Thread: Progesterone levels in early pregnancy

Default Progesterone levels in early pregnancy

Im not sure I really fit here anymore but I guess I am having a pregnancy after what was previously LTTTC......Just wondering if anyone can help me with a progesterone level in early pregnancy? I know there is a 'range' like everything else, but do you know what your clinic 'like' your level to be without pessaries?

There's a list/graph somewhere. I'll have a look for you.

Hi lily dust- congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
    I am currently pg with an unplanned (but very much loved and wanted!!) baby after ttc ds2 for nearly 3 years (and 3 mc's in that time). I'm fairly certain that my fertility issues were caused by a progesterone deficiency (short luteal phase & multiple mc's). My FS liked my levels to be over 30 when pg.my progesterone was 55.9 4ish weeks and 4 days later it had plummeted to 32.8. I started 200mg of progesterone a day and it climbed back up and I'm 26 weeks.
    Good luck with your pregnancy! Xxx

Can't find it. But at least i bumped your thread

Thanks Lenny!

The chart I found says P4 should be at 9-47 in the first trimester. Unfortunately as some moron stuff the test up, I have no HCG level to look at and see if its low due to impending miscarriage or whether HCG is ok but P4 is a little low......I wont be prescribed pessaries though, since the response I got when I mentioned it was low was 'is it? I dont know levels in early pregnancy; and yep he calls himself an OB

Thanks Yas, I thought the clinic used to say above 40, so your level sounds accurate. Congrats on your pregnancy! Such a shock to go from LTTTC to unplanned!

Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy.

TBH, I'd go to another obstetrician if he doesn't seem to know much about progesterone. I needed progesterone with DS3 and (in my opinion) it was the difference between miscarrying and maintaining the pregnancy as it was rather touch-and-go for me in those first few weeks with my progesterone continually dropping until I started on the pessaries. And once I started the pessaries, my pregnancy settled and continued on to be a very healthy one.

ETA - I realised I'm not addressing your initial query, but I kind of felt the need to comment on your remark about your Ob. Hope that's ok