Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #9

Default Re: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #9

Don't know if it's a boy or girl - keeping it a surprise - though I can see why people want to find out, it is a bit tricky to buy things!

Feeling a bit better today after 2am browsing on the internet researching prams and all that last night.

It is relieving knowing that you have had similar feelings. At the moment I am feeling all good about us finishing the unit over Easter and starting the painting of the 3 bedrooms in the new place as well - then Anzac Day weekend we should be able to get some if the big baby stuff. Will wait till the baby shower for the rest. There's time. And if there isn't. Well. We will just have to deal.

As you can see - much more optimistic today! Missed you guys. Thanks for being here xo

How's everyone going? Finding it hard to believe I am 14 weeks tomorrow, only 26 weeks to go

I've only got 9 weeks to go! I'm 31 weeks on Tuesday - can't believe it!!!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Sneaks in to woo hoo myturn ... So glad soon it will be your turn! Lol xx
    Sneaks out x

Can I join in here too?

I am 6weeks pregnant today with what I am praying will be my last baby. I have 3 daughters and this is pregnancy number 9 for me. I've had 5 losses including 3 chemical pregnancies, PUL assumed ectopic that resolved on its own over a month and an ectopic where I lost my right tube. We have been ttc since my last DD was born in March 2011 bar a few months off for personal reasons and I was BF in 2011 so my cycles were pretty irregular.

I had a scan to check for ectopic as I was having a lot of lefted sided pain and given my history and the fact we know my left tube is damaged. It was a surprise and relief to find out bub made it to the right spot but too early to see a fetal pole or heartbeat. I was 5+4 then and have another scan booked for 8weeks. At the scan they discovered I have 3 left ovarian cysts causing me grief and hence the pain. There were more but one at collapsed and another the corpeous luteum cysts. The largest is around 8cm by 7cm.

Anyway hopefully I get to stay. I am very worried about loosing this pregnancy due to my history and I was not confident with my HCG levels. I also have not really had any signs except do currently feel nauseous so hopefully thats about to change.

Congratulations Mildez, your nervousness is completely understandable. I think I spent the first 10 weeks in disbelief that this baby would stick.
    That sucks that you have the cysts, are they any concern except painful?

Keeping everything crossed for you for an uneventful pregnancy.

Myturn sorry I hadnt been in since you posted, I didnt get a notification not much longer to go now for you, cant wait to see you ba. I will be the one leaping about cheering

Oh mildez so happy for you - and as mummat said your anxiety totally makes sense - it's hard I enjoy it when you've has such bad experiences. I'm crossing everything and praying it's a sticky one for you xoxox

No problem mummat xox

I can't truely get excited until bub starts moving and I know she/he is definitely alive and then even until after the birth I can can see for myself. I work as a midwife so see it everyday that things can go wrong for anyone although of course there are way more positives then negatives. Just seems to good to be true. I have wanted this even before I conceived my 1st lol (to be a mum to 4 living children) and had given up hope that it would happen.

They said my pregnancy is very high risk and if one of the cysts rupture in the 1st trimester the risk of m/c is extremely high. The pain is quiet bad but its also not constant. Annoying mostly. Its painful to lift my leg to put my shoes on, underpants, lift it up to get into my car etc. Thats the worst of it and when I sit down it feels like I am sitting on something or bending over something. Its been there a while. Quiet a while but I didn't know about it despite tests. It has definitely gotten worse since the pregnancy. I guess the pregnancy hormones are feeding them now. They said if they don't change they will need to be surgically removed in the 2nd trimester.

Mildez not sure if you'd remember me but we were BY with our daughters. .. wanted tosay congratulations and sending positive vibes xx

Yes I do remember you HPL. Thanks for the positive vibes and Congrats.

I am freaking out. I feel so confident I have had a mm/c. I hate feeling like this. I am trying to be positive that today I am pregnant and thats a lot more than I was last month. My concerns now are more from lack of symptoms. I was violently ill with M/S with my last by now and with this one if it wasn't for a missed AF and positive tests I would not even know I was pregnant. I feel so normal. In the back of my mind are my HCG levels too. Not terrible but far from high or even really average. I have another scan in 10days. Hopefully if I see a HB I will feel much better. But already I am invisioning their wont be one. God where can I get help about these feelings?

mildez it's totally understandable. If it's really impacting on how you are feeling, maybe it's worth getting a referral from your GP to a psychologist or social worker. I think a few sessions of pregnancy counselling is covered by Medicare. I don't think anything I say can reassure you. Just know that we are all sensing our love and positive vibes up into the heavens. Xox

Ps. My mum never knew she was pregnant with her kids for three months... Every pregnancy is different. Just because you has MS last time. Doesn't mean you will with this one.

I know I can't say much that will help your anxiety, but like Myturn said it's completely understandable.

I still find it hard to believe I am actually 16 weeks and will be having the morph scan in a couple of weeks.

Sending you bunches of strength

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi and reach out a bit, not sure if anyone in here. I have come over from the LTTTC thread. I am very sub-fertile and have a lot of obstacles to get pregnant, but seem to get pregnant very quickly after laps (for endo - see my sig).

I just went through my fifth IVF transfer (6 stim cycles altogether) and got a BFP. Earlier this year I had a natural conception of twins but they miscarried at 8 weeks (trisomy 21, ie Downs). I had the DnC at the start of May so it is all very raw still.

Had +BT (299 hcg at 12dp5dt) on Monday, so I am not even 5 weeks yet. There was a good DT of 40 hours between BTs (I had an earlier one of 90 hcg 3 days prior). I am ok but not feeling morning sickness yet, which was my indication with my last pregnancy that things weren't great (miscarried twins at 8 weeks). I do feel very tired and I am happy that the hcg is lower, strangely, just because I am still a bit twins-phobic. I would love a healthy singleton.

I don't really know how to be now. I know I do accept the reality of the pregnancy, because I do have some "pregnant" type feelings, but my mind just latches onto what's lacking, ie morning sickness. I always had spotting too, in both my healthy and non-healthy pregnancy, usually starting around week 5 so I am kind of waiting for that but it hasn't happened yet, thank god (because it is so stressful).

Any ideas about taking things one day at a time? Feeling positive? Trying to attach/not attach?

Wishing us all healthy babies and uneventful pregnancies.

WW
    x

Hey WW. I don't think there is any way to get through it easily. You just do whatever you do to survive. I felt quite detached the whole pregnancy, you count each milestone and just take each day by day. I don't think I really got excited until I was on maternity leave.

Just be kind to yourself and enjoy it as best you can xo

CONGRATULATIONS WW on your pregnancy. I have everything crossed for you bubba is super sticky. I'd be happy with those HCG numbers. Initially I was not happy with mine but they proved me wrong and I will be 17weeks tomorrow. My HCG was 258 at 16-17DPO and then 1788 at 21-22DPO. They had a doubling rate of 47hours.

As for how to survive I am not the best person to give advice on that as I have been an emotional basket case this pregnancy. Initially I was ok after I knew the pregnancy was not ectopic as having had multiple losses before 10weeks I was almost expecting it not to work and kind if not letting myself hope to much for a different outcome. The real anxiety actually came at around the 12-14weeks. I have had some complications with cysts and pain relating to these, prolapse and 2weeks ago I thought my waters broke. Other then extreme fatigue I have had little pregnancy symptoms although I am studying and working a lot so thats not helping with the fatigue. I have also had a lot of stress which doesn't help. I think taking so long to get pregnant and having multiple losses it can just seem to good to be true and I have prepared myself for something negative to happen which is terrible.

Advice I have been given is to enjoy being pregnant today. Obviously we don't know whats going to happen but for now we are pregnant and closer then we were yesterday or a month ago etc to bringing another much wanted bub home.

Thanks MyTurn! Congratulations on your DD.

Mildez, thanks so much. It really helps to read your thoughts. Oh my God, your pregnancy sounds very stressful so far. I will take on board what you say about enjoying being pregnant today.

WW
    x

Hello to everyone here, and congratulations on your pregnancies (and your DD, myturn!). Sending love and support your ways for healthy and happy babies.

I have just booked in for my viability/dating scan in a couple of weeks time, and the anxiety has hit me like a truck. I have my DS 3, but lost my second pregnancy (blighted ovum) in April. Feeling scared suddenly. I'm only 5 weeks 1 day today, and no morning sickness yet, but plenty of fatigue and frequent peeing and sore/full bbs. Trying to tell myself that having no morning sickness yet really means nothing - I felt awful with my previous pregnancy, and that was no positive indicator in the end. But yeh... just trying to stay positive and enjoy every moment as best I can. Finding it hard to get support IRL - not through anyone's fault, just don't have any friends who have been through similar experiences.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast