Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

Default Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

Welcome to the Pregnancy after Long Term TTC forum. Finally you have gotten over one big hurdle - pregnancy after long term trying to conceive! Pregnancy that follows can often be very nerve-racking or may involve more monitoring than other pregnancies. Discuss your experiences and thoughts here.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

MadB Senior Moderator
    Lenny Moderator
    nothing2lose Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.

Your last thread can be found here.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Hi ladies just thought I'd add the list feel free to update I'm sure I've missed people

Bubbas Due

Lise - 29/6

Baby Dreamtime - 20/7
    MelissaI - 31/7 (Twins)

Maruschke - 16/8
    MeredithD - 17/8

Terry - 17/9

Cattie - 6/10
    Janie71 - 18/10
    Joy - 31/10

Mia01 ? 13/11

Aries - 10/01
    Saffy - 11/01
    Dutchie80 - 11/01
    Porsche - ?/01

Bubbas Born
    Loops12 - Mylee Therese born 1 May
    Coral73 - Kayla born 6 May
    Teirae - Rosalind

Just jumping into the thread - hope all are well.

janie xxx

I was wondering if I could please join this thread? My EDD is Oct 24 - identical twins. But I am expected to deliver anytime between 30 and 36 weeks.

Currently I'm not mentally prepared to accept the babies may come any earlier than that

I currently have TTTS - so lots of monitoring and trying to think positive,

Thanks so much for having me

X

Welcome thirdtimelucky and a big congratulations!!! Hope you're feeling well and not too exhausted by a twin pregnancy coupled with two young children!

Warning - selfish, all about me post ahead. And apologies to those in my belly buddy group for copping This twice.

Had my scan/OB appointment yesterday. Scan shows baby is still big, HC and AC both measuring around 41 weeks and the head is definitely bigger than DS was at birth... Fundal measurement at 42 weeks so I've grown another 3 cm in the last week and seem to have even more fluid than before. So officially diagnosed with polyhydramnios although the OB I saw was very blas? about everything and concerned about nothing. So no plans to induce, she's not worried about cord prolapse or shoulder dystocia again, though she did say if my waters break or I feel like they're about to (I had them artificially ruptured last time, no idea what it bloomin feels like when they're about to break!!!) then I have to get to the hospital ASAP. So now I'm just even more stressed about everything, and in particular what I do if my waters break when I'm home alone with DS... I have an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday and I'll be asking some more questions, like why the OB has suggested I'll need a canula in during labour if she doesn't think something will go wrong??? I'll also be asking her to do an internal and possible a S&S if my cervix looks favorable. I know I should be enjoying every last ounce of this pregnancy, but I know you ladies will understand when I say how worried I am that something will go wrong. Why doesn't the OB know how paranoid we LTTTCers are?! Add into the mix my incredibly sore back and enormous uncomfortable stomach and I'm getting to the end of what I can happily cope with.

I can hear DS awake so better go get him. Hope all is well, will be back soon for a more positive post xx

Eeeeek, I'm next on the list!!!

Default sorry for the essay!

hi Ladies, i am still hanging around, have been too stressed to post but feeling a bit more confident now that this pregnancy is going to get there...

Thirdtimelucky- welcome hun! How long have you had TTTS for? How bad is it? I hope everything stays stable with your little ones and that they stay inside you as long as they can! You must be stessed, poor thing. Don't panic now about them coming earlier cos it may not happen so stick with your plan of 30-36 weeks- just don't forget to tell your babies that plan lol. Do you know their sex?

Lise- next in line!! Sorry you are having this stress. I'm actually a midwife so maybe I can help with a few things. The cannula will be because if you have polyhydramnios your uterus is stretched a bit bigger than normal ( as you can probably feel!) so you would be at greater risk of bleeding more after birth, with a cannula in they can quickly give you fluids and drugs to control this. You probably won't go much longer anyway, as your body will be thinking you are full term because of the uterus size, so they probably expect you to deliver sooner rather than later anyway whcih may be why they aren't planning to induce you. If you were to break your waters at home, I'm sure it would be accepable to bring your DS with you and arrange for someone to meet you at the hospital to pick him up. Also, dont' worry about the 'feeling like your waters were about to break', thats ridiculous, most people wouldn't know that their waters were about to break, its more likely that you would already be having contractions and feel a lot of pressure downbelow, but if you were contracting you would already be in hospital anyway.Hope some of this helps and that your m/w can reassure you.

Terry- my edd is now 8th Jan ( yay I moved forward a few days, always handy inthe 1st trimester!) Also thanks for your reassuraing words when I was spotting, I really appreciate it.

hi everyone else, hope all are going well xx

AFM- I pretty much had spotting and cramping between 6-8 weks, every second day or so, which almost gave me a nervous breakdown, I had a second scan at 7 weeks as I had had some redder spotting but all was still well, phew. We had to postpone our holiday to Hamilton Island as my acupuncturist was adament that I shouldn't be flying with a threatened m/c, and so we went on a driving holiday to Blue Mountians instead. We were disappointed at the time, but in retrospect I am glad I followed her advice, I would have been nervous away from medical help. As it turned out everything settled down and I spent my 40th birthday green with terrible nausea! I have since had a 10 weeks scan with my obstetrician who was lovely and very caring as I was wreck when I went into the drs room, she scanned me straight away and saw our little bubba with a heartbeat! She is also letting me come back on Monday for another quick scan for reassurance, i love her. So now we have the 12 week scan to deal with, I'm not too stressed, i think everythign will be ok.

Quick question- who had an amnio? With my age i am sure I will be high risk, but thinking I won't risk anything after geting this far.

Saffy glad your feeling more positive and it's nice your OB is doing the extra scan mine was the same. Don't stress about your age automatically meaning you will be high risk I'm 42 and felt the same but I came back with great numbers. My thoughts were that whatever happened I would not have the amnio and just wait a few more weeks till the 20 week scan and then make a decision. Everyone is different but think of it this way you have fought so hard to get here and the little one inside you is so strong everything will be ok. That's what I told myself to help get trough the fear and uncertainty.

I'll be back to update the list ladies as I'm on my phone at the moment

Saffy, thanks for your advice, it does reassure me! Among other things I had visions of going over like with DS (41w2d) and I just can't couldn't cope with the idea of having three more weeks of being so uncomfortable!

As for an amnio, I haven't had one but I was/am considered high risk for down syndrome, partly age and mostly because of the nuchal fold measurement. We decided against the amnio based on a number of factors and held out until the 20 week scan which we had at 18 weeks. LONG wait but we decided that since we wouldn't terminate based on results no point going through with the amnio. I know loads of women my age or older though who had much better results than me so I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Hi saffy, just thought i would pop in to answer your question. I had an amnio with DS2 because the risk factor was 1 in 191 (with DS1 it was 1 in 2000) so i was a bit shocked. I think age had a lot to do with the figure for DS2, as i had turned 40. My obs recommended amnio but we initially declined. We thought about it for a few weeks, and then decided that although we were prepared to continue with the pregnancy regardless of the results, we wanted to be prepared. We had the procedurre at 16 weeks and it was relatively painless, i would say less painless than having blood taken. Its all the associated anxiety that makes it dofficult! IMO having an amnio is an extremely personal decision, and its takes a lot of time and thought to decide whether or not its something for you. In the end, only you know wheth you will be ok with doing it, or not doing it.

Best wishes, j. Xoxo.

Saffy - ugh, that sucks about the spotting but great that everything is looking good. And YAY for that lovely ticker that you have now!!!

Can't believe that unless anything happens in the meantime, I go in for a c sec four weeks tomorrow!!! This pregnancy has gone so incredibly quickly and I am amazed that we get to meet these little girls so soon. It is still really hard to believe that it is happening and I don't think that I will 100% believe until they are safely in our arms.

As promised here's our list

Bubbas Due

Lise - 29/6

Baby Dreamtime - 20/7
    MelissaI - 31/7 (Twins)

Maruschke - 16/8
    MeredithD - 17/8

Terry - 12/9

Cattie - 6/10
    Janie71 - 18/10
    TTL77 - 24/10 (Twins)
    Joy - 31/10

Mia01 – 13/11

Aries - 10/01
    Saffy - 08/01
    Dutchie80 - 16/01
    Porsche - ?/01

Bubbas Born
    Loops12 - Mylee Therese born 1 May
    Coral73 - Kayla born 6 May
    Teirae - Rosalind
    Last edited by terry; June 28th, 2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: change of dates

Quick question from me when will you / did you start washing all the babies clothes and bedding etc ? What did you wash the clothes with?

Based on nothing other than time, I washed DS's clothes and this baby's clothes when I started mat leave and had time to do it, probably about 35/36 weeks. I just use our usual washing powder but only a small amount. I know some people use special detergents etc., but I figured I'd start with what I'd normally use and if the baby had a reaction then I'd change. But that's just me

Hi beautiful mummy's
    Just wanted to jump into the new thread! I have terrible MS today (which is nice), I have been lurking and reading how everyone is going and I have lots of replies, but today, I'm just not up to a novel reply...

Just wanting to quickly pop my head in and let u kno that my scan on the 01.06, due to a slight bleed went very well, and we were so relieved to see tic tac with a strong hb of 135bpm and 8mm larger than the last time we had an u/s. have our 12 week screening tests for down syndrome booked in. Will do blood work on Friday (10+2) and my scan is booked for the morning of 6th July (12+2). I am trying to remain positive about it all but still remain a bit nervous and anxious about the results. My gp did say to me at an appt, that the fathers age, which was not thought to be relevant, actually is. That, combined with my high fsh, and being positive but not entirely sure of my egg quality... Moving forward with

I hope everyone is well! Xoxox

Also wondering if my DD can be changed on the list. At my last doc appt, she changed my DD from the 12th to the 16th, as my u/s had me measuring just a touch behind... Thanks!
    Last edited by Dutchie80; June 20th, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Hi girls,

Very quick post to say Atticus William arrived this morning at 10:15 via emergency c-section weighing 4.1kg and 50cm long. Doing well though tired and a little sore. Back later to update properly, but I'm SOOOOO glad he's out xx

Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    Hi girls,

Very quick post to say Atticus William arrived this morning at 10:15 via emergency c-section weighing 4.1kg and 50cm long. Doing well though tired and a little sore. Back later to update properly, but I'm SOOOOO glad he's out xx
    Wahoo congrats! I love the name And he is a great size. Enjoy your bub.

Lise congratulations on the safe arrival of your little boy. Sounds like he's nice and healthy too

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast