Thread: Can someone pls give me answers? Extremely irritable

Default Can someone pls give me answers? Extremely irritable

Sunday past, i had been experiencing really bad back pain and abdominal cramping. I was admitted to hospital as i started having contractions 2 min apart, which obviously had been the discomfort during the day.
    They stopped it with Endone but also gave me 4 bouts of antibiotics also. On internal examination the dr advised they could see my cervix but it had not dilated.
    I was discharged the next day due to the contractions not returning.
    Im currently 36 weeks pregnant, but my question is when saying she can see my cervix, could that possibly mean its moved forward?
    Also i still very much like crap, extremely heavy between the legs and still pressure down there, is this going to occur till i give birth?
    And baby has slowed down, she still moves around but very rarely compared to before?
    Has anyone gone through this?
    I also wanted to have a bath but im scared ill get an infection?

Any tips? Im really getting depressed ;( and becoming extremely irritated..
    Pls help
    And thanks in advance

Default Re: Can someone pls give me answers? Extremely irritable

Sounds like labour might not be far away. But there's still no reason not to enjoy a bath. I think it was only if your waters had broken you should avoid a bath, but I can't remember! It's been too long, lol.
    Good luck

Oh clover i am hoping this is the case, i have never ever felt this way at this point in pregnancy.
    Thats the thing ive never had my waters break conpletely, they always come like im just casually doing a wee. Thats why im abit anxious, especially after sunday.
    Aaarrghhh this is driving me crazy lol! Just wish she would either move back up abit or come out..

Theres quite a few things that could be causing your symptoms. One is irritable uterus, where you have bouts of regular contractions but your cervix doesnt dilate, i had this with several of my munchkins from 30 wks and delivered around the 37/38wk mark via inductions. Another is maybe you are overdoing your daily activities and your body is politely asking you to slow down and rest a bit. Another is, maybe labour isnt far away and these are your practice runs. And another is, maybe baby is engaging.
    My advice is to listen to your body, rest as much as you can, take warm showers and lay down, or baths if you prefer.
    Im not sure about the seeing your cervix bit, but i think you can take baths if you like, as long as your waters hasnt broken and the water isnt too hot.
    Be kind to yourself and take it easy

Thanks heaps kristi14

Hello Sparklez

I had an irritable uterus with DD2 but no contractions before we went into labour at 38 weeks on the nose. I did have lots of cramping, intense BH, lower back ache for most of the third tri though, if not earlier. You may need to rest more. That did help my discomfort. I also noticed my pain was worse when I was stressed or anxious.

Thanks heaps for your reply ladies.

I went to the dr today cause i was really nauseous and frustrated.
    Dr said bubs is engaged now and heart rate is fine.
    His giving me a week if not less and he thinks i will have her.
    I have been taking it easy lately due to the pressure I'm finding it difficult to walk without feeing like i have to cross my legs.
    I guess its all a waiting game i guess. She will attempt her escape when she's ready.
    I was going to start EPO tonight but thinking maybe not a good idea? Or give it ago anyway?

Sounds like it might have been baby engaging. I would wait until you are right on 37wks before starting the EPO or doing anything else that might move things along. Just get that little bit further along if you can . I just had my little man come on his own at 37wks, caught me by surprise thats for sure.