Thread: Is this real?

Default Is this real?

So after several long years TTC and 2 failed embryo transfers I finally got my BFP, only I still can't feel happy. I am so scared that this is all going to be a curl joke and I'm going to find out any day now that I'm not pregnant.

Am I crazy? Because I sure feel it. I want to POAS every day just to reassure myself that I am indeed pregnant, but DH thinks I'm stressing for no reason and won't let me buy anymore.

Is it normal to feel like this?

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Mrs Mac congrats lovely lady xxx totally normal just take it day by day and I wish you a bundle of sticky vibes!

Default Is this real?

Yes it is! I'm exactly that at the moment!
    After 2 m/c I got a BFP a few weeks ago. Insert 3 stressful weeks of waiting till a scan to see our fate. So far so good, saw butterball with a heartbeat!
    Good luck and sending you sticky vibes!

Thanks ladies. I keep thinking that once I go for my scan I will feel better but I think I may be kidding myself.

Hey Mrs Mac and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yep, totally normal and you know what? If it makes you feel better, buy shares in the POAS company and keep doing them until you feel at ease.....I did

For me there was a slight better feeling after a scan but it didnt last long! I know how you are feeling, try your best to relax a little and enjoy it....easier said than done, I know!

Congrats!

Thanks Lily, they sure don't mention the worry in any pregnancy books.

Yay congrats MrsMac!!!! Sooo happy for you hun!
    And sorry to tell ya, but yep the worry still hasn't left me :/ living from scan to scan, and in between feeling like I'm just pretending I am pregnant, lol. I'm hoping that once I feel bubs regularly kicking and punching my insides, I will stop worrying that its all just a dream!
    I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy soon

They say the TWW is hard. No one tells you how hard the wait is until the 7 weeks scan, or then the 12 week scan. Its all a big waiting worrying time, but if you can try to enjoy it, it can be a great time. Full of hope xxx

congrats again Mrs Mac, I wasn't feeling comfortable with my pregnanc til I was in the 20 weeks, the first trimester was ANXIETY the whole way, i dont' know how DH and I got through it. As joeve says you can just take it one day at a time and eventually you get to a point when it becomes more real and starts going quickly instead of counting the minutes like I was at the start.
    I had to tell myself daily- 'I don't have my period, therefore I must still be pregnant'. I is hard, esp when you don't have many symptoms ( I didn't).
    You will be fine, go into the pregnancy after LTTTC thread and vent away in there, everyone else gets it xx
    p.s. I LOVE being pregnant now, you will get there too!

Mrs Mac congrats and as the others have said, this is common for us LTTTCers when we finally get that BFP. I'm expecting our second now and at 17 weeks I'm still not sure it's real.
    As time goes by it will become more real and you will enjoy it, I promise

Congrats! There's nothing wrong with doing a few tests to ease your mind That picture doesn't even include all the tests I did that pregnancy, just the ones I did up until the Fertility Clinic did the first blood test. I was still very anxious, but each time I saw that line come up I felt a little better

congratulations!!! wonderful news. huge 's

Thank you all so much. I feel a little better today knowing I'm not acting crazy. I POAS again today and felt wonderful seeing the two lines. So now i'll just take it a day at a time until we get to our scan.

Congratulations honey!!! As the other girls have said it's completely normal!!! Up until I had reached my 12 weeks I was a nervous wreck and DH was very scared to get excited. Once we saw that little bub on the screen DH burst into tears and we both finally started to relax. Sometimes I still have pinch me moments and then I get a foot under the rib and realise that it's true!!! xxxx