Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread #2

well me and jen are STILL here!! ahh its the most frustrating thing going over! i have another ctg tomorrow, had one on thurs as well... everythings fine. and then another doc appointment on tues.
    doc doesnt let me go anymore than 10 days over, so should be induced around wed-thurs-fri next week... at least thats a little bit of comfort that i know i should have a baby by next weekend! dont want to get induced but hes showing NO signs of coming out so looks like thats the way to go!

happy@home Guest

Is anyone out there? I am the only one still waiting for bub? I am now 4 days over and was it not for all the "signs" that things could be starting I would be more patient. I have been having "signs" for well over 2 weeks now and just want this baby out. Baby is fully engaged (which I find strange for a 3rd) and it is so uncomfortable. By about 8pm I am having real trouble walking. Any tips or advice? Please help I am going mad!!!

Well it looks like I will be coming in here officially in 2 days... bub still hasn't shown any signs of wanting to come out! I just hope we meet her before the 29th or after the 1st!!!

How do you cope?

frazaled1971 Guest

well thought i would come and sit in here on my lonsem as i am now officially overdue ok so its only by 1 day but i tell you it feels like 1 month

Has anyone else passed their due date?

hi Gabi ,

I have passed my due date again.
    I did with my second and this one is following suit

I have passed too, Why am i not surprised? Oh thats right i have gone over with all of them!! Grrrrrrr.
    I am so over not sleeping, eating everything, being a emotional cow, not being able to walk, horrendus pressure on my bladder,.... I just want to meet him NOW!

Ok vent over!

I am so glad that we are all so happy to be post dates!

Nasty little game that mother nature plays on some of us isn't it! It's like unpaid overtime..

I agree that 1 day feels like 1 month. Unfortunately I started to experience carpal tunnel at 40wks and now sleeping makes me feel like my arms go numb....and it doesn't matter which position I lie in.

I have tried accupressure, curry, sex, walking, squatting, jumping (yes i took it easy), massage and a number of other 'natural' induction methods.... I just can not get this baby moving, and my BH contractions seem to have dissappeared completely, so I now feel that this baby will not budge.

JOY!

Aww Naomi, im sure we will be holding our little bundles soon, I have not gone more than 4 days over, so i am hoping that wed is MY day, although i seriously doubt it!!

Hoping your lil bundle arrives shortly!!!

I'm glad I'm not alone.

My doctor tried to induce me night before last. My husband and I had said that we were willing to try cervidil gel but that after my internal in the morning we wanted to discuss our options rather than just go ahead and break the waters and start the syntocin, when we told the midwife this she said 'be very firm with him, he's like a bull at a gate'. I thought 'oh no!' But at the end of the 12 hours of cervidil he examined me and my cervix was still closed so even if he'd wanted to he couldn't have just broken the waters while he was in there.

I'm glad we didn't break the waters and I'm glad I haven't had any syntocin, but I am a bit bummed that my cervix is still closed.

Do you girls feel increasing pressure from your friends and family about having the baby soon? That's the part I hate the most.

Yes Gabi i wish my friends and family would leave the questions unsaid, i am so sick of hearing "anything happening, whats the news, have you had that baby yet".
    I ended up saying.. "have you got a text or call saying anything different?" that normally stops the questions for a while.... Now that im over, HA they are getting used again!!

I am just sick of my bosses asking! I am quite literally ready to tell them where to stick their job! I work from home, so really it makes no difference to their business if I have had the baby or not....although I imagine that the reason that they are asking is because they feel that they will be able to push more work my way once the little one comes. Grrr!

Still here ladies? It looks like today or tomorrow will be my day. I am being induced again tonight and my OB is not comfortable leaving Baby in there any longer so one way or another out he/she comes!

I'm hoping that the cervidil will send me into labour and that further intervention will be unnecessary

Naomi08, hopefully it's the calm before the storm? i have found the same thing, I could feel my hormones going crazy and I had heaps of BH and other symptoms...then all of a sudden they all just stopped. Maybe our bodies think they have given birth now and have stopped producing the labour hormones hehe.

Goodluck Gabi! I hope that you are right about the calm before the storm...

Hi there,
    I know there are at least three of us overdue. Come and join me here. Lotsa, thepixie/the bear and anyone else.

I am 6 days over. Had no signs until today I am either getting painful bh every 10-20min lasting 1-2min or these are the start of contractions. I think I am as ready as can be. Just waiting now till bubs decides to push through. Using contraction master on the interenet atm to time them. Great program and it is free.

Is there anyone else who is over at the moment???? Or is it just me losing my mind??

It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread but hopefully someone is out there!

I'm now 6 days overdue and am really getting frustrated. I've been in 'pre-labour' for a couple of weeks now and still my little boy has not arrived! I'm due to be induced on Friday/Saturday and really hope he comes before then!

I've tried all the 'natural' induction methods but nothing seems to work and I'm sooo over all the phone calls and sms'!! I know what everyone says - "he'll come when he's ready". But why not when I'm ready!?

What do people do to occupy their minds with something other than "ooh, is this it?" because that's what I think every time I get a cramp or pain...

Sorry for the whinge but I'm going crazy here!!

Hi, I am over my dates as well. I am now 4 days over and nothing is happening. I have tried 'natural' methods as well and nothing is working. I am starting to feel restless! I will be induced on Tues/Wed, and really want to come naturally before then. Last night I had a hot curry and all it did was make me feel bad in the stomach! I have decided to avoid that one from here forward as I really don't need a stomach complaint during labour!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast