!

Nic

You sound fantastic Lenny!

So thrilled for you with little Liam...

And yeah...the little creatures do consume so much time...but isn't it wonderful!

Karena...congratulations!!! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy, filled with excitement, joy and peace! Enjoy the ride!

Karena, Welcome to our little group and congrats on your pregnancy. Can't help out with the numbers, I do think there is a thread on here somewhere that gives you an idea of what the levels should be at.

Marcellus, hopefully Jelly will read his eviction notice soon hey.

TL - The hiccups are so cool aren't they! I remember them from DD.

Speaking of my DD, she has been trying so hard to feel bubs kicks, and reckons that she felt a couple, a couple of weeks ago, but on the weekend, she had her hand on my belly and she got this big almighty kick right under her hand and I swear her eyes nearly popped out of her head with excitement! It was such a beautiful (and hilarious) moment. I think that will be one of those images that I will forever remember.
    She has been singing twinkle twinkle little star to my belly, and last night when she started singing I got this little kick, whether or not it was a coincidence? It was quite cute though.

I think we are down to 13 weeks before delivery! And DH is still working on DD's wardrobe! Have our OB appointment next week, so will be staying with my parents for a couple of days, and doing some bed shopping for DD.

Did my glucose test on friday. So glad that DH was able to go with me, I felt quite dizzy after the drink, which I don't remember having with DD, but then again, it was so long ago why would I remember!

Catch up with you all later
    Nic

Talking

Hey Chickies

Cmon Jelly....crickey this bub is stubborn, it must just be soo nice and cosy in there Marcellus, you have obviously done too good a job

Yeay Lenny, glad your home and everthing is going well......you sound soooo in love with your wee man

Welcome Karena- we havent had any new peeps for ages, I thought we had been lost, I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. I knew the numbers at some point i'll see if I can dig out my old score card....im sure it had levels on it, unfortunately the old brain is not fairing too well at the moment.

Nic - 13weeks will fly, I dont know where the last month has gone seriously.

OMG OMG Its April tomorrow that means I have a month left at work I am getting seriously excited now!!! She's not too far away aaaahhhhh.

Big hello to everyone hope all mums, bubs and tums are doing well
    Lis xx

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls & Bubs,

Marcellus - are you there yet? We're all anxiously waiting for something to happpen. Hope all is ok.

Lenny - Welcome Home. You sound relaxed and totally enjoying your new little man. Hope things are going smoothly for you.

Nic - I had my glucose test the week before and I loved the sweet drink. I didnt have to fast for mine did you? My next appointment is not until next Tues so I wont get the results until then.

Karena - Big Congrats on the BFP. All the very best for the journey ahead and its great for you to join us. There are some very caring and knowledgeable ladies here who will help you along the way. Enjoy every minute.

Lismith - You must be so excited to leave work soon and have some time to yourself. Its all so exciting the steps that happen that bring our due date closer & closer.

Me - Im having my 4D, 30 week scan on Thursday and I cant wait to see bubs gorgeous face. Im sure he's a cutie like his dad! Im so excited to bring the DVD home and watch it over & over & over. He has been moving heaps and I havent been able to rest much. My sciatica is now really bad & chiro & masseur are telling me bubs is putting most of his weight on my left hip and its taking its toll. Im feeling a bit nauseaus today, hope Im not coming down with something.

Hope you all are well and enjoying your beautiful bumps.

TraceyLee

Traceylee, no I didn't have to fast for the glucose test either. It was sweet wasn't it! I thought it was going to be horrible. I remember it was terrible with DD, 8 years makes a big difference LOL! DH thought it smelt horrible, i thought it smelt like soda stream?
    Hope your results come back all good. Your next appointment is the day after mine OMG at having a 4d 30 week scan! When we had ours, we couldn't get a good pic of bubs face, so the lady told us to see if we can go back around 30 something weeks for another one. We are going to ask the OB if he will refer us on for another one. Hope you get some gorgeous pics and video.

lis, YAY for only a month to go at work! Hope the time flies by

Well, I have finally filled out my paperwork to register at the hospital! I have been putting it off for various reasons, and DH and I had a bit of an arguement over it on the weekend. So will show it to him tonight and I'm sure it will make him very happy. I think we can't book in for the tour and midwife interview until somewhere around 30/32 weeks. Waiting to see when our next OB visit will be and try to book both appointments on the same day, not sure if I will be able to pull it off though.
    When do you go down to fortnightly visits?

Nic

Hi all
    Still here. JelJel is very happy where he is and we'll be going in to hospital thursday night for induction. Not very happy about it, but have a couple of days to get used to the idea I guess.

Take care everyone

Hey Marcellus

Hang in there...and you never know what might happen in the next 48 hours!!!

I know Dr Thyer said he wouldn't induce me as I thought I was nowhere near looking ready (and I was 8 days over) and he thought it would end up a failed induction and then onto emergency c/s...

So it must mean that he thinks you are really close...and there's a fantastic chance that it's all going to happen very soon...

Wishing you all the very best!

marcellus, hope little Jelly decides to start making his wayout for cuddles before you get to induction.
    Sending loads of labour vibes your way

Nic

Talking

BIG FAT LABOUR VIBES MARCELLUS COMING YOUR WAY....hey but you never know the dreaded "I" word, may just do the trick

Traceylee- how cool to have a 4d scan so late, im so jealous, up here in hicksville there are no options for that kind of thing. But i would so love to see my bubba, been having freaky dreams about there being something quite abnormal in there.

Nic - my fortnightly appoints started at 28weeks, then they go to weekly at 36 apparently. I have been seeing the midwives as have had no real issues, but think from 36 I may see the obs, As I am getting to the need reassuring stage.

Well you have to forgive this TMI but did anyone else have the runs towards the end...I have seriously been constipated since the beginning and now in the last 2 weeks I have done a complete u-turn, not diarrhea (spelling?) but a significant difference. And am now thinking these pains are definielty bh, been happening when im at work and at night only last a bit and then go, but feel like cramp and like my bump is a about to fall off. Would be really useful for a random sign to appear, when these things happen saying "YES COMPLETELY NORMAL DONT PANIC".

Sorry Im rambling.....hospital bag is semi packed, dh wants me to buy snacks for him this week (he has been reading his babybook for dads) and he is picking out some clothes for me to pack (cos he wants to look good hehe), but at least we are now talking about pain relief and stuff (guess I should be glad he is interested) We still dont start antenatal classes till the 16th....hope we make it!!

Anyway big hello to everyone hope you are all ok

Hi Ladies... thanks to everyone for your sweet messages and positive thoughts. Glad to be a member of a new group now, very exciting and extremely nerve racking all at the same time! Just counting down until we have our first scan on 9th April... hanging out to hear a heartbeat!!
    Hope everyone is going well... thanks for the warm welcome!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast