Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #9

Default Re: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #9

Joeve it sounds like a variation of normal to me. Especially if its clear.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Thanks Mildez little bit today but not a lot.
    All clear.
    So gross really!! Lol

Joeve....a bit unsettling! All ok now?

Em...how is the sickness?

WW...33 weeks now....yay. I still lie down a lot! I feel so lazy but then think I am growing another human, so it's ok, that's hard work.

AFM....phew. I have never been so busy in pregnancy. I am now working 2 days a week, for the next 6. Need some extra cash. It's mostly sedentary so quite relaxing not to chase around at others beck and call. But still tiring. I get door to door taxi service which reduces the physical load. Kindy is going well and I had a parent helper day this week. Tiring. DD2 likes the one on one time tho this week I have rested and she with me. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes this week at 25 weeks. A first. But I suspected. Just getting to grips with the 6 per day testing and strict times for eating. Miss the not having to think too much about the type of food. And my wake up coffee or hot drink. I don't eat straight away on waking and enjoy a hot drink then eat later. The drink would throw my levels out whilst we are trying to get a handle on them....and no snacking tit bits when doing meal prep for the same reason. If anything my levels are actually low and that's with eating the recommended levels of carbs. Last night I got my first 6 reading.....tho I tested at 1 hr after eating and got 7.4 .....I was worried as I kept getting 4.8 and was worried the meter was broken.

A tricky week... As the Obs said this week...we are getting to the starting line...finally there is more than hope. The stats are much better for 26+ weekers. And last night I had some cramping but not for long...was on tenterhooks! As I was on Thursday, my parent helper day, when we got home at 1.30 I realized Thumper previously known as Popsicle, hadn't moved. So there was some by 3 but not very reassuring. I was preparing to go to the hossy after the girls were asleep, as there was movement but not a lot and not strong. But after they were asleep Thumper started. Relief is an understatement! I cried tears of joy. Made me realise just how wretched this part of pregnancy is....even though it's glorious.

Do blood glucose levels effect baby if they are low? I hadn't started testing then...so don't know what they were.

It's Amelia's 6th angelversary next week. 6 years. Some of my experiences of her birth and short life are so vivid....others not but thank goodness for hospital notes to prompt me. It felt like the Obs was there for ages before her birth, just being so calm and gentle and quietly preparing us but the notes say it was only about 30 mins. The epidural had kicked in by then so it was a very peaceful time and not a lot of anxiety. More relief at the lessening of the CX pain. It was still there but bearable. It was such a precious time to emotionally regroup.

So we will go to the memorial gardens with some butterflies to release, and some birthday cake and bubbles. The girls love the adventure of exploring the gardens.

So at dinner the other night DD1...who is almost 4.5 says...I don't want our baby to die. But if thy do there will be a funeral. Can I release my own butterflies? We had my Dad's funeral in May last year plus 3 mini memorial services a year...guess some of our traditions they remember. The baby dying is a reasonably common discussion in our house, or being sick and needing to stay in hospital, or being well and coming home. I wonder what DD1 says to others?

Mildez....lucky last? How is your wee son going? How are you? Has the exhaustion lifted yet? I am actually thinking I will have a baby shower this time. First time and my last chance!

Oh and carpal tunnel has kicked in...as has poor achey pelvis.

Oh and apparently I am glowing....if only it felt that way.

Sounds like your week has been absolutely full on Dory. So glad to hear your DD is enjoying preschool/prep.

Wow 26weeks. I bet 10weeks ago you didn't think you would get to now I am so thrilled you have and still praying popsicle stays in for many more weeks.

What shame about the diabetes. Not the end of the world of course but it would be better without it. Low blood sugar can definitely make bub sleepy. I love your plan for Amelia's birthday.

DS is going very well. His such a beautiful boy. Love him to bits. His just had his 6 week check up and immunisations and has gained 2kgs since birth. His smiling now and getting happier. DH can actually have him longer the 30secs now without him screaming. He takes him for a walk of an evening which he likes. Think he will be a real farm boy.

Mildez.....sounds perfect! Ahh, is that why when you go in for foetal monitoring because you haven't felt the baby move you get given a lemonade? And why do you think the temperature of the drink is important? Apart from maternal comfort? Doesn't the cold drink warm up once it's consumed?

Have a really ominous sense of doom about the pregnancy at the mo....a couple of changes to CM...some slightly discoloured on Sunday and Tuesday, some more frequent sensations of heaviness but not consistent, some more tightening but not consistent. Then an exceptionally vivid and unsettling dream about the pregnancy ending in a sea of blood...but if I think about it...the dream was just the sea of blood....no labour, no sense of baby having died...but maybe that's because thankfully I got a nice arm rub from DD2 asking me to wake up. Bless.

I absolutely can not believe I am at 26 weeks! Feels like an amazing achievement.

Yes Dory the sugar content should increase the maternal blood sugar and can make bub move. And the coldness is given as they say the coldness on the stomach can wake the baby . Its not always successful of course. We try basic things like that and position changes. If bub is happy and healthy inside then its usually enough.

That is no good about the sense of doom. I am sure its just your way of sort of trying to protect yourself even subconsciously by not fully expecting to take a baby home with you. How often do you see the Ob? When is your next big milestone? Are you still getting lots of movements?

Mildez.... I see him every 1-2 weeks depending on how I am feeling and what's happening. He's reasonably new to private practice so, a lot more flexibility with appointments. From now on they are all big milestones. I suppose getting past 27 weeks will be good as I had a PROM with Gem at 27 weeks and hospitalised for 5 days. But ultimately every week now. Oh yes a lot of movements.

Some odd sensations in the lower tummy today - sort of burning - and sometimes pain. Pain in teh cervix, it feels like. Not surprisingly I feel quite tired, and flat today, and oh my, cranky. Poor kids. I am currently "cooking" pancakes for them ( not me anymore) and just destroying them, they keep sticking to the pan. Almost done, thank goodness. My inability to do things today without breaking things/dropping things is doing my head in. I broke my lancing device, I think. Need to go the chemist to see if they can fix it and if not buy another before I have lunch. I am not feeling glum though.... so that's good.

How are your energy levels? What sort of routine/schedule does DS keep? Love that he is smiling at you.... gorgeous boy.

Well done 26 weeks and counting Dory!
    I am sick sick sick, nothing new to report there

Blergh...poor you Joeve...hard to get really excited about feeling/being sick even if it means there is a bubby on board.

Well done on 26+ weeks Dory!

Im the same as Joeve super sick! On a ****tail of Zofran and maxalon to get some relief. It's stopping the vomiting but the nausea is still present all day long.

I was totally expecting to be sick again
    It does take the shine off but I'm slowly getting more excited! Second trimester today!

Hello All! I am new to this site. I had a miscarriage 4 months ago, I was 10 weeks. I am now pregnant again, 6 weeks and 4 days and I have my first doctor appointment tomorrow. I am super nervous and pray that everything is well. I'm almost scared to be excited and keep fearing the worst. Going to the bathroom is the worst, I keep expecting to see blood. I know I shouldn't stress, but it's so hard not to worry. Does it get easier? Any coping skills anyone would like to share. Thanks!

Welcome!
    Does it get easier? Yes and no!
    I remember last time checking and expecting to see blood til I was about 7 months, this time I've relaxed a bit after my 12 week scan.
    Fingers crossed for a great scan for you

Mimi3 ...congrats. Good luck at your app. Does it get easier ? Yes and no. For me having an early m/c at 8 weeks... I found I was much better after I'd passed that gestation. But about that same time in my 1st preg after loss my bro had a near fatal car accident and I watched my mum with him and realized a mother worries all her life even when her baby is an adult with his own kids. It made it easier for me knowing that, that I could obsess and worry and never enjoy my pregnancy because of the what it's or I could try and do my best to control the things I could....ie me. It was an awesome feeling to let go of that fear and genuinely enjoy the rest of that pregnancy...a whole 14 more weeks of it. Sadly that pregnancy and the next one ended with heartache and 3 babies I didn't bring home, for different reasons. So my 3 pregnancies since then? Honestly looking back? Harrowing, anxiety ridden, ominious sense of foreboding, no hope in actually believing I could bring a baby home. So the best I can do? Ride the waves of terror and moments of less terror. Make sure you have supportive people around you who will try to understand, including Drs/middies, and I would try and live in each moment....right now I am pregnant, and whilst that can change, right now I am and I believe.

So on that note...right now I am pleased to announce I am still pregnant. 27+ 2. I was admitted to hospital last night for suspected rupture of membranes after a gush of clear fluid. So loads of tests and a 2 hour ultrasound the consensus is likely a hind water leak, no infection evident, cervix is 3.8cm, no funelling of cervix no dilation evident, fluid level awesome at an afi of 15, baby doing well, the tightenings did not develop into contractions.....I might get to go home tomorrow! I have had steroid done for baby's lungs, iv antibiotics, nfedipine to ease contractions. So all looking good, esp compared to last night, where I anticipated to be transferred to a hospital with a NICU and be in pre term labour. So this baby is a cat.

Dory I had seen your post in your BB group and was thinking of you. Wonderful news that nothing further has developed and fingers crossed you get to go home and enjoy at least another 10 weeks of being pregnant!

I agree Joeve.It's weird, the same thing happened with DD2's pregnancy at 27 weeks and she made it to 37. I hope so with Thumper.

How are you feeling? Into the secondctrimester, go girl!

Hey guys! Thanks for your replies and insight. My first appointment went well, there's definitely a baby in there with a strong heartbeat of 120. I go back in two weeks, praying for a healthy uneventful pregnancy. Also, keeping you guys in my prayers as well.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast