Thread: Oligohydramnios anyone?

Default Oligohydramnios anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has had oligohydramnios particularly from the 2nd trimester and if so what was the outcome. Did your bub have any issues? Did you need to be induced and was labour more complicated as a result?

Default Re: Oligohydramnios anyone?

Not from the 2nd tri. Only diagnosed in the third.
    It was with my first. I was warned off smoking and drinking! Lol. And keeping hydrated. They kept scanning me and checking his heart for stress and telling my I needed to be induced. I let them book me in for an induction the day after his Due day. Thank my lucky stars he came that day of his own accord! The ob took great pleasure in telling me there was no amniotic fluid when he was born. But he was perfectly fine.
    Then I got dx with number 2 too. But he was breach and it meant that they refused to do an ECV on me. No fluid to cushion to turn.
    He was born by Cs - because of being breach and I swear to you the smug ob took great pleasure in telling me there was zero fluid when he made the incision!
    Both my babies were fine. I don't know what would have happened if they had gone past 40 weeks. I kept getting checked a lot and I still felt ok about it all because no one was panicking. They did say in both cases that I had run out completely.

I hope they can suggest something to you to stop it or slow it down a little bit.

Thank you for your reply Lenny.

I don't have an exact measurement. There is fluid but less then expected. I don't smoke or drink alcohol but have been a bit naughty with Caffeine. No abnormalities have been detected in bub but I worry about kidneys and that and why this would happen. I have had not a lot of movement from early on but its not exactly getting worse. Hopefully its just one of those things that happens and no cause will be found.

Hopefully they'll keep monitoring you and measuring the fluid. It's a bit hit and miss though, I reckon. The ultrasound ob said I should rest and drink lots of water, but the other ob didn't seem to think that drinking water made any difference. You can never have to much rest though! Put your feet up - if you get the chance!

Haha rest not sure if I know what that is I definitely should increase my water intake however. Bit nervous my next scan will show a problem. Hopefully its just related to my older age and nothing to worry about.

One of my twins had it, at 24 weeks she barely had any fluid, we had to have another scan at 28 weeks and she had more but we had to have fortnightly scans for 6 weeks then back to monthly until they were born. All I did was drink more water and tried to rest as much as possible but that wasn't much. She only has one kidney so they were never sure if it was from that or something else.

How are you Mildez?

Thanks for asking Lenny. I am going ok. Exhausted and all the typical later pregnancy feeling. I see the Ob on Tuesday and hopefully see if everything is going well. Last measurement the fluid was borderline so not worrying according to my Ob. I get worried about bubs movements and a few times especially this week have serious considered going to the hospital for a CTG. But then bub starts moving and I think it must be ok. I am keeping a pretty close eye on movements. I have noticed bub rarely hiccups now. Not sure if this means anything.

Hopefully it causes no more issues for you. Pregnancy is just a grand old walk in the park sometimes, isn't it!