Thread: Slowish rising hcg levels, should I be worried?

Default Slowish rising hcg levels, should I be worried?

Hi

I'm not sure whether to be worried or not. I had a blood test last week 11 days post a 5 day blast transfer and my level of 120 seemed ok. My next test was 3 days later and it had only just doubled 250. I had another test 2 days later just to check and it showed 380. I have another test Friday and have to go in to my clinic for a check up? which I'm not really sure why as it will be too early to have an ultrasound and I only just had a check up on Monday. On Monday FS said my levels were fine, but after my test Wednesday said I had to go back in.

I do have funny cramping and grabbing pains on my left side, which I haven't had before, but I had OHSS just before transfer and am not sure if that might be causing it.

Hi Milly's Mummy

It's not uncommon for some women to have slow rising HCG levels and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I wouldn't start to panic just yet. You need to know the full picture and when you see your Dr he/she will fill you in. Dr's like to scare us with tests and appointments but try not to worry too much until you see him/her. Easier said than done I know.

How far along are you? Have you got morning sickness? I think the cramping is a good sign. I had cramping when I got my BFP in Feb. When do you go back in?

Hi Porsche,

Thanks for your reply. I have an appt Friday to see FS. I hope everything is ok, apparently I am 5 weeks and 1 day which is still early but I can't feel any symptoms and am not sick at all, which does worry me a bit. I'm hoping its just a bit slow to start and everything will pick up before I know it, but I am feeling quite sombre atm.

Hi Milly's Mummy

It's the not knowing that makes it so hard. Having no signs isn't always a bad thing either. My morning sicknes doesn't normally kick in until about 6 weeks anyway.

I'll be thinking of you Friday and hope all goes well. It's a very lonely path we take. Are you taking someone with you?

Thankyou Porsche

No, my mum is staying home to watch my DD's and DH has already had a day off this week to come with me to FS. Luckily I think the nurses said they will ring me with my hcg result before my appt so I will have time to compose myself before my appt if its not good news.

Oh bugga. Can your DH not make up some excuse? I would hate for you to go by yourself. If it is bad news or not you need the support of family. I would be petrified going in by myself.

Am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. FS said my HCG levels have started dropping and to stop crinone, and that I will probably miscarry over the weekend.....

Default So Sorry

Honey I'm so sorry to hear that.
    You did everything you could. I hope your family can give you some comfort over this weekend.
    x
    Maggie

Hi Maggie and Porsche

Thanks for your support, its Monday night, am still waiting for AF to start..........