Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

I know how you feel katie, Im just 2 days over and its doing my head in I know they come when they are ready but it really is driving my partner and I insane!

I am still here - now 6 days over and no progress. I had acupuncture done yesterday and only had 1 BH afterwards...nothing else. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Well, I'm 10 days overdue today! I've resigned myself to the fact that he's not going to come out on his own no matter what I've tried! I'm being induced tonight so at least I know I'll have my baby in my arms in the next day or so.
    Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting! I know how frustrating it can be!!

Default 6 days over EDD, the waiting game

Yay, this forum is tangible evidence that I'm not alone - makes me feel much better. I was due 6 days ago (21st Jan). I've been fine until this morning, when I suddenly felt really sick of waiting, mainly because of constant discussion by obs of induction - they've booked me for Monday 2nd Feb if I haven't delivered by then. I would really rather just wait and monitor and let bub arrive in his own time if he and I continue to be healthy, as we have been all the way through. It's so good to read all the supportive messages in here - it helps me stay resolute that I will keep pushing the obs for monitoring before induction, and baby will come when it is the right time for him.
    I've already had them try and push for induction based on "hospital policy" (you simply can't go more than 10 days over EDD, and they'd prefer to induce earlier) and "risk to babies if they go longer than 10 days over" (but refusing to refer me for a scan to check if my baby actually has enough amniotic fluid and placenta function before induction - his constant wriggles and kicking seem very happy and healthy to me, and they're happy with his heart rate each time).
    I will keep asking for the monitoring, and try and say no to induction until they can show a medical reason in my case. Or at least slow down the process so that it happens as late as possible, and starts with gentler methods such as a stretch and sweep.

Hard work, but it's important enough to me to be worth the effort. Next appt is tomorrow night - wish me luck
    Last edited by happymum; January 27th, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: To clarify that obs induction reasons were generic, not due to any specific issues with me or my baby

happy mum - woo good on you. my MW have been good about the whole 'if you go over' which im 99.99% sure i will. i had my last appt. last week and the MW i saw said "just book the induction in for 42+ weeks, if they try earlyer with me i'll tell them i'll be mointered untill 42 weeks, then they can talk about inuction becuase based on the mathmatical formular they use, i'm ment to have a 28 day cycle...YEAH...try 21 so i'm with you and pushing for 2 weeks over to allow my bun to be perfecitly cooked!
    hope it all goes well for you!

Hey Bellyblip, good on you! I thought I'd give a happy update. Saw a different ob. last night, and he was really cool about letting me go 14 days over if bub and I are well and that's what I want.

So I'm more relaxed now. "Planning" for my labour to start naturally on Sunday - after a wedding on Saturday and before the hospital induction appt. on Monday. Let's see if I can make that happen

Meanwhile, I'm looking on the bright side of being late - I love feeling and seeing bub kicking and wriggling inside me, and I can still pick up purse and keys and leave the house in 30 secs anytime I want. Not long to go now...

Anyone else out there past their EDD right now? I'm currently 3 days over with no signs of anything happening any time soon. I'm trying really hard to be patient - but I've already waited 9 months - I want to have my baby in my arms now, now, now!!!

I have my next check up at 41 weeks, and I'm hoping I don't make it .

Only by one day...

DESPITE what my freaking nutcase of a ticker is saying.

Default Postscript to being "overdue"

Hi, thought I should put the happy ending to my long wait into this thread to give all you overdue ladies a perspective from afterwards. Since the last post I made, my next appointment was scheduled for Monday 2nd Feb, when I would be 12 days over and they were planning to induce me. I was feeling extremely stressed and upset walking into the hospital for this appointment, as I really didn't want an induction at that point. After an internal and about 1/2 an hour of electronic foetal monitoring to get a good baseline trace, they reported that I was 2cm dilated, but baby still wasn't engaged. I certainly didn't feel any signs of labour, so they let me go home and book to come back on Wednesday afternoon (14 days over). I was soooooo excited to be allowed to wait until 14 days. Had an awesome day enjoying the soon-to-be-gone freedom of being baby-free and knowing I had succeeded in giving baby and I the best possible chance of having a natural start to labour.
    Tuesday, started to feel impatient again, to try and avoid induction the next day. So I walked and walked despite heat and exhaustion (pretty tiring carrying a 42 week pregnancy) to try and bring on labour. Finally labour did start late Tuesday night, and I delivered a very healthy baby boy on Wednesday 4th Feb, exactly 14 days overdue. The best bit, is the midwives held him up when he was born and couldn't believe how much vernix he had on him. They said he looked like a baby born on it's due date or a couple of days early. He was not wrinkly or overcooked at all, not even a little bit. So my instincts were right, that he needed a bit longer in there before he was ready to come out, and I'm so glad I managed to hang on until labour started naturally.
    If you are feeling like your body and your baby just aren't quite ready, trust that feeling. Or if you really are feeling like you can't go on and need to get the baby out, then go with that, as long as you're fully informed of the increased risk of other intervention after induction. Either way, trust your instincts and be well informed. Then whatever decisions you make will be the best ones for you that you could make at the time, and that's what matters.

PS. Get used to the idea of the baby not having read the manual and conforming to your plans and preferences, as there's usually plenty more of that to come

here again!
    only by two days.
    BUT not been helped by a cousin of mine having her first on the EDD lol.
    ahh can some one fast forward until the labour. im going nuts. and i think i'm about to start peeing RTL. not just drinking it

I am 2 days over... soon to be 3! I am getting very frustrated, and don't want to be induced!

Hi Mysti, I'm over as well... I'm trying to relax as much as possible.
    I have an appt with my OB tomorrow and will surely get the induction talk- I'm going to request to leave it to the latest possible date to give this little fella a chance make his way into the world in his own time.

I forced myself to get up and go for a walk today and get some stuff done around the house. I figured if I'm going to be uncomfortable anyway, I might as well be doing stuff! It was a nice distraction and the day went a bit quicker.

I hope you make some progress tonight! I'll be thinking of you- sending labour vibes xx

I never ever thought I would be posting in this thread. But here I am. My 5 year old and 3 year old were both born at 38+2 and here I am at 40+3 with number 3. To make matters even worse, my early ultrasounds always have me measuring earlier than my LMP EDD, so my midwife has me adjusted to 41 weeks today!

Since 38 weeks it's been lots of cramps and 3 separate nights of mild contractions, last Thursday we ended up at hospital, but got sent home. Baby is posterior and my cervix was posterior, high and closed. My midwife couldn't do a S&S. She tried again today and my cervix was lower as bub's head has moved down, but still closed.

The time is starting to really get me down now. I'm attempting my 2nd VBAC, so induction is tricky. I'll be talking to an OB at hospital on Wednesday, but I really hope they leave me alone so I can have my 3rd spontaneous labour.

Meanwhile, I'm doing all I can to turn encourage this baby to turn anterior and put enough pressure on my cervix to start dilating it.

It's very quiet in here *tumbleweeds blow by* but I hope no one else joins me.

Default Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

Update: graduated from post dates yesterday.

Baby boy born 7/11 at 5:45pm. 3.8kg. 54cm long and head 35cm. DH and I got very busy DTD the night before and that seems to have done the trick.

Default Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

Congrats suz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123