View Poll Results: Was your 18-20 week scan correct with telling the sex of your little bubba?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 98.40%
  • No

3 1.60%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was your 18-20week scan correct with telling the sex of your little bubba? *Poll*

with DD we got a full on 'toilet-shot' and all 3 of us (sonographer, Dh and I) could easily see the 3 lines and yep, we were all correct in our guess!

This time i only got a brief look, but the sonographer was 100% sure. well, she said first of all 'it looks like a girl'. DH said, 'looks? can we say we are having a girl then?' and she did a big sweep and got an even better shot and said 'yep, there aint no willy there'

that said, ALOT of people have been questioning the 'girl' status...from the shape of my belly, to the things i have been craving. there are some strange old wives tales out there i tell ya lol! but now it has planted a seed of doubt in my head....arrghhhh! ah well, if it does turn out to be a boy he'll just have to wear alot of floral for the first few months lol!

right both times for hamburger anda hot dog!

I asked the sonographer not to tell me. But the way they said "HE" when speaking about the baby, it was definitely a he.

with both boys you could tell, their was no mistaking those packages lol, it is going to be interesting with this one thou, pregnancy is different already, with my boys i had alot of fluffing lol, this one i have wind pain before needing to go number 2's lmao! and gone off food i loved eating with the boys, i know my boys were boys their heart rates (old wives tales) at first scan were low 120's then went and sat in the 130's and if very actice low 140's. my sister's girls scans were correct too, and same as the old wives tales about heart rates, their girls were in 150's to 160's!

yes mine was right about my little boy at almost 21wks, we shall see for this one got awhile to wait though for the scan & bubba lol
    Last edited by mummy of 3 boys; June 30th, 2010 at 07:38 AM.

at my 20 week scan they told me it was a boy..and when we had the 3d scan at 27 weeks he was still a boy...

well with DS they were right there was no mistaking with this one they couldnt tell but he said if he was going to say he would say 70% girl

They have been right everytime with my 3 little exhibitionists. DH and I could tell looking at the u/s for all 3 of hours before the sonographer even scanned that area. They do go past there while doing other scans and it was obvious each time. My kids still love to do their 'nudie runs' so nothing has changed

4 out of 4 right here..and thank goodness the sonographers knew what they were doing, cause I had NO idea what I was looking at, any time!
    With Pie I really went all out with the girly stuff and the first thing I said after she was born was 'phew..she's a girl'

My sister was told a boy, then had another scan a bit later & they said hmmm, maybe a girl...she was a girl.

Right with both mine. (I had mothers intuition both times, but DH wanted to know for sure.)

And now it makes 3 out of 3

Boy bits look raaaaaather different on an ultrasound to girl bits.

Out of all 5 of mine they correctly guessed the genders, i have 3 girls and 2 boys!

3 out of 3 correct here!

Yep, 100% correct here too

It was correct with DS. Sonographer said he was definately a boy and very well endowed lol, and he was definately born a boy lol

Will be interesting to see what this one is though I'm hoping girl lol

With our first, we was told that we were expecting a girl at my 18 weeks scan. This time due to baby positioning akwardly (each and every single ultrasound!!!) we couldn't find out! So it will be a surprise and I'm so happy that I had to wait now! Only 2 weeks to go!!

We waited to find out with our first, was a boy.

We were told the 2nd was "most likely" a girl but not to rush out and buy pink, pfft as if I listened. And she was a girl!

2 from 2 here aswell... DD1 was spotted easily, DD2 was being a PITA and it took the guy the entire time to find out.. but they were spot on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast