Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

Default Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

This thread is a general chatter thread for those who have exceeded their their 'due date' during pregnancy.

Remember that it's considered full term from 38-42 weeks of pregnancy, and even first trimester ultrasounds can be 5 days out either side. Patience is such a virtue, who wants a baby born too early who has more chance of infection or has trouble breathing? Who wants to be induced and what comes with that? You might like to read the induction article HERE before making the decision to accept an induction.

Of course, baby will come when they are good and ready - ultrasound is never accurate, so hopefully with a bit of good BellyBelly support, you'll be able to cope a little bit better

If you are in early labour or trying to get things going, remember these things:

* Rest at night if possible, use the day to get things moving
    * Walk - especially walking through contractions - it's the best thing you can do!
    * Stairs - climbing stairs is a great way to get things going and to help get that baby down
    * Lunges if you have a posterior baby - one leg on a step or chair and do lunges - as well as stair climbing is good for helping a posterior baby turn
    * Keep away from baths - it counteracts gravity. Jump in the shower instead and if you need to sit down on a chair in a shower that's okay
    * Keep upright where possible - make use of gravity. When the uterus contracts, it contracts forwards, so lean into them, bend the knees and have your knees apart. Don't lean forward so much that gravity wont help - about a 45 degree angle is good.
    * Don't exhaust yourself through physical activity - you'll need the energy later!
    * Keep yourself busy - find yourself a project to do to distract yourself to help with the anticipation. Sort your recipes in an album, store photos, do scrapbooking - anything to keep your mind off going into labour or it can drive you mad!

If you are trying to beat a medical induction you might like to read the Natural Induction Methods.

OK I have decided to make use of this thread.... I am seriously starting to get antsy.... come out baby!
    I hope I am not joined by anyone in here soon... although it would be rather lonely

becmc Guest

What a good thread to have! (though I am not overdue-yet!).

Nicky, I hope little Lachlan makes his entry into the world soon for you!

haha so do i!!! grrr
    lol
    cheers! not long for u now!

Awww Nicky I'm sure he'll come along soon!

So Nicky, how are you going tonight? Are you surviving okay?

Ooh - maybe something's happening!

Hello All

Ok so the house is clean...the children are clean....the bag is packed.....and if I get another wind cramp I will scream LOL!

ttcno2 Guest

Hi Jacqui, im due on the 20th and i feel EXACTLY the same way. I have been having these "prelabour pains" for three weeks - im not sure if they are like the wind cramps you mean - like period pain, and they last probably about 4-5 minutes (thats mostly how i know they are not contractions - they are too long)....and they do happen sometimes in conjunction with going to the loo, or food things - but sometimes just happen at other times too. Last time I remember that my first contractions felt like this, so i have been on tenterhooks every time it happens wondering if this is it. to make thigns worse, my last labour was 3 hours so im keen not to waste time if i do go into labour!
    i havent been taking any RLT or anything this time, and thinking maybe i shoul hdave

ttcno2, I am experiencing exactly the same thing as you - 3 weeks of pre-labour pains and period type pains and BH contractions up the wahzoo that don't really go anywhere. How frustrating! I know patience is a virtue, but I'm not feeling very virtuous right now :P

"Dear 'The Baby', please to be coming out now, Sincerely, Your Parents."

Neuri

hopefullmum2b Guest

Default just checking in

hi all ,

just saying hi and checking in. I'm still waiting for our little man to arrive - getting frustrated now. Make things worse I have like a rash on my tummy over my awful stretch marks that is all read and bummpy like. I just want to meet my little man, i have an appointment at the clinic this Friday with one of the doctors but hopefully i will go in the next couple of days. Can anyone else sympathise with me ??
    Bubs #1- It's a BOY, due 13th November

Am I alone in here??? I'm 5 days over and quietly crapping myself about getting an induction... a few days more yet so I'll see what I can do about it before then.
    Just posting really because I am so frustrated. Sick and tired of ppl phoning me and stopping me in the street to say "anything happening yet?" I am so sore and have had period pains for weeks now. Not sure about BH, I havent had any painful ones. Maybe I have had them and not noticed? I do get a kind of cramping down low but nothing up the top at all...?

Hang in there Sazz! (I had forgotten that I'd subscribed to this thread). I ended up 12 days over and went into labour the day before I was due for induction. I can understand the frustration and the annoyance of people asking if you've had the baby yet. Well duh... was my response, did they think I'd be answering the home phone if I'd had the baby. My other response was, oh gee, yeah I've had him, I just decided not to tell anyone.

Good luck and can't wait to hear your birth announcement.

LOL thanks Suse,
    Yeah I have had the same thoughts here with the dumb things ppl say. SIL actually said she thought we must have had the baby and not told her. AS IF. Mind you, after that I am tempted hehehe. Just got off the phone from my best friend, followed, 5mins later by my Dad. PPl still checking up but being nice about it now... I think they can tell by the tone in my voice. Hey, I'm hormonal, I'm allowed!
    Why is it that some are allowed to go 14days over and others are only allowed 10days. I think I am going to be a 10day induction by what the dr says... Had tightenings last night but not with any pain and now they are gone. Maybe something will still happen. Today is my brothers birthday so I will go today for sure!

sazz,
    don't worry too much about the induction luv! If that is the way it is meant to go, then that's they way it'll go! Remember, i was induced to get Chrissie out and all went great and it was still an awesome experience! I don't regret it at all!! in fact i'm glad i did it because a few days more and there was no way she was going to come out naturally...!! hang in there and which ever way it happens, you'll have bubs in your arms soon!!!

good luck

xxx

Hey Sazz..
    Ive had the same frustrating phone calls and texts.. ITS ANNOYING. I keep telling people that the little kettle wont boil while being watched. LOL
    Hang in there!!! I hope to READ you have gone to hospi SOON!!!!
    Sending all the labour vibes I can muster!!
    XX

welllll im not over quite yet but i 100% sure i will!
    its driving me insane already, all i can think of is going 2 weeks over....
    tried all the old wives tales, none of them work... i think bubs will come out when he likes...

oh hooray i get to join this thread too. My junior is quite content in staying inside for now.
    I am trying to do things to keep from going insane!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast